• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Dramas around AXIS Magnus Burgundy so far..

insight

TF Ace
So, given the forum threads I figured it was simple process that I can call local Burg folks and they will push it.

Given that I was bed ridden last few years and still have daily Medical dramas of around 5-8 hours I had NEAR ZERO RECENT EXPERIENCE with INDIAN BANKING DRAMAS.

The last I encountered them were NRE/ NRO accounts and that is a whole another story.
2) I used to have old NRE/ NRO accounts that were zeroed and closed or at least initiated closure from my end many times and not sure what happened in their back offices between it going dormant/ inactive.
From: https://www.technofino.in/community...zapp-vs-old-inactive-hdfc-cust-profile.20470/

Spoke to RM during the Burg conversion process 1-2 months back.

As I spoke to Burg person at branch I was told to just call Phone CC dept and ask them as was process.

Around 19th Nov, just post Diwali and pre their original Nov End deadline for MB,
they introduced some APP based process with some popup so instead of accepting these call for conversion, this new way.

The FUp is that this was Technical Mess up that did not work, or showed up in App largely due to lack of "end to end" integrated ability to gauge True Burg rules etc.

So I had to call CC & Burg head back, ask them to escalate, also asked them for a copy of OGS.

Figured waiting for their actions next day would again mean my hours of daily medicals would occupy me next day.

So I sent a summary of the above to Premium Exp and MD Desk and shared the local Burg Branch contacts/ copied them.

The drama from then on of numerous SR tickets messages/ emails and which is what was confusing the hell out of me.

Plus follow up calls with branch folks.

After a whole bunch making me wait at almost midnight the Escalation Response folks write to me to "please just call CC phone desk".

I was livid, as the email did not acknowledge or address any aspect of all the CONTEXT. what I has been sharing with them.

And upon calling I was told that they had UNDONE the App process pretty much shortly after I had reached out to them.

Whats astonishing is all these days that I was waiting for their MD Desk response no such intimation was made to Branch staff or Me by Axis.

What a Cluster F of an enterprise mess. Makes me wonder.

Again, my both CC & DC Visa cards were converted to MC, which adds some drama in some apps.

Yup, that's the normal modus operandi of Axis bank.
The most unethical bank out there.
I'm yet to come across a bank as unethical as Axis.
Absolute zero credibility and integrity among themselves and with the customers.
PSUs have better respect in my eyes as compared to Axis.

Lately, I have started appreciating banks that deny something as soon as the request is made, on factual grounds or deny because they just deny to everyone, without going into an endless loop of making a customer feel like a beggar.

The truth is that if we are availing a premium or super premium CC, at the end of the day, we can pay the annual fee of any credit card out there. Therefore, we can pay MB's fee as well. But if you are marketing something as LTF and better conversion ratio, then remain ethical while provisioning the same to the customers.

Good that you vented out the frustration.

If your stance is correct and you qualify, then can give RBI bamboo to Axis as the last resort.

More points drama clarification : Once you get upgraded to Magnus Burgundy a part of existing edge reward points get converted to Magnus Burgundy points (my assumption is the part gets decided based on which points have been earned using Magnus credit card and edge reward points is overall sum total of Magnus Burgundy points + rest points e.g. debit card , other axis credit cards , netbanking points etc ) e.g. if you had 50k edge reward points you may still see 50 k edge reward point but also 20k magus burgundy points after upgrade , axis gave this flexibility so the magnus burgundy points can be redeemed either ways , for vouchers or for miles transfer , though it would not be wise to redeem them for vouchers. Good part is the existing magnus points start giving 5:4

So I traveled for medical treatments after a break and the

Mag Burgundy MC CC wouldnt approve/ scan at BOM Domestic T1. They wanted me to activate International Merchant POS for it to scan or Swipe.

Return at 080 BLR would not even Tap Scan. I had to Swipe and hope to recall the Pin.

Did not face this with previous Magnus Visa CC.

What am I missing?

Back