• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Error Registering Virgin Atlantic Flying Club with Amex

hbajaj052

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
CA
Hi
I am unable to register my virgin atlantic flying club membership with amex rewards to transfer my points to miles, it goes to pending and then gives an error asking me to contact virgin atlantic.
Spoke with both amex and VA on call, VA suggested to drop an email, which I have done but wanted to know if anyone has faced this issue earlier and has a faster resolution for the same.
PS: Both the account holder and club account is in the same name.

Earliest response and any suggestions are invited.
@TechnoFino

Lower232

TF Neo
Hi, i wondered if you had manage to resolve this issue. It has been ongoing with me for over 3 months with Amex and Virgin passing me back and forward.

hbajaj052

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
CA
Hi, i wondered if you had manage to resolve this issue. It has been ongoing with me for over 3 months with Amex and Virgin passing me back and forward.
Yes I had managed to get it done.
The problem was from amex end.
While mailing virgin I CC'ed Amex and vice versa
Also raised concern on twitter
It took 2-3 weeks for the same to get resolved.
Over the call I had asked them to set a deadline for providing resolution and alternate way to get my points in Virgin atlantic via marriott bonvoy and had asked them to compensate me for the loss due to having to do it via bonvoy.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Yes I had managed to get it done.
The problem was from amex end.
While mailing virgin I CC'ed Amex and vice versa
Also raised concern on twitter
It took 2-3 weeks for the same to get resolved.
Over the call I had asked them to set a deadline for providing resolution and alternate way to get my points in Virgin atlantic via marriott bonvoy and had asked them to compensate me for the loss due to having to do it via bonvoy.
hope u did MB conversion before oct 31st so that 30% extra MRs u got as MB points

anish_

TF Buzz
Also managed to resolve this by escalating with Amex. Double check the email ID on your Amex and VA account is the same.

indiatraveller

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I faced the same situation. Managed to link the accounts on my platinum charge card via a call to cardmember services, but needed to transfer to bonvoy and then to VA for my plat travel as points were needed urgently and I didn't have time for an escalation.