• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas DCC issue with Pinelabs POS

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
A few days back, a friend was trying to pay at a Taj Property at Hyderabad using Atlas CC. The hotel uses Pinelabs POS. When he was trying to make the payment, it was showing the price in AED, which was surprising. Meanwhile, there was no such thing faced when using SBI or Amex cards on the same POS. Has anyone else faced the same issue with Axis cards on Pinelabs POS?

tn_72

TF Select
My atlas never worked on any pinelabs machine until now
I too faced the same issue. Ace and Privilege chip card were working fine with the same pinelabs POS machine, but not Altas. I initially thought the issue was only with a particular merchant pinelab POS machine. But later when i tried different merchant pinelab POS, i found that card got declined while using insert chip option. However, i later found that "Tap and Pay" option works with all pinelab POS, may be try "tap and Pay" :)

tn_72

TF Select
D
A few days back, a friend was trying to pay at a Taj Property at Hyderabad using Atlas CC. The hotel uses Pinelabs POS. When he was trying to make the payment, it was showing the price in AED, which was surprising. Meanwhile, there was no such thing faced when using SBI or Amex cards on the same POS. Has anyone else faced the same issue with Axis cards on Pinelabs POS?
@Walter White Do you know the first six bin no of your friends credit card. I have Altas credit card and mine starts with 480038. This bin number cards are issued long ago by First Gulf Bank Pjsc, UAE. The database that pinelab POS connects might be an outdated one which recognizes the old bin and hence might have asked you for payment in AED. However, the SBI and Amex POS might be identifying the correct issuer bank

Rithin

TF Buzz
I too faced the same issue. Ace and Privilege chip card were working fine with the same pinelabs POS machine, but not Altas. I initially thought the issue was only with a particular merchant pinelab POS machine. But later when i tried different merchant pinelab POS, i found that card got declined while using insert chip option. However, i later found that "Tap and Pay" option works with all pinelab POS, may be try "tap and Pay" :)
Oh wow. Thanks for letting me know :)

Also BTW, do you happen to know the reason behind this, logically I can’t think of any possible reason why the issue is only persistent with pine labs ??

tn_72

TF Select
Oh wow. Thanks for letting me know :)

Also BTW, do you happen to know the reason behind this, logically I can’t think of any possible reason why the issue is only persistent with pine labs ??
I called customer care 2 months ago and they said chip might be damaged. They asked if they can send a replacement card. But card works with some machines and not in others. If chip is damaged, card should not work at all. Even swiping the card would be of no use as i have tried it. The issue is also there with the old ICICI bank machines. But there are very few pine labs machine were Atlas card works fine, so issue should be with the POS machines. But in general, "Tap and Pay" works with all pine labs machine that i have tried, so i am okay with it.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.