• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Cards Preference

Dear All,

What is it that you see or want in your credit cards when you apply for one?
How much fees or NO fees would you be ok with in exchange of certain features you want in a credit card?

Please help me out with this research.

Gaara

TF Ace
Dear All,

How much fees or NO fees would you be ok with in exchange of certain features you want in a credit card?

Here's what I look for in a credit card:

• Sweet sign-up bonus: Gotta jumpstart those rewards!
  • Clear terms: No hidden fees or confusing jargon, just transparency.
  • Cashback: I prefer cashback over rewards. (Rewards are okey if there are no redemption fees!)
  • Milestone Benefits: Reaching spending goals should come with extra perks.
  • Annual fees? Maybe: Only if they unlock awesome benefits like airport lounges or travel insurance. Gotta feel like the fee is worth it, you know? Otherwise, no fee is the way to go.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Dear All,

Depends on stage of credit card journey you are & excitement of your

Question that u want to be a collector of cc or happy with 1-2 card .. so
Real thing is what u want & if u have doubt regarding Any specific bank or credit card
You can ask .

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Here's what I look for in a credit card:

• Sweet sign-up bonus: Gotta jumpstart those rewards!
  • Clear terms: No hidden fees or confusing jargon, just transparency.
  • Cashback: I prefer cashback over rewards. (Rewards are okey if there are no redemption fees!)
  • Milestone Benefits: Reaching spending goals should come with extra perks.
  • Annual fees? Maybe: Only if they unlock awesome benefits like airport lounges or travel insurance. Gotta feel like the fee is worth it, you know? Otherwise, no fee is the way to go.
Good answer.
Its generic & Generalized answer regardless of bank & card .

Gaara

TF Ace

Real thing is what u want & if u have doubt regarding Any specific bank or credit card
You can ask .
Based on the way he phrased the question, it seemed as though he was conducting a survey to understand what features people desire in their credit cards, rather than seeking assistance in choosing a specific card.🧐

sidp

TF Ace
@Saurabhjaiswal you can tell us which bank you are from. 😂

2 things that bug me is rewards redemption fee and minimum transaction value to earn rewards. Also nw matters a lot. Ready to pay little premium for visa/mc over amex/diners.

I also support minimum billing amount to access lounge. Some people abuse that. And because of that genuine users get stiffed. As long as it is in reasonable level, (5-10k monthly,) it's ok.

Cashback over rewards any day.

techt

TF Legend
The s#it @techt Gets for mb.

He be like
View attachment 44798
Don't get that.
discussion talk GIF

deep@vie

TF Legend
Dear All,

Brother, it has to be subjective e.g. someone not traveling much,what would he do with a card with unlimited lounges by paying 10k/15k.
Journal your spends & as per that get the cards which suits or spends.
It should give good rewards/cashback if not the highest in category.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Cards are pokemons and we gotta catch em' all.

I prefer getting LTF cards which are useful for offers and 2-3 premium - super premium card that are worth paying for.

Such cards should be able to provide rewards as cb / miles, come with lounge visits for self and addon holders and also offer rps on offline spends.

Last edited:
Based on the way he phrased the question, it seemed as though he was conducting a survey to understand what features people desire in their credit cards, rather than seeking assistance in choosing a specific card.🧐
Yes, Monika. I'm conducting a survey to understand what people prefer in general. I myself have a decent knowledge about credit cards and hold 10 of them from across banks.

Brother, it has to be subjective e.g. someone not traveling much,what would he do with a card with unlimited lounges by paying 10k/15k.
Journal your spends & as per that get the cards which suits or spends.
It should give good rewards/cashback if not the highest in category.
Thanks @deep@vie. I'm conducting a survey and trying to understand what people prefer in credit cards. So, even if you can provide your rationale and preference for using them, that'd be of great help.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes, Monika. I'm conducting a survey to understand what people prefer in general. I myself have a decent knowledge about credit cards and hold 10 of them from across banks.
Thanks @deep@vie. I'm conducting a survey and trying to understand what people prefer in credit cards. So, even if you can provide your rationale and preference for using them, that'd be of great help.
For that open Poll type not just general question

You can ask .
Thanks. I'm just trying to understand and collect people's preferences and rationale for using credit cards.