• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Comment at What CIBIL Score your Amex Card approved

Theron

TF Premier
So many Members of this community are getting Amex Cards. I am advising members to comment their CIBIL score at what they got their Amex Cards. We can figure out minimum CIBIL criteria.

RajMahadik

TF Premier
Cibil - 775
Card - mrcc
Limit - 173k
Proof - slip n statements
15 days application on hold, then asked to submit documents offline, i agreed but on 16th day card approved without docs 😂😂😂

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Mine was approved at 728 - MRCC - 50K CL & Gold Charge ( both cards applied on same day) with income docs in Oct 22. My CL on MRCC increased to 3.96L in May after sharing income docs again.

dominic1229

TF Premier
Cibil 792 and got SmartEarn (May 2023), Plat Travel and Gold Charge (both in July 2023).
SmartEarn/my first AmEx with Vkyc but no income docs. Plat Travel and Gold without Vkyc/any docs.

349K limit on SmartEarn.
297K on Plat Travel.

Akshays

TF Select
CIBIL 765 when Gold charge card was approved. But I already had MRCC, don't know what my CIBIL score was back then. Point of note is, there was no CIBIL hit by AMEX before issuing Gold Charge card and that could be largely due to my existing MRCC card. There were 6 enquiries on my CIBIL during June alone and one on 5th July by HDFC. I was afraid if I was going to get gold charge card but it got approved.

On an unrelated topic though, how many enquiries does it take to have any kind of hit on CIBIL score? I have aways heard multiple enquiries in short period are not good for credit score, I have CIBIL membership and I have seen a mere 1 point drop after 7 hard enquiries in a month's span on my CIBIL.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
My friend ahs credit card of other bank, good payment history, salary of 1 lakh per month and he applied via my referral and still got rejected. ANd he has 850+ credit score! SO amex kind of has no logic. IN my earlier days I got approved for amex when it was my first card with 20k salary! No logic with AMEX!
There is a guy on r/creditcardsIndia who got amex approved at 720 cibil, multiple late payments in under 24 months and no itr.