• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

credit card for retired employees

PANK

TF Premier
Please share name of the bank that offers credit card to a retired government employee who is getting a decent pension

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Please share name of the bank that offers credit card to a retired government employee who is getting a decent pension
Usually cc are not given without any income unless per approved. also do mention the age. 60 above are not issued any ccs usually by banks

Many Indian banks issue Credit cards upto 65 yrs. Good income streams, ITRs of above 6-7L (minimum) and CIBIL score of 770+. Foriegn Banks do not give CCs to 60+ - always exceptions are more for every rule in CC business.

I added 12 CCs AFTER 62 yrs of age. I had over 30 different CCs in the last 35 years or so. Since CIBIL score was introduced, my score was always close to 800.

So, age is not a problem.

Last edited:
I became a Pensioner at 52. Setting up an Indian Subsidiary for a French MNC IT firm at 54 helped me in continuining my play with CCs.

Even at 62-63, we got CCs from AMEX-1, AXIS-3, ICICI-3, SBI-3, PNB-2, INDUSIND-1, KOTAK-3, UBOI-1, SBM-1 - besides pre-paid ones like PepperMoney and Junio.

Absolute first timers for CC - pensioners beyond 60 - I suggest a Secured CC and start scouting for other CCs on a C2C basis.

PANK

TF Premier
I became a Pensioner at 52. Setting up an Indian Subsidiary for a French MNC IT firm at 54 helped me in continuining my play with CCs.

Even at 62-63, we got CCs from AMEX-1, AXIS-3, ICICI-3, SBI-3, PNB-2, INDUSIND-1, KOTAK-3, UBOI-1, SBM-1 - besides pre-paid ones like PepperMoney and Junio.

Absolute first timers for CC - pensioners beyond 60 - I suggest a Secured CC and start scouting for other CCs on a C2C basis.
I already have cc from some private bank like axis au and idfc
Suggest bank which can easily approve cc application and which income source should I choose
My cibil is also close to 800 and itr is less than 8L

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Suggest bank which can easily approve cc application and which income source should I choose
What would be you are looking in your new cc?
And age group?

Pensioners can try for CCs from their Pension Paying Branch - thru offline method (for first timers) or thru C2C method (if they have any CC). Based on their relationship with it, that Bank will give even top end (or popular) CCs. They are also eligible for pre-approved offers.

Try KOTAK/AXIS/INDUSIND/ PNB. Depending upon your location and close proximity to their branches. Unlike in online way, in offline way, the branch/agent can add their recommendations - which matter a lot.

Look out for their LTF cards. Approach agents/branch directly. Give needed dox and follow-up till you get the card.