• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Citibank to AxisBank

xaidi

TF Buzz
So, I'm assuming a lot of you guys like myself would have banking with Citibank (I have a salaried account). Today I received my Axis Priority chequebook.

I'm hoping that you guys could help me out a little. I'm not that hopeful with Axis Bank and haven't been a fan of their service while using their credit cards. Having said that, should I keep the axis account, or move over to some other bank (please also suggest alternatives)

Additional Info: Net Salary: 1.8 lpm

Last edited:

shashank08

TF Premier
is there any point to burgundy anymore? m4b is basically dead... besides I would like to know how they decide too. Have not received anything so far
Burgundy debit card still provides some benefits like BMS 1+1 (for both movie and non-movie and you can only get 1 free ticket after recent devaluation) and some lounge access (you need to spend 5K in last quarter to get that benefit after recent devaluation).

But I am more concern about maintaining the AMB after transition completion. Right now I just need to maintain 1L as TRV but for burgundy 5L AMB will be required.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So, I'm assuming a lot of you guys like myself would have banking with Citibank (I have a salaried account). Today I received my Axis Priority chequebook.

I'm hoping that you guys could help me out a little. I'm not that hopeful with Axis Bank and haven't been a fan of their service while using their credit cards. Having said that, should I keep the axis account, or move over to some other bank (please also suggest alternatives)

Additional Info: Net Salary: 1.8 lpm
Same here.. and AMB on axis priority revised.. salary account shd be fine i guess.. use basix banking and keep main banking elsewhere

_amit_

TF Premier
today received Burgundy cheque book for my Citibank account.
I am holding Citibank's Priority world debit card.

Right now I need to maintain 1L AMB in my citibank account but as Burgundy require 5L AMB so I am not sure whether in future I need to maintain 5L AMB.

Is there any logic Axis bank is considering in deciding which Citibank account will go to Burgundy and which will go to priority etc?
High variant programs makes sense when they are accessible via salary route (which i think is applicable here) or if someone has money lying around.

Burgundy is not beneficial via savings account route, not even priority now which has gone recent changes.

Keep banking simple with low or non maintainance accounts.

Last edited:

kskds

TF Buzz
today received Burgundy cheque book for my Citibank account.
I am holding Citibank's Priority world debit card.

Right now I need to maintain 1L AMB in my citibank account but as Burgundy require 5L AMB so I am not sure whether in future I need to maintain 5L AMB.

Is there any logic Axis bank is considering in deciding which Citibank account will go to Burgundy and which will go to priority etc?
If your Citibank account was a salary account then why you need to maintain AMB in Axis Bank after migration, unless you change your salary credit to different bank? For salary upto 3L, they will move you to 'Priority Account', if the net salary is >3L then you will get Burgundy Account.

shashank08

TF Premier
If your Citibank account was a salary account then why you need to maintain AMB in Axis Bank after migration, unless you change your salary credit to different bank? For salary upto 3L, they will move you to 'Priority Account', if the net salary is >3L then you will get Burgundy Account.
No I dont have citibank as my salary account bank. It was earlier but no more a salary account.

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
So in a nutshell, each bank wants to sell loan, ULIP, do FD's; seeing this it feels like to open salary account in SBI. I assume SBI won't bother at all or bother very less.

Last edited: