• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Golf card debit/credit

nishank

TF Select
Can someone help me Mastercard World variants issued by banks as it provides free golf lessons. I already have Indus Ind Pinnacle, World Exclusive and Yes First Exclusive. But need other cards for increasing lessons per month

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What's the location?

I am looking into playing golf (for experience).
One needs Dress, Gloves right?
Do you need to carry clubs?

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Will check it out someday.
I am from New Delhi, so was thinking Siri Fort or Qutub Golf Course.
You can also try IDFC Wealth. ( Not World Variant but their booking process is awesome- poshevine)

Aditya12

TF Premier
I regularly use my MC world variant cards to enjoy golf lessons.
Below are some low/mid level cards with minimal fees/LTF

HDFC Swiggy CC
HDFC Millenia CC (Not sure if they’re still issuing MC variant. They did last year)
IDFC Select CC (ask them for MC specifically through insta after applying)
HDFC Millenia DC (not available in MC online, some branches got as a part of new account kit 2 years back and they can assign you if you visit the branch. Carry a cancelled cheque. Card will not have your name)
YES Prosperity Edge CC

You can visit Mastercard website to check which banks are issuing world MC variant cards. Here’s the link - https://specials.priceless.com/en-in/apply?issuerId=&productId=
Use filter to select MC world.

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For some cards you need not spend anything to get the golf benefit,for other cards there is some minimum spend criteria per month to access the golf benefits.For Pinnacle you have to spend 25k per month to get the golf benefits. For IDFC cards you have to spend 20k per month to get a golf game.
SBI Prima and SBI Elite master card doesn't have any restrictions,you can book a lesson per month with these cards.Yes First preferred mastercard also gives a lesson per month or 4 golf games.As per my knowledge Millenia doesn't have any golf benefits,don't know about the Swiggy card.

To play golf you have to carry your clubs or you can rent the clubs from the course for a fee.But,golf is a tough game,it looks simple,but it's hard to play,you will realize it when you start to play in the course.You have to take a few lessons before you start playing.For golf lessons,you don't have to pay anything,for golf game there are other fee like,caddie fee,cart fee ( If you don't want to walk),and some courses they have a cover fee (where you get some refreshments while playing).So,it's an expensive and very addictive ,but it's also a very beautiful game.

Aditya12

TF Premier
For IDFC cards you have to spend 20k per month to get a golf game.
As per my knowledge Millenia doesn't have any golf benefits,don't know about the Swiggy card.
For IDFC cards on world MC variant you don’t have to spend a penny to avail golf benefits. I use regularly.
Millenia CC and DC, and Swiggy CC all on world MC variant have golf benefits (Again, only world MC variants). I have all these 4 cards at home, all world MC variant taken especially for golf benefits.

Any card that‘s a world MC has golf benefit provided by Mastercard and not by your bank, and there’s no spend that you have to make on these cards to get golf benefits.

To play golf you have to carry your clubs or you can rent the clubs from the course for a fee.But,golf is a tough game,it looks simple,but it's hard to play,you will realize it when you start to play in the course.You have to take a few lessons before you start playing.For golf lessons,you don't have to pay anything,for golf game there are other fee like,caddie fee,cart fee ( If you don't want to walk),and some courses they have a cover fee (where you get some refreshments while playing).So,it's an expensive and very addictive ,but it's also a very beautiful game.
Very nicely explained.

nishank

TF Select
I regularly use my MC world variant cards to enjoy golf lessons.
Below are some low/mid level cards with minimal fees/LTF

HDFC Swiggy CC
HDFC Millenia CC (Not sure if they’re still issuing MC variant. They did last year)
IDFC Select CC (ask them for MC specifically through insta after applying)
HDFC Millenia DC (not available in MC online, some branches got as a part of new account kit 2 years back and they can assign you if you visit the branch. Carry a cancelled cheque. Card will not have your name)
YES Prosperity Edge CC

You can visit Mastercard website to check which banks are issuing world MC variant cards. Here’s the link - https://specials.priceless.com/en-in/apply?issuerId=&productId=
Use filter to select MC world.
Can we have 2 HDFC debit cards ?

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Mastercard is fine for golf lesson booking,but it;s not good for golf game booking.There are many restrictions for golf game booking,particularly in weeknds,where you have to give names of 2 club members that are playing with you.Even for a weekday booking they will ask the name of the club member.It's useless for weekend bookings.That's why I am not fond of Mastercards for golf booking.

Aditya12

TF Premier
Can we have 2 HDFC debit cards ?
You can’t have two HDFC DC linked to single account. But…. You can borrow someone else’s card (first 6 digits and last 4 digits) to book a golf game/lesson for yourself. They won’t tally who the card belongs to. In fact they don’t have a way to do that ;) ssshhh!!

Aditya12

TF Premier
Mastercard is fine for golf lesson booking,but it;s not good for golf game booking.There are many restrictions for golf game booking,particularly in weeknds,where you have to give names of 2 club members that are playing with you.Even for a weekday booking they will ask the name of the club member.It's useless for weekend bookings.That's why I am not fond of Mastercards for golf booking.
The other person playing with you does not have to be a club member. They either need to be a member or be paying the green fees if not a member. So for example if you’re playing with your wife, one of you can use Mastercard complementary game and the spouse can pay green fees. You can assume that the green fees is divided between you.
If you play 2-3 times a month, the calculation is still a lot cheaper than buying membership.

But once you start playing you might want to become a member, buy a set of clubs (half set costs around 18k minimum).

GopalV

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The other person playing with you does not have to be a club member. They either need to be a member or be paying the green fees if not a member. So for example if you’re playing with your wife, one of you can use Mastercard complementary game and the spouse can pay green fees. You can assume that the green fees is divided between you.
If you play 2-3 times a month, the calculation is still a lot cheaper than buying membership.

But once you start playing you might want to become a member, buy a set of clubs (half set costs around 18k minimum).
I know,that other person playing with you need not be a member.All I am saying is,it's tough to get the booking with Master card compared to other cards like,Amex or Diners.In Amex you can book withe app,and it's very easy.Diners and axis also gives the booking with one club members name on weekends.Mastercard requires 2 club members names for a weekend booking.That's just crazy.Try to book a weekend golf game with Mastercard at a popular club,you will know.