• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Different Credit Score on Different Apps - OneScore and PaisaBazaar

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Hey guys, been tracking my credit score on OneScore until 3 months ago, suddenly came across Paisabazaar and logged in to check any "Pre-approved" CC offers. As a result, I got access to the credit reports - CIBIL, Experian, CRIF and Highmark, which is great because I only had CIBIL and Experian on OneScore.

However, the refresh dates on PB and OneScore are 15-16 days apart.

And the credit scores - Experian and CIBIL, are quite different on the 2.

There was always a mismatch of a few points, which I thought is probably the difference caused by a few days. But now it's gotten rather large.

My scores on OneScore now are:
CIBIL: 755 - Updated today | Up 3 points from 752 last month
Experian: 861 - Updated 16 days ago | Up 32 points from 829 from the last month!

Whereas PB are:
CIBIL: 768 - Updated on 5th April | Up 15 points from 753 on March 5th!
Experian: 837 - Updated on 26th April | Up 9 points from 828 on 26th March

- Which one should I trust?
I was assuming PB, since when they update Experian, I also receive an email from Experian with the report, and it's accurate as per the PB score.

The thing is I expected my CIBIL and Experian to be higher now a lot since I've limited utilization % to under 30%, whereas I was using 80-90% earlier (When I wasn't aware of the metric and thought the more I spent ad repaid on time the more the banks will trust me)

On top of this, I got a "pre-approved" offer for the SaveMax CC from BankBazaar and RBL earlier this month when I checked my score there (I know, not a good idea) and then started getting spammed by CC agents, on of which I picked up, and was told that I was pre-approved, and asked if I want to apply. I thought no harm, so I agreed. Then the agent checked and told me the application is already submitted. Shocked again!

The best part, it's been 26 days since, and I've received no further communication from RBL or Bankbazaar. AND, I have a Cibil Enquiry on that day when I got the call.

- I wanted to apply for the RBL LazyPay card (Just for fun, since it looks kinda cool) But I don't think I should proceed till this one is resolved, correct?

Google pay, Amzaon and Freecharge all use CIBIL and all then match

Cred used crif

Paytm used experian

Samsung pay uses Pisabazaar.

Looking at all of them I trust cibil score from gpay, amazon and Freecharge since they all match.

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Google pay, Amzaon and Freecharge all use CIBIL and all then match

Cred used crif

Paytm used experian

Samsung pay uses Pisabazaar.

Looking at all of them I trust cibil score from gpay, amazon and Freecharge since they all match.

Ok so I checked on GPay and CIBIL matches the OneScore score, that's 755 😓
Was so excited that I was going to cross 770 and apply for nicer cards - Currently only SBI SimplyClick and OneCard 😅