• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Corporate NPS and eNPS

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I currently have an NPS account in my personal capacity. As I make the payment via eNPS (i.e. eNPS is my POP) the deductions are minimal as compared to having some other POP

The company I work for has offered us the option of corporate NPS. However, the POP has to get changed from eNPS to some other POP (I think either ICICI or HDFC). The company will make the payments online in the approved format (probably through eNPS but I am not sure)

My question is:
I assume there are people here using Corporate NPS i.e. you save additional tax under 80 CCD(2) because your company directly deducts the amount and credits it to your NPS account. What is the name of the POP mentioned? Is it eNPS or something else? And if it is something else, what is the percentage of deduction?

Thank you for your responses

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Where to check POP? Here is what I see for my voluntary contribution and my employer contribution in my statement.

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_194902.jpg
    IMG_20221031_194902.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Where to check POP? Here is what I see for my voluntary contribution and my employer contribution in my statement.

Thank you for your reply. I think it happens at the time of contribution. You'd have to check what the company deducts and what is actually credited to your account. If 0.5% is deducted (from the company contribution), then that is what goes to the POP. It could also be that your company is paying the POP charges and not billing you for that.

Also, please have a look at your voluntary contribution, whether the full amount is taken as your contribution or whether you paid something extra over and above the credit card/debit card charges. If I remember correctly, when I paid via eNPS, there was no additional upfront additional deduction other than the card charges

1667238782337.png

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thank you for your reply. I think it happens at the time of contribution. You'd have to check what the company deducts and what is actually credited to your account. If 0.5% is deducted (from the company contribution), then that is what goes to the POP. It could also be that your company is paying the POP charges and not billing you for that.

Also, please have a look at your voluntary contribution, whether the full amount is taken as your contribution or whether you paid something extra over and above the credit card/debit card charges. If I remember correctly, when I paid via eNPS, there was no additional upfront additional deduction other than the card charges

1667238782337.png
Ahhhh, I never realised it. They are deducting approx 0.219% based on my calculations.

And no additional deductions for voluntary contribution.

Last edited: