• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does the account variant of ICICI Bank matter for Credit Limit Enhancement ?

AsB

TF Ace
I have a salary account with ICICI Bank since 2020. And I got my first Card (Amazon Pay ICICI) in 2021.
However, the Card that I got from ICICI bank with limit of Rs 2,00,000/- was not enhanced even once in these 2+ years. In the meantime, my account was upgraded to Privilege Account.

But, I want to transfer that money to a Liquid Fund, outside of ICICI Bank. So, there is a possibility that my account will be downgraded. So, will it affect any Limit Enhancement offer in the future? Meaning, will I still get Limit Enhancement offers, and will the amount of Limit be affected ?

I have a salary account with ICICI Bank since 2020. And I got my first Card (Amazon Pay ICICI) in 2021.
However, the Card that I got from ICICI bank with limit of Rs 2,00,000/- was not enhanced even once in these 2+ years. In the meantime, my account was upgraded to Privilege Account.

But, I want to transfer that money to a Liquid Fund, outside of ICICI Bank. So, there is a possibility that my account will be downgraded. So, will it affect any Limit Enhancement offer in the future? Meaning, will I still get Limit Enhancement offers, and will the amount of Limit be affected ?
No, it shouldn't affect ideally. Bank accounts can just be used to get cards LTF(just a point for negotiation). Otherwise no relation between account and CC

aayusharyan

TF Ace

no, it will not affect that. The Privilege is based on the Credit Limit of the CC, so even if you move your balance out of ICICI, it should be okay, just check your MAB condition. Other than that it's fine. Regarding Auto LE offers, I am not sure, in my experience of holding these cards for like 3 years now, I have received LE once a year max.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So, there is a possibility that my account will be downgraded. So, will it affect any Limit Enhancement offer in the future? Meaning, will I still get Limit Enhancement offers, and will the amount of Limit be affected ?

SImple answer is NO. as everyone mentioned above. I will add a couple of points to consider in general and also applies to ICICI as well..

CL and LE depends up on:

1) your existing CC spends and repayment
2)obviously your income.
3)Other Credit products , like different kinds of loans and their repayment history....

Very rarely Deposit accounts come into the picture ...

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Very rarely Deposit accounts come into the picture
To add to this, they do (New CC offering they do, so based on that, assuming LE as well, or maybe not, YMMW).
I know a family member who had to get a pretty big incoming txn to his Savings account. Bank offered LTF Sapphiro offer next day in iMobile.