• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia DCB lifetime free vs Infinia paid

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have been hdfc preferred customer since last 10 years with my salary account there.

I have never used any credit card ever. So hearing all buzz about Magnus & Infinia, thought of checking on hdfc pre-approved card offers.

To my surprise i saw this :
IMG_20230418_184927.png

Looks like I have all these cards pre-approved for me (with no credit history and cibil as NH).
  1. Infinia metal
  2. Diners club black
  3. Regalia gold
  4. Indigo hdfc card
Also I am from IIT so I maybe eligible for lifetime free Diners club black as well under alumni offer.

So assuming I get DCB as ltf (alumni offer) and paid Infinia as pre-approved, what should be my choice.

Also my wife is also from IIT and she is not a hdfc customer, but she may also get DCB as ltf under alumni offer.

My expenses would be hardly 3L in a year (excluding rent)

Last edited:

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As per my opinion take infinia if you are going to spend more, infinia have better smartbuy rewards limit but you can recover only around 6500 from 12500 plus gst around 14750 if you redeem for amazon pay vouchers so you will have to pay every year 8000-8250 from joining fee and annual fee and in case of dcb nothing as ltf so decide accordingly spend more take infinia spend less take dcb

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you don't travel a lot and stay in star properties then take LTF DCB. Because both cards' points are worthy enough only if u redeem them for flights and hotels.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi,

I have been hdfc preferred customer since last 10 years with my salary account there.

I have never used any credit card ever. So hearing all buzz about Magnus & Infinia, thought of checking on hdfc pre-approved card offers.

IMG_20230418_184927.png

Looks like I have all these cards pre-approved for me (with no credit history and cibil as NH).
  1. Infinia metal
  2. Diners club black
  3. Regalia gold
  4. Indigo hdfc card
Also I am from IIT so I maybe eligible for lifetime free Diners club black as well under alumni offer.

So assuming I get DCB as ltf (alumni offer) and paid Infinia as pre-approved, what should be my choice.

Also my wife is also from IIT and she is not a hdfc customer, but she may also get DCB as ltf under alumni offer.

My expenses would be hardly 3L (excluding rent)
Monthly expenses 3 lakhs ? Or yearly I feel it yearly but wanted to be sure

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For your spends i think DCB LTF makes more sense, rather than paying the fees for Infinia.

But if your wife also is from IIT she can get DCB as LTF and you can get an Infinia - please note you get the same amount of points as the joining fee you are paying, so effectively you are just charged the GST.

saucy

TF Ace
The way I'd look at it is would be-
LTF cards are *free* so, don't need to think twice, especially when it's a premium card.
Get LTF card for wife. You may get an add-on from her account if you wish so.

For yourself, try talking to your RM and see if you can get LTF (or do some research about Infinia ltf on this forum)
If you can recover the benefits, go ahead for Infinia.
Infinia>diners for people who can meet the spend criteria.
Diners> rest of the cards, lol.

Also, if you don't have credit card and your yearly spends are 3L, i think it'll easily cross 5-6L (we underestimate our spends a lot.)
Sir 30K per month delhi me upsc ki taiyari kar rahe normal student le lag jate hai 🤣

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My goal is to get a magnus. But I am not able to get any axis card (like Atlas, vistara and not even myZone). All are getting rejected... Maybe due to my NH score in cibil. (As I never had any loans nor used any credit card)

Let's say I get DCB ltf... How can I get a magnus ?

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My goal is to get a magnus. But I am not able to get any axis card (like Atlas, vistara and not even myZone). All are getting rejected... Maybe due to my NH score in cibil. (As I never had any loans nor used any credit card)

Let's say I get DCB ltf... How can I get a magnus ?
Since u want Magnus, just take LTF DCB and wait for 6 months(also use the card) and apply for Magnus c2c via offline application.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi,

IMG_20230418_184927.png

1. Infinia metal
  2. Diners club black
  3. Regalia gold
  4. Indigo hdfc card

My expenses would be hardly 3L in a year (excluding rent)
Straight away both of u get the ltf dcb alumni offer which makes global airport lounges free to both of u.
Paid infinia I won’t suggest instead get magnus for high reward just for 10k that also u get Tata cliq voucher back
Again it’s my opinion only
If u have a dream of metal infinia u can pay for it
End of the day our own satisfaction too matters