• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Club ITC to Marriott Bonvoy transfer time

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Community,

I recently placed a request for the transfer of Club ITC points to Marriott Bonvoy. I note that as per their T&Cs, it can take up to 8-10 weeks. However, while exploring multiple posts on TF forum, most members posted the timeframe of 1-2 weeks.

Now, it's been almost 20 days and the points haven't been credited to my Bonvoy account. On asking ITC support, they informed me to wait for the time mentioned in their T&Cs and that nothing can be done from their side as points have already been debited from the club ITC account.

Would request community members to kindly advise here and share their experience with similar transfers. I understand it's a manual transfer but still 8-10 weeks is an insane amount of time even for manually doing it.

crasher

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It can take upto 2-3 weeks from my experience.
Unless you've urgent travel plans, sit back, relax, points are not going anywhere. They'll only come when you stop waiting, ;)

If you plan to use them soon, you can ask a friend to transfer you bonvoy points, and then you can send him back once you get them.
Or just buy points or do revenue booking.

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It can take upto 2-3 weeks from my experience.
Unless you've urgent travel plans, sit back, relax, points are not going anywhere. They'll only come when you stop waiting, ;)

If you plan to use them soon, you can ask a friend to transfer you bonvoy points, and then you can send him back once you get them.
Or just buy points or do revenue booking.
Haha… I literally check almost everyday. Unfortunately no friend who has that many number of points as required. I am just concerned as I created a new Bonvoy account in May and then requested max point transfer (60k itc to 90k Bonvoy). Hope this wont create an issue

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Also, there is a quarterly capping of 15,000 points for ITCto Marriott transfer. Total remains still 60k though.

varsheel4

TF Buzz
Also, there is a quarterly capping of 15,000 points for ITCto Marriott transfer. Total remains still 60k though.
Is the quarterly capping for each calendar quarter or 3 months from your last transfer? If anyone has tried, please share

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's been over a week since I requested for transfer of edge points to ITC. Still pending. It generally doesn't take more than 1-2 days.

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I made the transfer on 20th July and still waiting. How many green points did you transfer?
After a month, my request was rejected because the transfer of Green points exceeded the maximum limit of 15K points per quarter.

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
After a month, my request was rejected because the transfer of Green points exceeded the maximum limit of 15K points per quarter.
Same thing happened to me after almost a month.

There seems to be a technical issue on their end.

As per the messaging on their app, if you transfer more than 15k in a single transaction or quarter, you will receive the excess back in your green points account but the difference to bring up the total per quarter to 15k should still get transferred to MB - this doesn't seem to be working though

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Same thing happened to me after almost a month.

There seems to be a technical issue on their end.

As per the messaging on their app, if you transfer more than 15k in a single transaction or quarter, you will receive the excess back in your green points account but the difference to bring up the total per quarter to 15k should still get transferred to MB - this doesn't seem to be working though
This is unfortunate as I'm running short on time for my trip and cannot initiate the request again as the fresh request at-least takes 5-8 weeks

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This is unfortunate as I'm running short on time for my trip and cannot initiate the request again as the fresh request at-least takes 5-8 weeks
How many points are you short?

Have you considered Amex as another potential transfer partner?

Amex -> MB is under 2 days transfer time