• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can we spend more than the credit limit by paying bills immediately to the credit card?

avikrish

TF Select
I have a credit card with 30,000 limit and due to its cashback features, i am using like 70,000 spends with in the statement got generated. (very few months in a year) ,

1) Spend 25000 and next day pay the amount
2) again after 3 days , spend 25000 and again pay the bill so on..

Will using the credit card like this for a few months is fine or will there be any issue?

I tried asking the bank so many times to increase limit but not at all happening

By the way the annual expenditure on the all credit cards for one financial year will not exceed Rs10 Lac.

Please let me know if there any issues using the credit card like this.

drakesri

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a credit card with 30,000 limit and due to its cashback features, i am using like 70,000 spends with in the statement got generated. (very few months in a year) ,

Will using the credit card like this for a few months is fine or will there be any issue?

I tried asking the bank so many times to increase limit but not at all happening

By the way the annual expenditure on the all credit cards for one financial year will not exceed Rs10 Lac.

As long as the bank allows, you can use it. Few banks dont allow expenses beyond credit limit. Maybe its best to apply for similar cards from different banks.

srikant

TF Premier

Yes, if they won't raise limit, ask some other bank -- even a similar limit basically doubles what you can actually spend on cards without this tedium.

No issue with that style of లో-limit-high-usage.

You say all expenditure on CC is within 10L per year.

Income Tax Dept is keeping track of ALL cardholders who spend over 2L per year, per card, besides tracking cash n forex transactions. In this context, it would be better if you could have multiple cards.