• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment using HDFC billpay

card_wizard

TF Premier
faced same issue today for icici, axis, citi :( it says invalid card number. Already after moving to new portal, SBI and BOB was failing.

Anyways, i tested paying 1000 by selecting account number instead of debit card. It went successful. Then again tried with debit card option for bigger amount, all went successful.

From another hdfc account, did the same.. initially everything was failing, then made 1K payment using account number option. After this, all went successful.
so you are saying after choosing Netbank instead of Debit card you were able to make successful payment using debit card from next time onwards?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
so you are saying after choosing Netbank instead of Debit card you were able to make successful payment using debit card from next time onwards?
No..
What he was saying.. after logging into HDFC net banking.. go to bill pay and while paying for your CC select account number instead of DC as the payment method

card_wizard

TF Premier
No..
What he was saying.. after logging into HDFC net banking.. go to bill pay and while paying for your CC select account number instead of DC as the payment method
read his comment again. he said after doing a small sum of transaction using Netbank he tried again with debit card for bigger amount and all went sucessful

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
read his comment again. he said after doing a small sum of transaction using Netbank he tried again with debit card for bigger amount and all went sucessful
Yes, you are right.. I was confused with your word using net banking instead of account number..
My apologies

hariselio

TF Premier
yep, after doing 1K transaction using account number option, i could make further payments using debit card. Same experience with two different account. But still SBI/BOB is continue to fail and i'm in new UI :(

Ravindra

TF Buzz
I registered credit cards on HDFC billpay 3-4 days back. Two days back I got a call from HDFC to confirm that I have added those cards in billpay and I confirmed the same. But all cards are showing verification pending. To check, I made a small payment and it’s showing successful, yet not credited to card. May be will take another 2 days. Is verification pending status is ok? Can we still make the payment or wait for the status to confirm? How is it for you guys?

djaz

TF Buzz
I registered credit cards on HDFC billpay 3-4 days back. Two days back I got a call from HDFC to confirm that I have added those cards in billpay and I confirmed the same. But all cards are showing verification pending. To check, I made a small payment and it’s showing successful, yet not credited to card. May be will take another 2 days. Is verification pending status is ok? Can we still make the payment or wait for the status to confirm? How is it for you guys?
pending status is ok, eventually it will move to verified, you can pay after 24 hours of adding the cards and the payment will get reflected within 3 days on your respective credit cards

demedge

TF Buzz
1701422068742.png

Although HDFC tech team denies there is a cashback for the payment of credit card bill on HDFC Bill pay, still might be there is a bug or MCC code difference due to which we get the cashback through millenia debit card.
even i am informed the same through customer care and also through RM

Hemang

TF Premier
Yes but other members of this forum have informed that still we are being given 2.5% cashback on utility bill payment (CC) using millenia debit card on HDFC Bill Pay.
If any members of this forum has received 2.5% cashback by paying CC bill using millenia debit card in last 15 days or so, kindly let everyone know. Thanks in advance.

demedge

TF Buzz
U can try one thing, I logged through my parents netbanking, there on top smartbuy option is there, register on it. Mobile number would get registered, may be after that offers would start comin
what kind of offers...
my earlier comment is pertaining to 1% cb on hdfc bill pay section

Hemang

TF Premier
what kind of offers...
my earlier comment is pertaining to 1% cb on hdfc bill pay section
Offers like spend based cashback vouchers which we can redeem. Like to spend 2000₹ on some specific channels and then after offer period, they give us cashback in form of Amazon/Flipkart platforms.

Akr706

TF Select
Today in morning through mobile hdfc app, i tried paying my SBI credit card bill but it was failing.

After gap of 2 hours i tried doing the same through netbanking HDFC on laptop. The Payment went through. But when i checked my account, today's bill payment description in statement of savings account is showing Debit Card BBPS PAY.
But the description of payment i made for ICICI platinum credit card on 1st November was Debit Card HDFC Bill Pay. And for it i got the cashback of 1% through platinum debit card.

I will update by tuesday evening that whether I got the cashback for SBI card payment or not.
So did you get cashback for those BBPS PAY transactions? For ICICI cc bill, I did get 1%, but I doubt I would be getting any for SBI.