• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Converting Secured Onecard to Unsecured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharooz

TF Buzz
Hi everyone.
I have a secured onecard that I got by doing a FD of 10k.
Its been 7 months since card issuance.
Does anyone have confirmed information how to convert? I talked with customer they say no such offer available.

Solution
Hi everyone.
Does anyone have confirmed information how to convert? I talked with customer they say no such offer available.
No they won't convert it to unsecured, my fd card is also going to be about 6 months old now and I've confirmed more than thrice. They said it to me very clearly that they are not going to upgrade secured to unsecured credit card anytime soon. Also when I said I'll close my fd card then they said you can close it after 6 months of completion and also once you close you'll never be able to get onecard in future for lifetime!! 😂 I mean literally it's the worst card to be taken against fd. This was my biggest...

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone.
Not possible as of now also don't think they will make conversation possible any time soon.

aadi

TF Buzz
Hi everyone.
No they won't convert it to unsecured, my fd card is also going to be about 6 months old now and I've confirmed more than thrice. They said it to me very clearly that they are not going to upgrade secured to unsecured credit card anytime soon. Also when I said I'll close my fd card then they said you can close it after 6 months of completion and also once you close you'll never be able to get onecard in future for lifetime!! 😂 I mean literally it's the worst card to be taken against fd. This was my biggest mistake that instead of taking a bank's fd card I took this onecard. But I'm yet to get any unsecured cc so I'll keep on using this card till I get unsecured cc and the moment I get an unsecured cc I'll happily close this shitty onecard and get back my fd amount.
So a suggestion for everyone- If you are a first time cc user and going for fd based card then always go for cards issued by banks like ICICI, Axis or Kotak 811. The chances of getting unsecured card will increase alot if you get these bank's fd card.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.