• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Different card showing during physical KYC

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
I had applied for SBI Club Vistara card for my father few days back through Sprint. Got a call for uploading ITR and Bank Statement today. After that an agent was immediately sent to my address for KYC (within 2 hours). However on the agent's phone, the card was showing as SBI Natures Basket Elite Card; agent told me that I can change the card during verification call so I went ahead with it. Has anyone been able to change card variant during verification call ?
My reason for concern

5 months back my father had applied for Cashback Card through Yono, Got a text msg with appliacation number that Cashback card is applied, KYC took place in next few days at his office but nothing happened for 2 months so I complained till PNO and CS Head and then within 2-3 days received a message that the application for SBI Pulse Card was approved (On same Application no. for which he had applied Cashback). Later when he got his application form on e-mail, I could see that his signatures were forged on the form and pulse was applied. We went to the bank, filed formal complaint, but unfortunately nothing happened and he had closed the card without activating it.
Now looks like similar thing is going to take place, however this time I have applied his card from my own phone number so that if any verification call comes, I myself talk to them and only if I am getting the required card, I will proceed.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had applied for SBI Club Vistara card for my father few days back through Sprint. Got a call for uploading ITR and Bank Statement today. After that an agent was immediately sent to my address for KYC (within 2 hours). However on the agent's phone, the card was showing as SBI Natures Basket Elite Card; agent told me that I can change the card during verification call so I went ahead with it. Has anyone been able to change card variant during verification call ?
My reason for concern

5 months back my father had applied for Cashback Card through Yono, Got a text msg with appliacation number that Cashback card is applied, KYC took place in next few days at his office but nothing happened for 2 months so I complained till PNO and CS Head and then within 2-3 days received a message that the application for SBI Pulse Card was approved (On same Application no. for which he had applied Cashback). Later when he got his application form on e-mail, I could see that his signatures were forged on the form and pulse was applied. We went to the bank, filed formal complaint, but unfortunately nothing happened and he had closed the card without activating it.
Now looks like similar thing is going to take place, however this time I have applied his card from my own phone number so that if any verification call comes, I myself talk to them and only if I am getting the required card, I will proceed.
Did you get the SBI Vistara Card?

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
yeah. sab ke sab fraud h sbi me. oi applied for Vistara and got pulse now I'm fighting for LE and card swap, last month they rejected it, but this week I raised a closure request and I was able to swap it with air india platinum with a joining fee reversal because swapping to Vistara is not possible even if the joining fee is the same for a pulse, Vistara and Air India (1499 + gs). Sab useless h even upto pno and customer relation officers. sab automated response dete h.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nahi Bhai, sab ke sab fraud hain udhar sbi mei. The lady who called somehow applied Nature's basket elite card, person who came for kyc also had same nature's basket elite. We did the kyc in the hope ki it must be some internal error.. uske baad koi update hi nhi aayi, hence left that way..
I can understand, going through so much hassle for just a card and not getting the desired variant is such a feeling of being cheated. When I applied for SBI Club Vistara Prime Card through sprint, I always felt what if they change my card variant on their own, but they didn't. In all messages, calls and KYC's Vistara Prime was mentioned, still I only believed them when I received a card saying Vistara Prime. For my other SBI cards and Vistara Card, all my signatures were forged but in the end I did get the card I applied for.

My suggestion in this case would be to apply from Vistara website by Clicking Here. Scroll down till Joining Fees and Renewal Fees section and you will find various options to apply for the card.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
yeah. sab ke sab fraud h sbi me. oi applied for Vistara and got pulse now I'm fighting for LE and card swap, last month they rejected it, but this week I raised a closure request and I was able to swap it with air india platinum with a joining fee reversal because swapping to Vistara is not possible even if the joining fee is the same for a pulse, Vistara and Air India (1499 + gs). Sab useless h even upto pno and customer relation officers. sab automated response dete h.
For the card variant issue, nothing can be done. If your CIBIL remains to be good and you keep using your card for very small transactions, I am sure within six months you will receive a pre-approved Credit Limit Increase and Card Upgrade offer (which mostly is ELITE or PRIME). Keep checking the EMI and More option in SBI Card App.

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
I can understand, going through so much hassle for just a card and not getting the desired variant is such a feeling of being cheated. When I applied for SBI Club Vistara Prime Card through sprint, I always felt what if they change my card variant on their own, but they didn't. In all messages, calls and KYC's Vistara Prime was mentioned, still I only believed them when I received a card saying Vistara Prime. For my other SBI cards and Vistara Card, all my signatures were forged but in the end I did get the card I applied for.

My suggestion in this case would be to apply from Vistara website by Clicking Here. Scroll down till Joining Fees and Renewal Fees section and you will find various options to apply for the card.
Naah Bro.. My father won't fall for it again. And I am also not going to fall for SBI Cards. Bhaad mei jaaye 10% sale discount on Amazon and Flipkart..

LJGIBBS

TF Ace

Kar diya Vistara Prime fomo mei aakar.. Ho gya verification bc.. Ab alag fatt rhi ki Amazon ka 10% off hoga toh wo BC cv points credit kar ke equal value INR statement mei add kar denge. Kitne logo ko discount + cv points dono mila tha. Aur baad mei sbi walo ne cv points ke equivalent INR statement mei add kar diye

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kar diya Vistara Prime fomo mei aakar.. Ho gya verification bc.. Ab alag fatt rhi ki Amazon ka 10% off hoga toh wo BC cv points credit kar ke equal value INR statement mei add kar denge. Kitne logo ko discount + cv points dono mila tha. Aur baad mei sbi walo ne cv points ke equivalent INR statement mei add kar diye
SBI added the reward equivalent amount in statement only for those who redeemed the points, in case of CV Cards they will add it in statement only if they have already transferred the points in CV account. But I feel now they must have solved this glitch and this dual rewards credit won't even happen in the first place. So either we'll get the 10x points or the base points of the card.

BTW, did you apply for the card?

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
SBI added the reward equivalent amount in statement only for those who redeemed the points, in case of CV Cards they will add it in statement only if they have already transferred the points in CV account. But I feel now they must have solved this glitch and this dual rewards credit won't even happen in the first place. So either we'll get the 10x points or the base points of the card.

BTW, did you apply for the card?
Yup bro.. Got the verification call from Noida just now. In the e-sign doc, my mother's name was written wrong, so when someone from Kolkata called me, I mentioned it and he told me to say the wrong name to verification call from Noida.
But the biggest shock for me was, in the verification call from Noida, he asked my mother name, then father name (let's say x), then residence and job details, and then he asked me did i know anyone named 'x'. I told him he is my father, then he goes on to ask me whats the mother's name of x (asking my grandmother's name, lol).. When I applied for my father's card, I had also applied an add on card and did kyc for that. I don't know if they have found that this is the same person who they had previously tried to cheat and will that create problems in final approval.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yup bro.. Got the verification call from Noida just now. In the e-sign doc, my mother's name was written wrong, so when someone from Kolkata called me, I mentioned it and he told me to say the wrong name to verification call from Noida.
But the biggest shock for me was, in the verification call from Noida, he asked my mother name, then father name (let's say x), then residence and job details, and then he asked me did i know anyone named 'x'. I told him he is my father, then he goes on to ask me whats the mother's name of x (asking my grandmother's name, lol).. When I applied for my father's card, I had also applied an add on card and did kyc for that. I don't know if they have found that this is the same person who they had previously tried to cheat and will that create problems in final approval.
From what I understand, you applied for add on card along with primary card application. IMO you shouldn't have done this as you can apply for add on later but if we add multiple steps during card application then final approval gets affected and delayed.

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
From what I understand, you applied for add on card along with primary card application. IMO you shouldn't have done this as you can apply for add on later but if we add multiple steps during card application then final approval gets affected and delayed.
When I applied for my father's card, at that time I had applied for an add on card and did the kyc. But no call came for my father's card.. Now when I have applied for mine, perhaps in their system it would be showing that I previously did kyc for add on card.

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
Congratulations bro🎊 Finally you did receive the SBI CV Card after such an amount of inconvenience. Which card have you applied for though? Prime or Base?
Thanks bro. I have selected prime card.. I was simply following the Sigma rule "f*ck around to find out.. Got a promotial mail, applied, call came saying no docs required and everything done in 2 days.. Although I had initially applied for simply click, but during verification told vistara and got that.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks bro. I have selected prime card.. I was simply following the Sigma rule "f*ck around to find out.. Got a promotial mail, applied, call came saying no docs required and everything done in 2 days.. Although I had initially applied for simply click, but during verification told vistara and got that.
Awesome! Just do not forget to spend 75K in the first 90 Days for the Bonus CV Points!✨️