• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL dropped to 755, Need guide and reason.

devsfinance

TF Premier
Hello Everyone,

I have recently started my credit card journey. My first card was from Icici with a limit of 3L they provided me it without any documents due to Alumni offer may be. Around 2.5 months old now and had no credit score prior.

After that from reading and resources from this amazing community I got to know that I should not be applying to many cards as it can drop my credit score and hence the chances of getting cards as well.

Other than that I got suggestions from others to use my card below 30% and pay on time other than that I found a thread Cibil Formula revealed which suggests that usage in 1 to 9% is giving most score and hence I have had my spend around that much only and also paid

My first score which got generated was 772 after around 10 days of first payment and then after my second payment my new report shows my score is 755. To get a LE in my card and following thread Share ICICI LE Journey I have done 0 spends till now in this cycle however I can have spends as well.

So please suggest as to what I should be doing to get good score as I want to add more cards to my portfolio later. Also please suggest when should I apply for my next CC?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just posting this to get suggestions from experienced people here. So the thing is I have some spends on my icici CC (around 25% of my limit) due to current sale.

Should I prepay before my statement or keep it? (From prepay I meant partial to get spends less than 10%) or any other suggestions are welcome.
The lesser the better, in my view..

P B R G

TF Ace
Just posting this to get suggestions from experienced people here. So the thing is I have some spends on my icici CC (around 25% of my limit) due to current sale.

Should I prepay before my statement or keep it? (From prepay I meant partial to get spends less than 10%) or any other suggestions are welcome.
One important thing to keep in mind. Different banks have different reporting dates to Credit bureaus. You can utilise full limit also, just make sure to prepay the excess amount atleast 3-4 days before the bill generation date incase of ICICI and before month end for banks like Axis, HDFC, IDFC etc. These banks like many others reports to CIBIL at month end. The total due amount on the reporting date would be your current balance in CIBIL (irrespective of your statement due amount) and the score will be calculated based on that (along with other factors).

Trust Me

TF Ace

Occasional spikes (like during festival times) shouldn't matter. It's consistent high usage over extended periods that matters.

devsfinance

TF Premier
One important thing to keep in mind. Different banks have different reporting dates to Credit bureaus. You can utilise full limit also, just make sure to prepay the excess amount atleast 3-4 days before the bill generation date incase of ICICI and before month end for banks like Axis, HDFC, IDFC etc. These banks like many others reports to CIBIL at month end. The total due amount on the reporting date would be your current balance in CIBIL (irrespective of your statement due amount) and the score will be calculated based on that (along with other factors).
Oh okay but it seems that ICICI has the same reporting date.

devsfinance

TF Premier
Also the CIBIL Yearly Subscription is pretty cool. You get real time alerts for changes in the report right in your inbox! this really helps to see whats happening and what can be improved.

You can DM technofino, he provided me with 500rs/year price (its 1000 otherwise)
I can check my CIBIL using Icici app as of now but yes this alert thing does sound great

edm

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,

I have recently started my credit card journey. My first card was from Icici with a limit of 3L they provided me it without any documents due to Alumni offer may be. Around 2.5 months old now and had no credit score prior.

After that from reading and resources from this amazing community I got to know that I should not be applying to many cards as it can drop my credit score and hence the chances of getting cards as well.

Other than that I got suggestions from others to use my card below 30% and pay on time other than that I found a thread Cibil Formula revealed which suggests that usage in 1 to 9% is giving most score and hence I have had my spend around that much only and also paid

My first score which got generated was 772 after around 10 days of first payment and then after my second payment my new report shows my score is 755. To get a LE in my card and following thread Share ICICI LE Journey I have done 0 spends till now in this cycle however I can have spends as well.

So please suggest as to what I should be doing to get good score as I want to add more cards to my portfolio later. Also please suggest when should I apply for my next CC?
after 3 years cibil become stable
cibil with short timeframe likely to fluctuate with inquiries and spend increase

Manoj Pant

TF Premier
My CIBIL dropped 792 to 760 without any reason. There was Unknown ATLAS enquiry alert but that was error from CIBIL side, so not mentioned in enquiry section.One year of credit history, no missed payment. Does 0% or 1% low utilisation is the reason for CIBIL drop?

devsfinance

TF Premier
My CIBIL dropped 792 to 760 without any reason. There was Unknown ATLAS enquiry alert but that was error from CIBIL side, so not mentioned in enquiry section.One year of credit history, no missed payment. Does 0% or 1% low utilisation is the reason for CIBIL drop?
Not sure about 0% is the reason for drop but others have suggested to keep below 10% hence 1% should not be an issue I guess.

devsfinance

TF Premier
I wanted to ask what will happen in negative usage? I.e. I was keeping my spending 0(By looking at threads here suggesting to not use the card at all for getting LE in ICICI) but now I am getting a refund of something in the CC.

How can it impact the score as well as how can it impact LE if anyone has idea?

devsfinance

TF Premier
Continuing this thread, after reading a lot of post threads here I kept my spend 0 to get LE on my ICICI card. But then due to a delivery issue of Flipkart from BBD I received some refund in my card and the bill generated is of negative amount now. Should I take that in my savings account or keep there only?

With respect to the credit score scenario, I want to increase the score as well as get an LE currently.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Continuing this thread, after reading a lot of post threads here I kept my spend 0 to get LE on my ICICI card. But then due to a delivery issue of Flipkart from BBD I received some refund in my card and the bill generated is of negative amount now. Should I take that in my savings account or keep there only?

With respect to the credit score scenario, I want to increase the score as well as get an LE currently.
Here are my Apay and coral balances( all -ve, always) and my score is around 800 always..

1700730543919.png

1700730621019.png

Last edited: