• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I Use Kotak Dream Different Credit Card For Card To Card Apply?

dhiraz

TF Ace
I am going to book a FD of ₹5,00,000(Five Lakhs) in Kotak Bank to get Kotak Dream Different Secured Credit Card. Can i use this card to get unsecured credit cards like SBI SimplyClick, Baroda Premier, IDFC First Millennia, Indusind Aura Edge etc on Card To Card Basis with higher limit like my Kotak Secured Credit Card.

Currently i have ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Secured Credit Card with the limit of 1,35,000 and i have a cibil score of 779.

CC.png

If you guys have any other suggestion for me please suggest me.

Thanks!

Solution
You can apply but you wont get any.... As kotak report the card as a secured card in cibil... Its better to keep that amount in bank account.. .. For any of the below.... Sbi, kotak, icici, axis or hdfc for 3-6 months.... You will get pre approved offer automatically....

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
You can apply but you wont get any.... As kotak report the card as a secured card in cibil... Its better to keep that amount in bank account.. .. For any of the below.... Sbi, kotak, icici, axis or hdfc for 3-6 months.... You will get pre approved offer automatically....

Solution

dhiraz

TF Ace
You can apply but you wont get any.... As kotak report the card as a secured card in cibil... Its better to keep that amount in bank acc2... For any of the above.... Sbi, kotak, icici, axis or hdfc for 3-6 months.... You will get pre approved offer automatically....
I have multiple bank accounts like HDFC Savings Max, Axis Liberty Savings Account, ICICI Regular Savings Account, Kotak 811, SBI Savings Account and i am maintaining good amount in HDFC Savings Max Account and these account is 3 4 Month Old

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 4.25.39 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 4.25.39 PM (1).jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 4.25.39 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 4.25.39 PM.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 27

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Then distribute that money equally in.......all the accounts.... And do 50000 neft or imps to each account every month till 500000....gets over.... You will most probably get a pre-approved credit card.... Around 50000 limit or more..... My friend did same with idfc....his approved limit was exactly 50000... Bank systems consider heavy regular imps and neft as salary payment......

dhiraz

TF Ace
Then distribute that money equally in.......all the accounts.... And do 50000 neft or imps to each account every month till 500000....gets over.... You will most probably get a pre-approved credit card.... Around 50000 limit or more..... My friend did same with idfc....his approved limit was exactly 50000... Bank systems consider heavy regular imps and neft as salary payment......
Should I open a IDFC First Bank Account of 25k maintaining. Is it a Good Idea??

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Yes... It gives credit card easily if u have previous relationship like bank account or paylater account.... Uts better you open in june if you want... From july... They will start charging for debit card for new customers.... Just open account.... ND DO one heavy neft or imps transfer every month to that account... You will get it in 3-6 months... Or even sooner....

Souvik

TF Premier
Should I open a IDFC First Bank Account of 25k maintaining. Is it a Good Idea??
IDFC allows you to apply online on their website for a credit card without having an account, it would ask for aadhar, pan and suggest cards for you, its optional to take it or not if you like their suggestions.

Since IDFC is a relatively new entrant you may get it easily compared to the bigwigs, who have more bells and whistles on the way. Even for IndusInd you can apply like this on their website.

Try for a credit card without a savings account first (I already see you've a lot of savings accounts which maybe hard to manage at once), also a lot depends if you're salaried or self-employed as a pay slip helps at times.

Try for Amazon Pay ICICI credit card from Amazon app if you shop on amazon and you're a fan of direct cashbacks !

Souvik

TF Premier
Yes... It gives credit card easily if u have previous relationship like bank account or paylater account.... Uts better you open in june if you want... From july... They will start charging for debit card for new customers.... Just open account.... ND DO one heavy neft or imps transfer every month to that account... You will get it in 3-6 months... Or even sooner....
Are you sure, IDFC would start charging for new customer DC's come July 2022. Notice board is still devoid of any such arguments https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/notice-board

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
You Can Use The Following 5L In The Below Case Scenario

1. Open A HDFC Preferred Account With 2L MAB
2. Upgrade Your ICICI Bank Account To 'The One' With 1L MAB
3. Open A Axis Bank Priority/IndusInd Bank Exclusive Account With 2L MAB

In The Next 3-6 Months You'll Be Getting Many CC Offers

After That It's Your Choice That You Wanna Keep The Account Or Not. Because Then You Can Apply C2C With The Unsecured CC

Note : If You Apply For Secured CC You'll Won't Be Getting Pre-Approved Offers (In General Case Scenario)

Souvik

TF Premier

After That It's Your Choice That You Wanna Keep The Account Or Not. Because Then You Can Apply C2C With The Unsecured CC

Note : If You Apply For Secured CC You'll Won't Be Getting Pre-Approved Offers (In General Case Scenario)
The split of 5L is quite impressive, however he already has a number of savings accounts. He should close a few before opening some more premium ones as you've mentioned.

dhiraz

TF Ace
After your suggestion i just open IDFC First Bank Signature Account :p.

IDFC.png

Let's See What Happens After Some Time.

dhiraz

TF Ace
Thank You So Much For Your Detailed 5L Split I Love This :love:

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
After your suggestion i just open IDFC First Bank Signature Account :p.

IDFC.png

Let's See What Happens After Some Time.
One Suggestion For You... Close All The NeoBank(Use Jupiter Only For Day 2 Day UPI Transactions. It Will Be Helpful In Future For Getting A CC From Federal Bank) And Then Close All The Regular Accounts... Use Only Mid-Tier Or Premium Accounts.... And When You'll Get The CC Keep Those Accounts Only If You Like The Product... Rest Close Them All

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Best course of action for you is to apply for Apay cc. You will get inflated or at least similar limit to your platinum, but the important point is it will be unsecured.

Then you can use that to get any number of cards from banks that are willing to offer C2C cards. Not all the cards you listed might be available for c2c applications.

I'm telling this from personal experience, I had instant platinum secured cc with FD of 12k and limit of 10.8k
After almost a year, I applied for apay card, got limit of 1.8 lacs, now its 2 lacs due to one LE offer just couple of days ago.

Now I've 9 other unsecured CC. I also have kotak secured CC, trust me its not worth the investment of the 5 lacs.

Last edited:

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Best course of action for you is to apply for Apay cc. You will get inflated or at least similar limit to your platinum, but the important point is it will be unsecured.

Then you can use that to get any number of cards from banks that are willing to offer C2C cards. Not all the cards you listed might be available for c2c applications.

I'm telling this from personal experience, I had instant platinum secured cc with FD of 12k and limit of 10.8k
After almost a year, I applied for apay card, got limit of 1.8 lacs, now its 2 lacs due to one LE offer just couple of days ago.

Now I've 9 other unsecured CC. I also have kotak secured CC, trust me its not worth the investment of the 5 lacs.
Can we get apay card on basis of platinum secured card....?? ×after how many months of platinum card can we apply for it... Do we have to enter card number of platinum card while applying...for apay card. How was the process... Was your application instantly approved... Or you had to submit any documents... Or any home or income verification...??