• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Clarifcations about RedGiraffe Rent Pay

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
Conidering shifting to RedGiraffe for rent payment and had a couple of questions. Would be great if someone could shed some light on these:

1. Has anyone faced issues with this? (Money deducted but rent not deposited, late rent payment etc.?)

2. How does it reflect on landlord's account? Does it clearly state the tenant name, month etc. (so my landlord can know without contacting me or for my own future reference that the payment has been deposited)?

3. Do I get a notification (Email/SMS) when the money has been deposited to the landlords account?

qf037x42v

TF Select
Been using them for more than 2 years now.

1. Never faced an issue with payment. It usually gets deposited in 2-3 days. Sometimes the rent payment takes 4 days max which didn't happen anytime in the recent past.
2. The narration has both month and tenant name
3. You and the landlord will get an email notification along with a payment advice. You can also check the status of payment on the your redgiraffe dashbaord.

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
I asked redgiraffe support and they got back saying "The transaction fee in this case may be differrent i.e. SBI may charge an additional higher transaction fee"

Nilanchal

TF Premier
If your bank is not listed, you can select payzapp and pay with your credit card. I don't think payzapp accepts amex but rest should be fine.
So, for example I want to pay using my AU bank CC which is not listed. So, I can choose payzapp and pay using au CC ?
Will there be any extra charges via this method?

Btw, I wanted to pay my son's college fees.
So, by using au lit 2% CB add on Feature. Will we get 2%
Or 1% incase of apay.
(Utility, insurances, rent pay are excluded in both cards)

jacobijn

TF Buzz
Till last month, I was able to pay rent through RG on Payzapp using my DCB. It was giving me reward points + a bonus. On this month's statement however, I have not got any points and I have been charged an extra fee as well. Looks like the misclassification in their system is over.
Any idea if this will still work on Infinia, or any other cards which are still useful for rent?

qf037x42v

TF Select
check this

catcat

TF Select
I had tried to use redgiraffe for rent payment. I uploaded rent agreement, but someone called me up and said that the agreement needed to be registered.

Syed Habeeb

TF Select
Till last month I paid via Payzapp for redgiraffe. This month I'm thinking of paying via HDFC Billpay. Can I add biller and pay directly or Should I first change the Payment method to HDFC in Redgiraffe?

CCFan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can we pay the entire rent amount from Payzapp wallet balance, if the wallet has more money than the rent being paid?

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I believe so, yes
Even I am confused if it need registered rent agreement or notarised rent agreement also works. It’s easy to create notarised one with minimal charges on stamp paper from nobroker or housing.com.
Can anyone confirm?

saurabh1206

TF Neo
hi i paid the rent via hdfc credit card in app on 25th jan. money got debited immediately. its been 4-5 days but its not credited to owners account, i also havent got any email from redgiraffe that they have received payment . what do i do