• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cashback on HDFC millennia debit card

Hi,
So recently I opened an HDFC Bank Ac for my father and got a Millennia Debit Card in the instant kit...
Will I get cashback for making CC bill payments using this Debit Card?...If yes then how?

Infinite

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I did two wallet load transactions using HDFC Millenia debit card

The account statement shows
PAYTM PAYMENTS S for the second one while the first one was PAYTM WALLET whereas PayTM statement (passbook) shows both as wallet load.

Has anyone faced this problem?

Also,

shows 2.5% CashBack points on all online Spends

Does it also include Credit Card bill payments through PayTM using debit card option? Or is that treated as 'Credit Card Bill Payment' which is excluded for cashback points?

Went through this thread but couldnt find details on the above.

Thank you

Last edited:

Akashn

TF Ace

PAYTM PAYMENTS S for the second one while the first one was PAYTM WALLET whereas PayTM statement (passbook) shows both as wallet load.

Also,

Does it also include Credit Card bill payments through PayTM using debit card option?

Thank you
@VISHESH_BANSAL @D₹V expert opinion dedo

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

How is this a problem? 😁
Also,

Does it also include Credit Card bill payments through PayTM using debit card option? Or is that treated as 'Credit Card Bill Payment' which is excluded for cashback points?

Thank you
Yes, you will currently receive a 2.5% cashback. However, I can't guarantee future benefits if they modify the MCC. 😁

Infinite

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How is this a problem? 😁

Yes, you will currently receive a 2.5% cashback. However, I can't guarantee future benefits if they modify the MCC. 😁

Thanks for your reply.

Problem - as in Wallet load MCC is not consistent in this case and...

... in a recent conversation with IDFC First Bank rewards team, was told that PayTM now uses MCC 6051 for credit card bill payments made using debit card. This MCC doesnt accrue reward points for any of the IDFC First Bank debit cards.

Query - to check if this applies to HDFC Millenia debit cards too. Although there is no way to confirm this as HDFC 'cannot' generate cashback (reward point) statement for its debit cards.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Thanks for your reply.

Problem - as in Wallet load MCC is not consistent in this case and...

... in a recent conversation with IDFC First Bank rewards team, was told that PayTM now uses MCC 6051 for credit card bill payments made using debit card. This MCC doesnt accrue reward points for any of the IDFC First Bank debit cards.

Query - to check if this applies to HDFC Millenia debit cards too. Although there is no way to confirm this as HDFC 'cannot' generate cashback (reward point) statement for its debit cards.
You will receive 2.5% since this MCC is not excluded.

Infinite

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You will receive 2.5% since this MCC is not excluded.
I do not know the MCC that PayTM has reported to HDFC in this case as the customer care executive was unable to fetch this information (unlike for credit card transaction) and asked me to check with the merchant.

Here is latest list of excluded MCC for HDFC Millenia DC

Attachments

• Standard exclusion MCCs for Millennia product feature cashback - internal.pdf
    91.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys, some doubts for new year 😅

1. I have HDFC Classic banking.
2. I have the attached options for DC upgrades. No charges are mentioned here.
3. I have many CC payments every month. Some bills are small like 10-20k. Some bills are large over 4-5L.
4. I have a lot of government payments.
5. I hold good CCs like Infinia, DCB, Magnus Burgundy.

Which HDFC debit card will be rewarding for me? How to get maximum out of these combinations?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_101800_HDFC Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_101800_HDFC Bank.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 23

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys, some doubts for new year 😅

1. I have HDFC Classic banking.
2. I have the attached options for DC upgrades. No charges are mentioned here.
3. I have many CC payments every month. Some bills are small like 10-20k. Some bills are large over 4-5L.
4. I have a lot of government payments.
5. I hold good CCs like Infinia, DCB, Magnus Burgundy.

Which HDFC debit card will be rewarding for me? How to get maximum out of these combinations?
Kindly let me know about this..

I use Millennia to do no transactions just load Paytm wallet and then back to bank.
Pro. I just got the Millennia DC, and was thinking that I will have to pay bills of 60k in a year just to recover the annual fees first, and after that earn some cashback.
Now I will just load paytm wallet for 40k each month and then transfer the amount back to my bank account.
BTW, we can transfer the amount back to same HDFC account, right? Or does it need to be a different account cause if HDFC detects reverse transaction, will it reverse the cashback too?
And paytm, mobiwik and apay are the most popular wallets, and all let users transafer amount back to bank without any charges? asking cause paytm wallet might stop working from next month maybe?

Pro. I just got the Millennia DC, and was thinking that I will have to pay bills of 60k in a year just to recover the annual fees first, and after that earn some cashback.
Now I will just load paytm wallet for 40k each month and then transfer the amount back to my bank account.
BTW, we can transfer the amount back to same HDFC account, right? Or does it need to be a different account cause if HDFC detects reverse transaction, will it reverse the cashback too?
And paytm, mobiwik and apay are the most popular wallets, and all let users transafer amount back to bank without any charges? asking cause paytm wallet might stop working from next month maybe?
Better use Amazon Pay instead of Paytm

DarthYoda

TF Premier
Just a quick question..

Do i have to add 40000 in Amazon pay in one go for the cashback or I can do 20000 two times or 10000 4 times??
You can do all of the above. Just remember that cashback is eligible for multiples of 400 and above txn.
I once paid a bill of 39900 and then 100 rupees i load on amzn.
My 399 is still stuck there.