• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can We Upgrade Our Account In ICICI Bank Just After Account Opening?

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Dear Community Members

I Am Thinking To Open Account In ICICI Bank (Silver Savings Account) But There Is No Option Online To Open An Silver Savings Account. So I Am Thinking To Open A InstaSave Savings Account And Then Upgrade It Into Silver Varient.

So, I Want To Ask That Can I Upgrade My Account Right After It Is Opened. And If There Is A Link To Open Siver Account Directly Then I Will Open It Directly.

Thanking You In Advance :)

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
wow for cc you guys open saving a/c , icici isn't the top in term of rewards point or cashback ? what the use then yes have heard a lot of ruprx and sapphiro some variant but that need i guess a lot of MAB , just for cc don't open Saving a/c , and plus i had checked top 10/20 cc and ICICI wasn't in top or anywhere close

AllSeeker

TF Ace
wow for cc you guys open saving a/c , icici isn't the top in term of rewards point or cashback ? what the use then yes have heard a lot of ruprx and sapphiro some variant but that need i guess a lot of MAB , just for cc don't open Saving a/c , and plus i had checked top 10/20 cc and ICICI wasn't in top or anywhere close
Exactly my thoughts.

ICICI has terrible CC returns. If not for amazon CC it would've been wiped in year or two. I don't want any of them.

SC_23

TF Premier
Seriously I don't see a point in upgrading ICICI account or maybe I had a really bad experience with a branch when I asked them to update my communication address using my postpaid bill as address proof they outright told me either bring in Aadhar or open new account citing that this is the company policy and he can't do anything about it.

Changed branch got communication address updated using same postpaid bill sometimes branch can really make or break customer experience.

akshayhs

TF Ace
My Experience From Axis Is Always Good... Reason Behind This Is That I Know The BM... Don't Use The Account On Day 2 Day Basis
Pretty much the same story with everyone as well. If you happen to know someone where you bank at, that's the best.

During my 8 years with Axis, while I didn't really have any troublesome moments with them, they were too slow to respond to anything On multiple occasions, they left me on read.

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I opened icici mine account online and instantly got virtual debit card. I tried using it but OTP wasn't coming so I visited the bank and she said "you don't have any mobile number linked to your account" o_O I was like I used my adhaar liked number to create account. She tried updating my number in account details but she couldn't saying "I already have a credit card linked to this number since 4 years." I wasn't even 18 years old 4 years ago :/ so I had to link my second number to account. She said let this number get updated then visit atm to change it to primary number. I wanted it to be on primary number as it's same number for amazon account to get apay cc. So I went to atm and for some reason atm said call some number or visit branch to update phone number. So again I visited branch and submitted a form. After few days I applied for fd cc. Now FD cc OTP was coming to secondary number and transaction details was coming to primary number o_O so I tried using debit card and dc OTP was coming to second number and transaction sms was recieving to primary number. I was like wth is this :/ so I visited branch again and now they gave me another form where I had to enter cc number and now it's OTP and transaction sms comes to primary number. Debit card OTP comes to primary number but transaction sms is still on second number and also in imobile app it shows second number in account details.

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also I got a call from their cc when I applied for apay card. She said congratulations you are getting upgrade in your existing card. Let me explain the benefits to you. I was like ehh I am yet to recieve proper unsecured cc , are you giving me upgrade on my fd card. Is that even a thing ? Turns out she said I got offer to upgrade my mine debit card to coral debit card. I said isn't this a thing in imobile app already why you bothered to call regarding this. She still kept explaining benefits meanwhile I had coral FD credit card with exact same benefits.

SoggypastA

TF Premier
I opened icici mine account online and instantly got virtual debit card. I tried using it but OTP wasn't coming so I visited the bank and she said "you don't have any mobile number linked to your account" o_O I was like I used my adhaar liked number to create account. She tried updating my number in account details but she couldn't saying "I already have a credit card linked to this number since 4 years." I wasn't even 18 years old 4 years ago :/ so I had to link my second number to account. She said let this number get updated then visit atm to change it to primary number. I wanted it to be on primary number as it's same number for amazon account to get apay cc. So I went to atm and for some reason atm said call some number or visit branch to update phone number. So again I visited branch and submitted a form. After few days I applied for fd cc. Now FD cc OTP was coming to secondary number and transaction details was coming to primary number o_O so I tried using debit card and dc OTP was coming to second number and transaction sms was recieving to primary number. I was like wth is this :/ so I visited branch again and now they gave me another form where I had to enter cc number and now it's OTP and transaction sms comes to primary number. Debit card OTP comes to primary number but transaction sms is still on second number and also in imobile app it shows second number in account details.
It happened to me too I hold apay card linked to my only mobile number and with same mobile number I opened mine account. Same problem mobile number not linked but I also didn't got account number though received physical debit card.
Funny thing is I changed debit card pin using that mobile number at ATM but on netbanking it shows not linked to userid.
Now I'm gonna visit branch for acc number in imobile app there is option to link savings acc to credit card acc I hope this will work if not I'm withdrawing all money from mine account and close it.