• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Chances of winning a chargeback for an undelivered product!

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

So I ordered a supplement from a not so famous supplement store on 16th June and paid Rs.10,200 via my Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit card, and they did not deliver the product for more than 20 days. Finally, I asked them to cancel my order and refund my payment. They were reluctant but finally canceled my order on 6th July.

It's been 5 days and I have been chasing them to give me the RRN / ARN but they are not replying. After reading their reviews, I see that they are frauds and they have done it to a lot of people....so many people have not received their refunds.

I have the screenshots of the WhatsApp conversation with them in which they have mentioned that my refund is processed, as well as their email that states the order is canceled and refunded.

What will be the best way to get my money out? Should I do a chargeback right away, or wait patiently (how long should I be waiting)?

And what are my chances of winning this chargeback, considering the fact that they are crooks and can easily manipulate things?

Thanks for any guidance.

Solution
Hi Guys,

So I ordered a supplement from a not so famous supplement store on 16th June and paid Rs.10,200 via my Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit card, and they did not deliver the product for more than 20 days. Finally, I asked them to cancel my order and refund my payment. They were reluctant but finally canceled my order on 6th July.

It's been 5 days and I have been chasing them to give me the RRN / ARN but they are not replying. After reading their reviews, I see that they are frauds and they have done it to a lot of people....so many people have not received their refunds.

I have the screenshots of the WhatsApp conversation with them in which they have mentioned that my refund is processed, as well as their email that states...

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Complaint to RBI and consumer court
But isn't there a process to follow, before I reach directly to RBI and consumer court?

I have never done a chargeback, but I believe "card protection" offered by credit card issuers is meant for protecting customers in such scenarios where there is a online dispute.

techhdate

TF Premier
winning chargeback cases in India is nearly impossible...Indian banks dont follow up with merchants in case of chargeback specially if it is a otp verified transaction (my experience)
better start chasing the company yourself..if the company have social pages trash them with proofs attached

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
winning chargeback cases in India is nearly impossible...Indian banks dont follow up with merchants in case of chargeback specially if it is a otp verified transaction (my experience)
better start chasing the company yourself..if the company have social pages trash them with proofs attached
Yeah, but when I report a chargeback, won't they provide a temporary credit, and then follow up with merchant for a permanent redressal within 120 days?

I know I should have used my Amex but the greed for reaching spend threshold for axis vistara made me use it :-(

How is axis bank in general when it comes to such disputes?

techhdate

TF Premier
Yeah, but when I report a chargeback, won't they provide a temporary credit, and then follow up with merchant for a permanent redressal within 120 days?

I know I should have used my Amex but the greed for reaching spend threshold for axis vistara made me use it :-(

How is axis bank in general when it comes to such disputes?
amex would have been the better option...the chargebacks work very good with US network cards but Indian banks are just lazy or they just don't care and rbi doesn't have a strict rule for this cases against otp verified transactions...btw from which site did u order from ?

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You have any foul chargeback experience?
Cause till now I have all positive and responsive chargeback experience whether done with citibank or sbi cards.
Chargeback is usually handled by higher authority so expect a better response if you have all the proofs and can explain properly what resolution you need.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
amex would have been the better option...the chargebacks work very good with US network cards but Indian banks are just lazy or they just don't care and rbi doesn't have a strict rule for this cases against otp verified transactions...btw from which site did u order from ?
sixteeninches.com

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
sixteeninches.com
Bro - they will not refund the money. Was waiting for you to share the website details.

Went through the same situation and finally gave up.

However after almost 2 months, they delivered the product without any prior intimation.

And trust me, you can't post anything on their social media handle.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro - they will not refund the money. Was waiting for you to share the website details.

Went through the same situation and finally gave up.

However after almost 2 months, they delivered the product without any prior intimation.

And trust me, you can't post anything on their social media handle.
That’s disappointing.

Did you raise a chargeback ? What bank was it and what was the outcome ?

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No I didn't as I was not aware of the process (joined this community recently and would have taken some inputs from everyone).

I remember paying the amount through SBI CC.

Trying escalating to these 2 email IDs (if not done) - support@sixteeninches.com; teamsixteeninches@gmail.com
I see, and you may have not canceled the order and asked for a refund, so they delivered. I am still hopeful that the dispute, as a final resort, should get me my refund since I have all the proofs in my favor.

Thanks for sharing their gmail id.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I see, and you may have not canceled the order and asked for a refund, so they delivered. I am still hopeful that the dispute, as a final resort, should get me my refund since I have all the proofs in my favor.

Thanks for sharing their gmail id.
I did ask for refund and they stopped responding to my emails/whatsapp pings.

Thankfully, I got my products :)

All the best Brother! Just a suggestion - next time - please go for Neulife, Nutrabay and HealthXP. Never faced any challenges till date.

Reactions: BMR

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Hi Guys,

I have the screenshots of the WhatsApp conversation with them in which they have mentioned that my refund is processed, as well as their email that states the order is canceled and refunded.

What will be the best way to get my money out? Should I do a chargeback right away, or wait patiently (how long should I be waiting)?

And what are my chances of winning this chargeback, considering the fact that they are crooks and can easily manipulate things?

Thanks for any guidance.
Can Complain In Consumer Fourms... NCH(National Consumer Helpline)

gpbs11

TF Buzz
That’s disappointing.

Did you raise a chargeback ? What bank was it and what was the outcome ?
I had raised a chargeback issue with axis card for payment at retail shop.I made payment using card,but shopkeeper told that transaction failed ,showing error & asked me to pay by cash. So i paid by cash.Due to bad network signal inside shop i didn't get any SMS. But later found that amount is debited from card.So i went back to the shop & showed him saying money debited from card,but the owner refused to accept. So i complained to axis for fraudulent/failed transaction.I was told that they would temp. credit within 5 days & dispute will be closed within 90 days.But no temp credit was given.Everytime i called axis i was told that it would be credited within 5 working days.A month passed like this. I complained to rbi,nodal and then the temp credit was done. So need lot of follow ups...Hope this helps

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I had raised a chargeback issue with axis card for payment at retail shop.I made payment using card,but shopkeeper told that transaction failed ,showing error & asked me to pay by cash. So i paid by cash.Due to bad network signal inside shop i didn't get any SMS. But later found that amount is debited from card.So i went back to the shop & showed him saying money debited from card,but the owner refused to accept. So i complained to axis for fraudulent/failed transaction.I was told that they would temp. credit within 5 days & dispute will be closed within 90 days.But no temp credit was given.Everytime i called axis i was told that it would be credited within 5 working days.A month passed like this. I complained to rbi,nodal and then the temp credit was done. So need lot of follow ups...Hope this helps
My experience with axis was pretty bad as well. I raised the dispute, but they never acknowledged it. They were asking proof of refund. What proof do I show when merchant denied refund 😅. And after that they stopped replying.

Didn't know that chargeback can also be raised to nodal and principal nodal officer, otherwise would have forwarded them.

On the other hand, Citi has a pretty good procedure. They took my request over call, got reversal in 4-5 in days and case was closed in my favour in 2 weeks.

Wonder what will happen after merger of the two.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah I have been banking with Citi for 21 years now. Hardly ever, I had to visit a branch and even when I did , I was treated so well. Prompt resolution to every issue.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My experience with axis was pretty bad as well. I raised the dispute, but they never acknowledged it. They were asking proof of refund. What proof do I show when merchant denied refund 😅. And after that they stopped replying.

Didn't know that chargeback can also be raised to nodal and principal nodal officer, otherwise would have forwarded them.

On the other hand, Citi has a pretty good procedure. They took my request over call, got reversal in 4-5 in days and case was closed in my favour in 2 weeks.

Wonder what will happen after merger of the two.
Did you email them or raised a request via chat / phone ?

Yes you can escalate the issue to Nodal officer.

I have emailed them today. In my case , I have all the proofs from merchant where he said he has cancelled my order and will issue a refund but never did.

let’s see how the matter is addressed by axis.