• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card Closure or Upgradation Recommendation

vip3rc5

TF Premier
I currently possess the following credit cards:

1. SBI SimplyCLICK - Credit Limit: 1.66 Lakhs
2. Kotak League Platinum (LTF VISA) - Credit Limit: 5 Lakhs
3. Amazon Pay ICICI - Credit Limit: 5.6 Lakhs
4. Axis FK (LTF) & Axis Airtel (FYF) - Combined Credit Limit: 2.48 Lakhs
5. BOB Select (LTF) - Credit Limit: 50K
6. One Card (Federal Bank) - Credit Limit: 80K
7. Amex SmartEarn - Credit Limit: 2.4 Lakhs
8. IDFC First Select - Credit Limit: 2.46 Lakhs
9. HDFC Diners Privilege - Credit Limit: 2.8 Lakhs

My most recent card is the Airtel Axis Bank Card, which I obtained due to my multiple Airtel services. Apart from that, I frequently dine out with my colleagues every Friday. I usually cover the bill and receive their shares through UPI.

I'm wondering which of my credit cards I should consider upgrading or closing, as I believe I'm not making the most of all of them. Additionally, I typically use my Sodexo Card for grocery shopping, which has a monthly limit of 2.2K, and any expenses exceeding this limit are charged to my credit card. I strictly use Amazon Card for Amazon Purchases (unless there is a offer for any particular card) and same goes for Flipkart

RajeshV

TF Premier
You can ask for your SimplyCLICK to be closed through the SBICards website. They'll call you, tell them you can't justify the fees and they will offer to make it LTF.
Amazon Pay ICICI, OneCard, and IDFC cards are also LTF.

I don't see you losing out by not making enough out of the cards. Axis Airtel is worth the fee. You probably want to keep the Amex and HDFC cards just for the sake of it.

balpreet.singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can ask for your SimplyCLICK to be closed through the SBICards website. They'll call you, tell them you can't justify the fees and they will offer to make it LTF.

I don't see you losing out by not making enough out of the cards. Axis Airtel is worth the fee. You probably want to keep the Amex and HDFC cards just for the sake of it.
Has anyone got SBI card as LTF as retention offer? I have not even got a FYF for SBI card till now.

Regards,

Balpreet

Rajesh bhai, I have BPCL Octane and want to make LTF, I went through card closure request from app till last page where it is mentioned that once you place request you can not use the card. I am bit skeptical whether they call or help me or simply close the card. Bcoz I still have 700 INR rewards points in BPCL OCTANE. please guide

RajeshV

TF Premier
Rajesh bhai, I have BPCL Octane and want to make LTF, I went through card closure request from app till last page where it is mentioned that once you place request you can not use the card. I am bit skeptical whether they call or help me or simply close the card. Bcoz I still have 700 INR rewards points in BPCL OCTANE. please guide
If you cancel during working hours you will immediately get a call. The cancellation is very unlikely to be immediate and you can get a ₹10 gift card or something after requesting to prevent cancellation.

There is nevertheless some risk involved, so consider waiting till your points are redeemed.

helloworld

TF Legend
I currently possess the following credit cards:

1. SBI SimplyCLICK - Credit Limit: 1.66 Lakhs
2. Kotak League Platinum (LTF VISA) - Credit Limit: 5 Lakhs
3. Amazon Pay ICICI - Credit Limit: 5.6 Lakhs
4. Axis FK (LTF) & Axis Airtel (FYF) - Combined Credit Limit: 2.48 Lakhs
5. BOB Select (LTF) - Credit Limit: 50K
6. One Card (Federal Bank) - Credit Limit: 80K
7. Amex SmartEarn - Credit Limit: 2.4 Lakhs
8. IDFC First Select - Credit Limit: 2.46 Lakhs
9. HDFC Diners Privilege - Credit Limit: 2.8 Lakhs

My most recent card is the Airtel Axis Bank Card, which I obtained due to my multiple Airtel services. Apart from that, I frequently dine out with my colleagues every Friday. I usually cover the bill and receive their shares through UPI.

I'm wondering which of my credit cards I should consider upgrading or closing, as I believe I'm not making the most of all of them. Additionally, I typically use my Sodexo Card for grocery shopping, which has a monthly limit of 2.2K, and any expenses exceeding this limit are charged to my credit card. I strictly use Amazon Card for Amazon Purchases (unless there is a offer for any particular card) and same goes for Flipkart

HDFC may sometimes value the relationship and active usage for upgrades..

So, if aiming for upgrade in that bank, do consider spending in that card and wait for the right moment to request (even with low rewards, but its a decent one with milestone).

Kotak, FK, Select and OneCard = can close, upgrades generally not needed for these banks. When your spends high, maybe useful but not now and 10% upto 2500 can easily adjust with Gyftr or other vouchers, mostly.

Keep SBI, ICICI and SmartEarn = for better future with these banks, again at this point upgrades can be burden to you rather beneficial, so keep it - don't upgrade.

Kotak and ICICI helps for Limit but I think without these cards you already won't exceed more than 60% at any point of time, mostly limited to 30%. Calculate yourself.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Recommended method is :
Card upgradation through card closure ….

Not closure OR Upgradation…
Do you think I can upgrade to Pulse from SimplyClick? Just paid joining fee 2 months back (forgot about the card for few months, was very close- lesson learned: reminder).

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do you think I can upgrade to Pulse from SimplyClick? Just paid joining fee 2 months back (forgot about the card for few months, was very close- lesson learned: reminder).
Only way to find out is by asking CC.. they can do anything if they like to do:. Try and that way and see