• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can Magnus priority pass be used on domestic lounges?

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Does anyone know if Magnus card priority pass can be used on domestic lounge without incurring charges

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Maybe getting this clarified from PP itself is an easier route? Can someone with a magnus try?

(Or maybe not. I don't know if PP decides charge or it just forwards data to bank, and bank decides).

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After some more thinking, my conclusion is, if indeed this is confirmed, I'll take the Magnus plunge and not wait for Infinia.

I'll try to clarify this thru a friend and get back here, but I would really appreciate if someone else can also follow up with cust care about this.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Maybe getting this clarified from PP itself is an easier route? Can someone with a magnus try?

(Or maybe not. I don't know if PP decides charge or it just forwards data to bank, and bank decides).
I may be completely wrong here, but doesn't the lounge receptionist instantly mention if the card is chargeable? In my experience at lounges so far, I inquiry from the receptionist first, then use the card only if lounge access is available(subsidised at ₹2).

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I may be completely wrong here, but doesn't the lounge receptionist instantly mention if the card is chargeable? In my experience at lounges so far, I inquiry from the receptionist first, then use the card only if lounge access is available(subsidised at ₹2).
I have never personally used PP, but I think that's not the case for PP. They just note down your card number, and the number of guests you have. Actual accounting gets done later.

Correct me if I am wrong though.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've used my Magnus PP domestically extensively since I got it and I get charged for it but it gets reversed shortly after a few days.
So what's the case with PP? Is it just as @CardShard said i.e., the lounge receptionist can't tell if it's chargeable, rather they just note the card number and still allow users to pass?

Have you tried other PPs? Is it the same case with all PPs having unlimited lounge access?

vprajnya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
PP used at indian airport and its not charged?
Check if international transactions are disabled. Will be changed in a few days after international transactions are enabled.
If it gets reversed, then thats an additional benefit given by the bank.

There is Lounge at the international terminal in Bangalore specially for Business/First class customers and PP holder.
The person at the gate directly mentioned that most PP issued thru Indian banks charge for entry.
I used my PP issued against Infinia and then never charge.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
PP used at indian airport and its not charged?
Check if international transactions are disabled. Will be changed in a few days after international transactions are enabled.
If it gets reversed, then thats an additional benefit given by the bank.

There is Lounge at the international terminal in Bangalore specially for Business/First class customers and PP holder.
The person at the gate directly mentioned that most PP issued thru Indian banks charge for entry.
I used my PP issued against Infinia and then never charge.
Even in Bangalore, it's international terminal. So I think it'd be counted in 'international' category only. Have you used your PP domestically in India? If so, was a charge incurred, even for the likes of Infinia?

Also, when you say disabling/enabling international transactions, do you mean the primary card or PP? I don't have a separate section for Priority Pass management in the app of my bank.

vprajnya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Even in Bangalore, it's international terminal. So I think it'd be counted in 'international' category only. Have you used your PP domestically in India? If so, was a charge incurred, even for the likes of Infinia?

Also, when you say disabling/enabling international transactions, do you mean the primary card or PP? I don't have a separate section for Priority Pass management in the app of my bank.
I havent used the PP in the domestic part of the airport.
But the international section usage is also under Domestic. Only usage outside India comes under international.

DIsabling/Enabling is for the credit card.
PP does not have these options.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Afaik we cannot turn intl on off for PPs