• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Clarity needed on HDFC Millenia CC, Platinum DC, Mobikwik, Gyftr, Amazon Pay combo

gautamcool

TF Premier
I have been going through multiple threads on these topics over the past few days. I have summarised my findings below and have a few doubts :

Paying Millenia CC bill through mobikwik using Easyshop Platinum DC gives 1 percent cashback upto 750.
1. Is this right? Is this the best way?
2. Does mobikwik come under utilities and telecom category of the Plat DC as only that category gives 1 percent back?
3. Does this 1 percent cashback work only through mobikwik or through paytm as well?

Buying gift voucher through gyftr gives 5 percent back. Limit 10k per month. Yesterday I tried this and noticed 1.25 percent + gst charges during payment
4. This charges are not there when buying through Amazon directly. Does the Millennia CC give 5 percent for buying AGV through Amazon as well ?
5. Then it doesn't make sense for me to buy through gyftr, as through Amazon, i get the full 5 percent. Correct?
6. While paying directly using Millenia CC, does Amazon categorise and send the codes to the bank, different types of payments like recharge, insurance etc in Amazon Pay?
7. If they don't, then I can use the Millennia to pay all the bills directly and get 5 percent cb

Tejo

TF Legend
4900 mcc for mobikwik I.e utility payments.

Paytm clear notes recharge,travel, wallet, shopping, entertainment, railway, credit card billpay etc.

Gytr mcc code represents as gift card purchase.

Amazon mcc code represents as shopping for amazon voucher, electronic for Play gift card.

Try other sites like Aeronpay.

You get 507 back for 10147 + 100 reward point in next month billing cycle.

If you buy directly from amazon you get 500 reward points next month billing cycle. 5%
If you buy with smartbuy you get 5%CB + 1% reward for buying 10k ie 100 points.

22sumit

TF Select
You get 507 back for 10147 + 100 reward point in next month billing cycle.

If you buy directly from amazon you get 500 reward points next month billing cycle. 5%
If you buy with smartbuy you get 5%CB + 1% reward for buying 10k ie 100 points.
Could you also confirm if we mandatorily need to go through smartbuy portal to get 5% cashback on shopping via amazon?
How much cb can I expect if I made payment on amazon (not GC) directly by my millennia card?

Could you also confirm if we mandatorily need to go through smartbuy portal to get 5% cashback on shopping via amazon?
How much cb can I expect if I made payment on amazon (not GC) directly by my millennia card?
I'll have to check that next month by buying agv directly, which I'll get to know if it worked in july. You only buy something on amazon and test, you can buy 100 voucher

coolanshu1000

TF Premier
You don't need to go through smartbuy for 5% cashback.. just shop normally as you do and pay via hdfc Millennia credit card .. you will get 5% cashpoints (max 1000 points) after statement generation. If you shop via smartbuy, you will get 5% cashback after 3 days and 1% cashpoints after statement generation.

coolanshu1000

TF Premier
Kindly note that for purchasing Amazon pay gift cards through Amazon website , merchant name is AMAZON GIFT and we use to get 5% till last statement however, read in some thread here that a few users are not getting 5% now.

Last edited:

ironhide

TF Buzz
You don't need to go through smartbuy for 5% cashback.. just shop normally as you do and pay via hdfc Millennia credit card .. you will get 5% cashpoints (max 1000 points) after statement generation. If you shop via smartbuy, you will get 5% cashback after 3 days and 1% cashpoints after statement generation.
Is there any limit on buying gift cards from gyftr via payzapp?