• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fix for the SBI Virtual Debit Card Error - This facility is currently not available for this account

RevEng

TF Premier
DISCLAIMER: I don't know what is the actual fix. I suspect it is the change from RURAL to ALL.

NOTE: If you don't want the auto-sweep to trigger, set the sweep threshold to very high amount.

Kept seeing the error "This facility is currently not available for this account" when trying to generate SBI Virtual Debit Card in Yono App. Escalated the issue till PNO but received no resolution other than "Visit home branch".

The account type was SBNCHQ-GEN-PUB-IND-RURAL-INR.

Enabled auto-sweep via net banking, which changed the account type to SBCHQ-SBP-GEN-PUB-IND-ALL-INR.

Then the virtual debit card got generated in Yono.

Last edited:

Humanbeing

TF Select
Hi, I am having similar issues while generating the virtual debit card via YONO app, so do I need to the same in order to get the option of generating the virtual debit card?

dvader

TF Premier
Just FYI, I didn't even enable auto sweep, Just went to the page where we ought to specify the threshold amount and resultant amount and just logged out of net banking without filling in any details or hitting the submit button. Tried the next day and I was able to generate the virtual debit card. Also, my account type was changed without submitting the autosweep request.

@RevEng Kudos for finding this out.

Note: The only drawback is it doesn't let me set/reset auto sweep again, so if someone has to actually set auto sweep they would have to visit the branch.
Note 2: It might be that the autosweep got set with default limits even though I didn't proceed with the request. The branch is just 2 km away will confirm once I have some info.

Last edited:

sri222

TF Select
I have the same issue (account type SBNCHQ-GEN-PUB-IND-RURAL-INR, This facility is currently not available error) from last 2 months. I have complained to Branch manager, he forwarded the issue to Higher authorities but till now didn't get any solution.

Today morning after this post, I went to Auto sweep page in Netbanking, read T&C's but didn't proceed further. Next came back to home page and wanted to check whether the Virtual card error was gone (I'm checking every week). Then Virtual card was generated successfully.

I was thinking, under the previous account type only, Virtual card was generated. But after your comment @dvader, I checked my account type also changed to SBCHQ-SBP-GEN-PUB-IND-ALL-INR. Now under Auto sweep option, error showing as 'There is no transactional account available with your username which can be converted into SB plus'.

@dvader Please update, if you get info about any default limits were set even without Auto sweep request. Thanks to @RevEng.

Last edited:

dvader

TF Premier
I have the same issue (account type SBNCHQ-GEN-PUB-IND-RURAL-INR, This facility is currently not available error) from last 2 months. I have complained to Branch manager, he forwarded the issue to Higher authorities but till now didn't get any solution.

Today morning after this post, I went to Auto sweep page in Netbanking, read T&C's but didn't proceed further. Next came back to home page and wanted to check whether the Virtual card error was gone (I'm checking every week). Then Virtual card was generated successfully.

I was thinking, under the previous account type only, Virtual card was generated. But after your comment @dvader, I checked my account type also changed to SBCHQ-SBP-GEN-PUB-IND-ALL-INR. Now under Auto sweep option, error showing as 'There is no transactional account available with your username which can be converted into SB plus'.

@dvader Please update, if you get info about any default limits were set even without Auto sweep request. Thanks to @RevEng.
Yes, I have the same error and it's expected, you can not make changes to auto sweep on net banking after the first time (this was also mentioned in bold on the autosweep page when you reach the threshold page, also confirmed with the bank guy). I am 99.9 percent sure that autosweep is set with a threshold of 25000 and a resultant balance of 15000. However, even if it is set, it doesn't matter the balance is swept in if you make a transaction and the balance needs to be pulled from FDs. As far as we are concerned it shouldn't matter much. At least it's not worth standing 2 hours in the line to get this think rolled back.

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
DISCLAIMER: I don't know what is the actual fix. I suspect it is the change from RURAL to ALL.

NOTE: If you don't want the auto-sweep to trigger, set the sweep threshold to very high amount.

Kept seeing the error "This facility is currently not available for this account" when trying to generate SBI Virtual Debit Card in Yono App. Escalated the issue till PNO but received no resolution other than "Visit home branch".

The account type was SBNCHQ-GEN-PUB-IND-RURAL-INR.

Enabled auto-sweep via net banking, which changed the account type to SBCHQ-SBP-GEN-PUB-IND-ALL-INR.

Then the virtual debit card got generated in Yono.
I generated virtual dc in sbi yono but only written rupay. I don't know it is rupay platinum or not. I needed rupay platinum