• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does applying for multiple credit cards affect score?

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I already have three credit cards but these are no good to me so started apply few new cards. After applying I noticed 'a query' made by HDFC in my cibil report appreed so does this query or getting new cards approved affect my CIBIL score?

Also, I applied for HDFC card online they made query to my CIBIL score and did not hear anything from them. What does that mean?

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Since my area wasn't serviceable, I asked them to remove my enquiry and they did.
mail was sent to pno@aubank.in. cc'd creditcard.support@aubank.in.

There were no updates from them. After 1 week, i sent a reminder mail cc'ing head.creditcard@aubank.in
Okay thank you. I'll try this.

Since my area wasn't serviceable, I asked them to remove my enquiry and they did.
mail was sent to pno@aubank.in. cc'd creditcard.support@aubank.in.

There were no updates from them. After 1 week, i sent a reminder mail cc'ing head.creditcard@aubank.in
One question. Did you get an application number? Because of my non-serviceable area I did not get an application number. Now they're asking for the application number!

Last edited by a moderator:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Okay thank you. I'll try this.

One question. Did you get an application number? Because of my non-serviceable area I did not get an application number. Now they're asking for the application number!
No. I didn't have any application number. I provided them my PAN number.

SunnyM

TF Premier
I lost around 9 points this month from my cibil because I took 3 credit cards(3 hard enquiries).
Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-20-03-59_c045579b1cb8a1660c0dc95ce651bac5.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-26-21-42-04-53_c045579b1cb8a1660c0dc95ce651bac5.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-26-21-42-04-53_c045579b1cb8a1660c0dc95ce651bac5.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 18

windows10

TF Buzz
I have applied 5-6 different cards in last February & March alone.
Each of them was approved with minimum limit of 2,00,000 up to 9,00,000, last being Eterna which I received today with a 2,00,000 Limit.
So i don't think it matters because if you see the impact of enquiries being made in to the Cibil (Hard/Soft) is low, not even medium.
Because applying Credit Card doesn't necessarily mean that you are Credit hungry unless you are using them all at 100%.
Yes, I do agree multiple Credit Card enquiries/application may affect Cibil Score by 5-10 Points by max but that will be recovered within 1 month.
For my case my score came down from 793 to 790 & again this month it went up to 791.

I have a Credit Utilization ratio of less than 2% & depth of Credit History is more than 10 years.
Therefore I believe the Key to keep Cibil always up is 3 things, i.e. Timely Repayment, Timely Repayment & Timely Repayment.
Fully agree with ur points i also applied for cards from banks link yes, indusind, sbi, axis, & idfc in august 2022. of them only idfc got rejected after showing approved limit of 113000 ( will ask for reconsideration) My cibil only went down by 2 points, 775 to 773