• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia DCB lifetime free vs Infinia paid

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have been hdfc preferred customer since last 10 years with my salary account there.

I have never used any credit card ever. So hearing all buzz about Magnus & Infinia, thought of checking on hdfc pre-approved card offers.

To my surprise i saw this :
IMG_20230418_184927.png

Looks like I have all these cards pre-approved for me (with no credit history and cibil as NH).
  1. Infinia metal
  2. Diners club black
  3. Regalia gold
  4. Indigo hdfc card
Also I am from IIT so I maybe eligible for lifetime free Diners club black as well under alumni offer.

So assuming I get DCB as ltf (alumni offer) and paid Infinia as pre-approved, what should be my choice.

Also my wife is also from IIT and she is not a hdfc customer, but she may also get DCB as ltf under alumni offer.

My expenses would be hardly 3L in a year (excluding rent)

Last edited:

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For most of the folks getting magnus is relatively easier than getting an infinia but for me it's vice versa. I can get a pre-approved Infinia but getting a magnus now seems a very daunting task. It seems like long road to get a magnus.

I have even opened Amazon pay later and Flipkart pay later account just to get some cibil score as I couldn't get even a basic card.

The aim is build some cibil score then get a magnus. Anyone has any experience building a cibil score using these paylater programs ?

How much time it takes for cibil to show some score from NH ?
You dont need to take this amazon pay later or flipkart pay later take some fd based secured card it better helps to build better cibil score as per my opinion as these blpl products sometimes ruins your cibil score…

LT1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Please dont take these pay later products. If you are not getting Magnus now, go ahead and take the Infinia now and decide after a year.

How much time it takes for cibil to show some score from NH ?
I'm in the same boat. started my CC journey last December. I didn't realise my Cibil was NH. I assumed score would be good since I hadn't availed any Credit product till then.
I started getting multiple rejections inspite of 20L annual income.
Finally got Amazon Pay cc and IndusInd Legend cc in Jan with same NH cibil/experian score.
Till date the score is NH. I heard it takes atleast 6 months after you get a credit product for the score to get generated.

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm in the same boat. started my CC journey last December. I didn't realise my Cibil was NH. I assumed score would be good since I hadn't availed any Credit product till then.
I started getting multiple rejections inspite of 20L annual income.
Finally got Amazon Pay cc and IndusInd Legend cc in Jan with same NH cibil/experian score.
Till date the score is NH. I heard it takes atleast 6 months after you get a credit product for the score to get generated.
Ohh that's a bummer. 6 months is quite a long time.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My recommendation is to get the Infinia and build your credit history with it, as it's hard to get and you may never be able to get it afterwards if you change your mind. DCB LTF is tempting but it's also extremely easy to get, and remember that Infinia pays back for itself with equivalent reward points. Infinia also has more lax earning limits on Smartbuy.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
First CC and that too preapproved infinia 😮 that's all I could read. Bro i have over a decade of credit history (with HDFC too) LTF DCB alumni offer, HDFC preferred salary account. Still I haven't received infinia preapproved. People will kill for that card usually.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
First CC and that too preapproved infinia 😮 that's all I could read. Bro i have over a decade of credit history (with HDFC too) LTF DCB alumni offer, HDFC preferred salary account. Still I haven't received infinia preapproved. People will kill for that card usually.
Because he’s new to Credit products and credit cards he might be thinking of spending lots on yearly fees. When we’ve options we think and when we don’t have options we try to get. But in @faltooAdmi case it’s good to see top most cards offered as pre approved offer.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Because he’s new to Credit products and credit cards he might be thinking of spending lots on yearly fees. When we’ve options we think and when we don’t have options we try to get. But in @faltooAdmi case it’s good to see top most cards offered as pre approved offer.
I am surprised first card and that too infinia, just wondering his NRV with HDFC to get that

sinew

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Axis is rejecting my online application even for their beginner myZone (mostly due to my NH cibil).

While hdfc is issuing me pre-approved Infinia so definitely something might be good about my history (not necessarily with cibil).

Would getting this ltf DCB/ Infinia increase my chance to get a magnus.

Even my wife is in same situation (both of us have NH cibil)... Her gross is nearly 30L (IIT & IIM), axis even rejected her online application upfront for magnus. So we got her an amazon icici card (she has salary account in icici).

How can either me/my wife get a magnus? We need it before it gets devalued further. Your guidance will be really helpful. Can you help us out. I have seen you helping out some members to get their magnus @Alwàys_Bélîevé_Yøursélf🎯
Regarding your wife, if her gross salary is 30L. Ask ICICI to give Rubyx/Sapphiro LTF. Ask them for a high credit limit, they generally do that if you have a salary account and ICICI has a relationship with the company. That should help the credit score

manojkr

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Axis is rejecting my online application even for their beginner myZone (mostly due to my NH cibil).

While hdfc is issuing me pre-approved Infinia so definitely something might be good about my history (not necessarily with cibil).

Would getting this ltf DCB/ Infinia increase my chance to get a magnus.

Even my wife is in same situation (both of us have NH cibil)... Her gross is nearly 30L (IIT & IIM), axis even rejected her online application upfront for magnus. So we got her an amazon icici card (she has salary account in icici).

How can either me/my wife get a magnus? We need it before it gets devalued further. Your guidance will be really helpful. Can you help us out. I have seen you helping out some members to get their magnus @Alwàys_Bélîevé_Yøursélf🎯
It's surprising that 30L salary folks are getting rejected for Magnus. Did your wife apply online?

Would be better off to visit branch, share payslips/ITR and apply offline for Magnus. It shouldn't be a problem. LTF DCB also should be easily available for her under alumni program. I would recommend to visit branch to apply LTF DCB although online application is fairly easy nowadays.

Only thing I can think of is that if you and your wife don't have Last Name in Fulll name. HDFC kept rejecting my wife's pre approved credit card application until she got surname added.

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's surprising that 30L salary folks are getting rejected for Magnus. Did your wife apply online?

Would be better off to visit branch, share payslips/ITR and apply offline for Magnus. It shouldn't be a problem. LTF DCB also should be easily available for her under alumni program. I would recommend to visit branch to apply LTF DCB although online application is fairly easy nowadays.

Only thing I can think of is that if you and your wife don't have Last Name in Fulll name. HDFC kept rejecting my wife's pre approved credit card application until she got surname added.
My wife also got ltf DCB from alumni offer. But her Magnus application got rejected twice (again as her credit score was same as mine 'NH') as she also has never used any credit cards/loans.

manojkr

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My wife also got ltf DCB from alumni offer. But her Magnus application got rejected twice (again as her credit score was same as mine 'NH') as she also has never used any credit cards/loans.
Ah so "NH" is another criteria to look for.

Good that you hold cc now, status should reflect in another few months.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Looks like I have all these cards pre-approved for me (with no credit history and cibil as NH).
Hi, @faltooAdmi , can you please clear some doubts.
- Did you apply DCB LTF form this online portal or through offline via Bank agent? If online, how you submit your institute degree with them?
- Are you sure if card is shown as pre - approved on this portal, the process is smooth without any hassle and without income proof? Asking because this is not netbanking offer and I think this portal actually suggest card based on the income you enter.
- Also did you get 1500 Amazon voucher as well after doing first transaction if applied online?