• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DBS Spark Credit Card

Solution
Received the Spark20 as LTF today .

Reason : Holding a DBS Digibank Corporate Salary Account since Dec 2021. The intention of opening Salary Account back then with DBS was getting a DBS Credit Card in my portfolio of cards . Back then they were in talks of setting up the CC Department but it took them a long time to get to this stage

Process :
As per the CC executive Spark20 is only being offered currently to employees & to pre-approved saving bank holders . You can try checking on the below link

1. Email received on 22nd Feb 2024 / 25th Feb & call received on 29th Feb for LTF (Dear DBS Customer, Exclusive Offer: Lifetime Free DBS Spark Credit Card Just for You! ) . This offer is valid till March 25 2024 . Link seems generic (...

nabendu21

TF Buzz
Received the Spark20 as LTF today .

Reason : Holding a DBS Digibank Corporate Salary Account since Dec 2021. The intention of opening Salary Account back then with DBS was getting a DBS Credit Card in my portfolio of cards . Back then they were in talks of setting up the CC Department but it took them a long time to get to this stage

Process :
As per the CC executive Spark20 is only being offered currently to employees & to pre-approved saving bank holders . You can try checking on the below link

1. Email received on 22nd Feb 2024 / 25th Feb & call received on 29th Feb for LTF (Dear DBS Customer, Exclusive Offer: Lifetime Free DBS Spark Credit Card Just for You! ) . This offer is valid till March 25 2024 . Link seems generic ( https://dbilcreditcards.dbs.com/COSPortal/?evt=sparkcard ) so not sure if existing DBS/ LVB bank members apply it will be LTF or chargable ( does not impact CIBIL at the start page ) .

2. Application Process was simple . Everything was prepopulated from the DBS Digibank Corporate Savings Accounts and no additonal KYC was required

3. Card gets approved instantaneously as it was pre-approved . Good part is you can instantly see the card details on the DBS Card+ app but since it does not show full details you need to wait . Also 1/5th of my actual card limit was showing in the virtual account as the physical card was not received ( though I do not know what is the use of it as I cannot see the full card number & cvv / expiry details on Card+ app ) . Joining Fees/ Annual Fees as LTF

Struggles which I had to face due to change in Residential Address

1. I had applied on 22nd itself but due old residential address showing in DBS Digibank I was not proceeding further with application. Updated the address in DBS Digibank App and while it gets reflected immediately on the DBS Bank portal it does not update the Credit Card Portal

2. The customer care number is hopeless as the Spark Card is currently being served by the Bajaj Supercard team . The customer service does not even know much about the Spark Credit Card and the customer care is below average. I pity the Bajaj Supercard owners . Out of the 6 customer care executives I spoke with only 2 were really supportive and understood the situation and tried to help . 1 customer care placed a callback from the Spark Team Sales guy but he said you should wait for 1 week and the DBS Savings bank address should auto update , but I did not believe him as somehow he did not feel confident

3. On a safer side I reached out to the cardcareindia email id with the request for the Residential Address update. After 3 working days TAT and receiving no response I escalated to the Level 1 which was DBS City Level Managers / Regional Nodal Officers for my region . Instantly got a response someone from the team will contact you

4. 28th Feb 2024 ( same day evening of escalation ) got a call and made him aware of the situation . He mentioned Credit Card Portal picks up information from DBS Saving Bank and since you are preapproved the residential address cannot be changed at the Credit Card Portal . He mentioned to go ahead with the application with the old / incorrect address and once the CC application is approved they would put the dispatch of card on hold till the address update was completed which could be done only at the DBS Branches

5.29th Feb 2024 went to the DBS Main Branch in my city ( Treasures/ SME branch ) as did not want to risk any dramas at smallers branches. The lady took a while to understand that I wanted to update my Residential address for only CC but soon realized it . Asked me to fill the Customer Profile Update Form -Credit Card with the relevant KYC proof . It ask for last 4 digits of CC Number which was already available in the DBS Card+ app . Shared the stamped acknowledgement from DBS to cardcareindia

5.29th Feb 2024 evening the address change was successfully reflecting in my CC account . Card dispatched the same day

6.01st March 2024 received the card in hand from Bluedart in a small package :) . The card design is similar to the OneCard except that Spark Card has plastic build . They have ridged pattern for the lines around X as seen in the card image and it feels nice to hold than the regular plastic cards

Overall : For a card connoisseur like me , it was a no brainer to get the card especially since it was LTF.
Recommend : For LTF a resounding yes. Though there are hickups I would prefer them over some of the other like AU which are devaluing their cards every now and then . Indusind Tiger till its LTF is a no brainer but I guess it will be devalued sooner or later and Bajaj is in bad books for the forceful marketing

Next Cards in my list : HSBC Premier / Slice after taking the NE SFC ( let the game begin ) a

Last edited:
Solution

nabendu21

TF Buzz
Do you think is it worth even as LTF?
honestly getting CCs from reputed global banks makes much more sense than the smaller private Indian banks or SFB and these co branded startups. Only one card I have had no issues and that too I got for the Luxury Metal Card was OneCard but again they have already changed vendors so that s where it seems we cannot trust any such startups as well

And when a card is LTF with no strings attached there is no reason not to apply especially when your card portfolio is in excess of 5 to 10. Also you build a relationship with the bank and possibly for future card upgrades as well it helps a lot .

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Ace
honestly getting CCs from reputed global banks makes much more sense than the smaller private Indian banks or SFB and these co branded startups. Only one card I have had no issues and that too I got for the Luxury Metal Card was OneCard but again they have already changed vendors so that s where it seems we cannot trust any such startups as well

And when a card is LTF with no strings attached there is no reason not to apply especially when your card portfolio is in excess of 5 to 10. Also you build a relationship with the bank and possibly for future card upgrades as well it helps a lot .
I see, I also recently received email for Spark5 card as FYF.

I meant DBS Spark Card is only for DBS employees as of now. If any one here got the DBS Spark card can shed some light :)
I have been approved DBS Spark5 Credit Card as a Lifetime Free Card. It will be delivered today. I have a Digibank Savings Account since 2016 and maintain only minimum balance of Rs. 10000. The temporary Credit Limit given on this card is Rs. 80000. Higher Credit Limit will get activated after the card delivery.

Attachments

• DBS Spark Credit Card-1.jpeg
    DBS Spark Credit Card-1.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DBS Spark Credit Card-2.jpeg
    DBS Spark Credit Card-2.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 28

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I have been approved DBS Spark5 Credit Card as a Lifetime Free Card. It will be delivered today. I have a Digibank Savings Account since 2016 and maintain only minimum balance of Rs. 10000. The temporary Credit Limit given on this card is Rs. 80000. Higher Credit Limit will get activated after the card delivery.

DBS Spark RuPay Variant Credit Card Coming Soon

Last edited:

krishc

TF Ace
how did you get it ?
was it pre-approved?

I've been using Digibank savings account since 2018 and maintain balances between 25-50k and use for medium ticket txn regularly - still no offer yet.