• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Comment at What CIBIL Score your Amex Card approved

Theron

TF Premier
So many Members of this community are getting Amex Cards. I am advising members to comment their CIBIL score at what they got their Amex Cards. We can figure out minimum CIBIL criteria.

I applied for MRCC on March 24th '23 which was rejected. my score at that time is 795. my last cibil enquiry was on Nov 19th '22.

I am unsure what is the reason. the email has the following msg:

"After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application."

Later one executive called me (not bestbanker) told me that i am overqualified for mrcc and instead asked me if i was interested to apply platinum (reserver/travel card I forgot)

Theron

TF Premier
I applied for MRCC on March 24th '23 which was rejected. my score at that time is 795. my last cibil enquiry was on Nov 19th '22.

"After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application."

Later one executive called me (not bestbanker) told me that i am overqualified for mrcc and instead asked me if i was interested to apply platinum (reserver/travel card I forgot)
I think only Amex can give such reasons

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

What does it even mean to be overqualified for a credit card? 🤯

senasenthil

TF Premier

I too applied around the same time and got the same message but did not receive any call further.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Bro all this is as per algorithm set by Bank - I had 15+ enquiries and still AMEX approved 3 cards without any verification.

My CIBIL was 768.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Hahah
Overqualified ??
Really ?
You should have told him, I applied for a Amex card and not a job at Amex .