• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Discussion regarding personal loan for self employed person

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello @everyone,

Few months ago i got pre approved offer from Axis Bank for personal loan at interest of 13% & processing fee waive off, no hidden charges. I was curious as i am not salaried person and still receiving this offer. Few years ago got similar loan using CRED at 12% interest rate. But many banks dont even take personal loan application for self employed person, instead they direct this to business loan dept where interest rate is much higher.

I am creating this thread to discuss the topic of getting cheaper personal loans for self employed / business peoples. You can share your experience getting PL directly from branch so that this will be beneficial to all.

amit90

TF Premier
Sbi also offers personal loan at cheap interest rate.. if you have pre approved offer you may contact Branch Manager or SBI customer care for interest rate query.. Last month I visited SBI branch and enquired to BM about pre approved offer showing in my YONO app only for knowledge. BM said that interest rate will be 11.55 % & processing fees will be waived off due to festive season. He also elaborated about installments amount for different tenure. Offer was attractive but I didn't take the loan as I don't have much spends right now.

Last edited:

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I'm in search of a loan, but I've already reached my limit with banks, despite having a CIBIL score of 803. I'm comfortable with interest rates of up to 12%, and I'm looking for options that offer a repayment structure similar to what banks provide. Can you provide any recommendations or pointers on where I can obtain such a loan?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I'm in search of a loan, but I've already reached my limit with banks, despite having a CIBIL score of 803. I'm comfortable with interest rates of up to 12%, and I'm looking for options that offer a repayment structure similar to what banks provide. Can you provide any recommendations or pointers on where I can obtain such a loan?
Loan amount & card portfolio!

zenchill

TF Select
SBI is always offering me personal loans just few months after having their credit card. No accounts with them. All banks offer them including Indusind, AU, ICICI, HDFC etc.
That's where I'm stuck. 5 year old card, good cibil, low credit utilisation, all timely payments. No encash offers ever in 5 years. I don't know what may be the reason. Write to their customer care. They just say no offer currently in your account which I know already. Thinking of writing to nodal officer but would that help? I don't know. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome