• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Filing case against Axis Bank in Consumer court

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'll dive straight into the core details of my situation:

On September 16, 2023, I reached out to the premium experience service to clarify whether I should wait to open a burgundy account (AQB) or proceed with opening one to seek an upgrade. The response from the premium experience was to wait for notification before opening the account.

On September 28, 2023, my current relationship manager (RM) shared the terms and conditions of the Axis MB and advised me to open the account, assuring me that my card would be upgraded.

On September 29, 2023, I emailed the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) seeking confirmation regarding the communication from my RM.

On October 12, 2023, I proceeded to open the account with the bank for the card upgrade from Magnus to Magnus for Burgundy, with assurance from my RM that the upgrade would be processed. The initial cheque was for Rs. 10 Lac. The same or more balance has been maintained since that day in the Burgundy account.

On October 21, 2023, the PNO confirmed that maintaining the AQB was the criteria for the upgrade and requested my RM details.

On November 16, 2023, when I raised the issue with my RM and received no response, I emailed seeking clarity and confirmation and expressed my intention to file a complaint with the RBI.

On November 19, 2023, I filed a complaint with the RBI due to a lack of assistance and response from Axis and its representatives.

On December 21, 2023, my RM from the official email confirmed that if I continued maintaining the required balance, my card would be upgraded by January 18, 2024.

On January 24, 2024, I was denied the card despite meeting the criteria, with the explanation that I didn't meet the requirements.

Currently, the RBI has not provided a final verdict. The PNO has denied the card. The branch and its employees have not taken responsibility for their misleading communication and commitment. The premium experience service has not been helpful. The National Consumer Helpline suggests resorting to the consumer court. The Escalation Desk in Noida states that I can apply for the upgrade but only with a paid version.

My account was opened on October 19, 2023.

I would greatly appreciate any practical advice or insights you may offer. I am considering filing a case to claim damages for the distress caused to my peace of mind, resulting in mental anguish and wasted time.

Last edited: