• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CBDC will eventually kills bank and credit card companies

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Central bank digital currencies will eventually finish all other payment systems and credit cards. Govt will have full control over your spending

WEF has aimed at 2030.. Enjoy life till the party lasts
No, in other countries Central bank digital currencies (CBDC) also use through credit/debit cards.

I think RBI will also allow UPI and RuPay debit/credit card to use our CBDC.

Banks will also issue digital credit through CBDC and we can use through our UPI and RuPay credit cards.

Note - currently, Visa/mastercard is not allow to link with CBDC on any countries (except US), that's why i m include Visa/mastercard. Only local payment system is allowed to link with CBDC.

Last edited:

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Very thoughtful research done by everyone here. Very good ideas and predictions done here. I hope creditdata and Paras Jain quickly become RBI officials and economic advisors of India and save us from chdc. Dhanya hai aap log.
I really din't understand why you are so emotionally attached to the topic. What is the point of start getting personal here? Just a thought and disagreement. Which doesn't mean you have to get personal.

Paras Jain

TF Premier
I think a lot of people are just getting too emotional about this topic. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But there is no point in getting personal and make fun of anyone. The point of this community is to share thoughts and facts. Just because u disagree with someone's thoughts doesn't give you right to make fund or bad mouth. Try to maintain the positive decorum otherwise it doesn't help anyone.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The risk in digital money can be seen with usa banks collapse. Always diversify in tangible assets like gold, real estate and have decent cash at home for contingencies. Dont put too much money in 1 bank account, open more bank accounts. In India bank deposits insured upto 5 lacs

AsB

TF Ace
Central bank digital currencies will eventually finish all other payment systems and credit cards. Govt will have full control over your spending

Impossible.
1) Govt. cannot have full control on spends. That will not ensure "any" increase of trading & hence GDP of a country
2) Credit cards may go away, but the concept of credit cards are here to stay, and its usage will increase over the years.
3) Yes, We will enjoy till the party lasts. But, not because of Digital Currencies, but because of wars, water shortage, global warming, ice melting and so on....as predicted for 2030 and beyond

iNokia

TF Premier
Impossible.
1) Govt. cannot have full control on spends. That will not ensure "any" increase of trading & hence GDP of a country
2) Credit cards may go away, but the concept of credit cards are here to stay, and its usage will increase over the years.
3) Yes, We will enjoy till the party lasts. But, not because of Digital Currencies, but because of wars, water shortage, global warming, ice melting and so on....as predicted for 2030 and beyond
You don't understand. He has done his research and predicted a doomsday for us. It's OVER for everyone.

Last edited:

SiddharthR

TF Ace

The future. Will only take 2 min. Its coming

Impossible.
Bhai koi to constitution ka article beech me aayega, opposition parties oppose karegi, NGOs jag jayenge, protests honge aur bahut sari chije hongi... Ise rokne k liye kuch to hoga hi
Yeh china thodi hai jaha pr khule aam surveillance hoga aur social score, etc chije hongi.
And abhi demonetisation k regarding SC me case chal Raha hai, & agar uska result gov ke against aaya to achha hi hoga

I have limited knowledge in this, so agar koi law field se hai to batao Hume kuchh, thoda mamla shant ho jayega abhi k liye

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I heard CBDC (e-rupee) will soon link with UPI.

Already ccavenue payment gateway start supporting CBDC (e-rupee) for online transactions.

In future, Amazon/Flipkart and all e-com webste will accept CBDC (e-rupee).

Already Reliance stores start accepting CBDC (e-rupee).

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I heard CBDC (e-rupee) will soon link with UPI.

Already ccavenue payment gateway start supporting CBDC (e-rupee) for online transactions.

In future, Amazon/Flipkart and all e-com webste will accept CBDC (e-rupee).

Already Reliance stores start accepting CBDC (e-rupee).
but there is no incentive to do it. so why would a person make an effort to use this?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
but there is no incentive to do it. so why would a person make an effort to use this?
Merchant will pay MDR fees for accepting CBDC (e-rupee) via UPI (or maybe RuPay card will also allow in future).

Direct e-rupee accepting is free, same like physical cash.

But if we use CBDC (e-rupee) through any 3rd party gateways/UPI apps then definitely they will charge MDR fees from merchants.
Does this mean we can make payment to existing UPI merchant QRs available, by using CBDC?
Yes. The implementation will take some time. The CBDC itself is in beta stage.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Won't it be free like UPI, just like UPI working currently?
I dnt know. CBDC link with UPI still in discussion stage. Still a long way to go.

Anyways, Merchants were happily paying MDR fees in year between 2016 to 2019. Merchant doesn't care about UPI MDR charges because

UPI MDR charges 90% cheaper than card transactions.

Merchants were paying this MDR fees between the year 2016 to 2019 -

UPI merchant transaction under Rs100 - No MDR

UPI merchant transaction between 101 to 1000 - 0.1% MDR

UPI merchant transaction above Rs1000 - 0.25% MDR.

Credit Karma

TF Premier

Short answer - NEVER.

Long answer will be "HELL NO, it's never gonna happen!"

Think for a moment, RBI managing 1.31 Billion accounts for day to day transactions and providing other banking services for 24/7/365.

That is not what RBI does, at least as per the RBI Act 1934!

So chill and enjoy fighting with your bank customer support assistant for better services till the end of time😂

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 8