• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice regarding kotak 811 dream different credit card

danish

TF Ace
I have applied for 15 k limit kotak fd card . I want some advice about how to get upgarde or limit enhancement on kotak fd card ,any spending patterns or advice that would help me to get l.e or card upgarde to un secured one .

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Some have gotten pre approved offers from Kotak and their fd amount was returned.

If this is your first card then use it pay on time try not to go over 50% usage, once your credit score builds you should get pre approved offers from other banks. There’s quiet a few on here who started getting pre approved offers about 2 months later. If in your cibil the card is listed as unsecured after about 6 months you can try to apply for unsecured cards through c2c method.

But from what I have read on this forum Kotak is generally generous with limit enhancements and sometimes increase limit or even gave u secured cards for fd based cards.

Don’t unnecessarily make spends on the card in hopes for getting unsecured. Just use it normally making sure to pay bills before due date.

Also try to use the debit card linked to the 811 savings account and keep a decent balance on it. Also in 811 try to check your credit scores once in a while. It should trigger a pre approved offer in future.

danish

TF Ace
well in that case, answers to your queries as follows..

Before that traditionally and since a long time, Secured cards AKA FD Based cards usually doesn't get limit enhancements. If you want more limit, have to deposit more money in FD. And whenever you close FD, it automatically closes the FD card. It really hurts credit age, especially if it is the first card. So, the longer you keep, the longer history you loose with FD card whenever it got closed. And doesn't work for upgrades because that requires closing the card.

This is what most banks usually follows w.r.t FD based cards.

Kotak on the other hand till now followed this procedure, and surprisingly last year it increased credit limit for some cards without additional FD (which also helps them to upgrade higher card without breaking the card).

Spending pattern, do use 30-40% limit and pay on time but ideally it is not sure way, whenever their system sees your card needs more limit, they will notify you until then atleast try to achieve those milestone benefits, and hope for the best.

You can spend more and may get the offer but that also makes you loose potential reward rate with other cards. Kotak 811 not a bad card and definitely not a good one either, so use wherever you found useful only without unnecessary and check with other banks (once your credit score decent) for better offers, IMO.
i am thinking to spend 100 percent limit and pay 60 percent before bill generation , whats your advice on this

I have applied for 15 k limit kotak fd card . I want some advice about how to get upgarde or limit enhancement on kotak fd card ,any spending patterns or advice that would help me to get l.e or card upgarde to un secured one .
My Mother's 1 year old card was upgraded to League Platinum CC and fixed deposit was returned. It was pre-approved offer. I had good spends on it and good credit score, this might be the reason. Didn't maintain any balance on account. Now, it has been upgraded to Mojo Platinum (Paid).

My sister didn't got card upgrade offer but she got limit enhancement offer on her dream different card which is 6 months old or less. Her FD was not returned though. She didn't have good spends, just transacted sometimes on Amazon/Flipkart. Didn't maintain any balance either.

Pro Tips:
1) Keep your utilisation ratio under 30% if possible. You can spend more by pre-paying.

2) Spend in websites like Amazon, Flipkart, EMI would be cheery on the cake (only if you need and it is no cost emi offered by amazon/flipkart).

3) Check your credit score on the 811 App and refresh it frequently.

4) Don't expect LTF upgrade offer. You can negotiate after few months to make it LTF.

danish

TF Ace
My Mother's 1 year old card was upgraded to League Platinum CC and fixed deposit was returned. It was pre-approved offer. I had good spends on it and good credit score, this might be the reason. Didn't maintain any balance on account. Now, it has been upgraded to Mojo Platinum (Paid).

My sister didn't got card upgrade offer but she got limit enhancement offer on her dream different card which is 6 months old or less. Her FD was not returned though. She didn't have good spends, just transacted sometimes on Amazon/Flipkart. Didn't maintain any balance either.

Pro Tips:
1) Keep your utilisation ration under 30% if possible. You can spend more by pre-paying.

2) Spend in websites like Amazon, Flipkart, EMI would be cheery on the cake (only if you need and it is no cost emi offered by amazon/flipkart).

3) Check your credit score on the 811 App and refresh it frequently.

4) Don't expect LTF upgrade offer. You can negotiate after few months to make it LTF.
yeah that i am thinking pre paying , i will use 80 to 100 percent then make it under 20 to 25 percent by pre paying before bill generation , can you please tell i should keep 20 or 25 percent utilisation ratio , what were your utilsation after bill generation

danish

TF Ace
Some have gotten pre approved offers from Kotak and their fd amount was returned.

If this is your first card then use it pay on time try not to go over 50% usage, once your credit score builds you should get pre approved offers from other banks. There’s quiet a few on here who started getting pre approved offers about 2 months later. If in your cibil the card is listed as unsecured after about 6 months you can try to apply for unsecured cards through c2c method.

But from what I have read on this forum Kotak is generally generous with limit enhancements and sometimes increase limit or even gave u secured cards for fd based cards.

Don’t unnecessarily make spends on the card in hopes for getting unsecured. Just use it normally making sure to pay bills before due date.

Also try to use the debit card linked to the 811 savings account and keep a decent balance on it. Also in 811 try to check your credit scores once in a while. It should trigger a pre approved offer in future.
no i have other card also but low limit 10k (unsecured)

my main focus is to increase limt i need a high limit around 30 to 40 k
If you have other cards with even 10k limit and cibil score of 750+
Then you should have just checked your score on 811 app and you would have got pre approved offer within a week.

I would suggest you to open account in HDFC (10k MAB) and transact with debit card anywhere every month. Within 3 4 months you will receive pre approved MoneyBack card with limit upto 50k.
If you have patience to wait for 6-9 months then the offer will be upgraded to Millenia/Regalia with limit upto 1L.

Or, try increasing the limit of your already available card by doing more FD (50k would be ok) and apply via C2C method. BTW, which card do you have?

danish

TF Ace
Then you should have just checked your score on 811 app and you would have got pre approved offer within a week.

I would suggest you to open account in HDFC (10k MAB) and transact with debit card anywhere every month. Within 3 4 months you will receive pre approved MoneyBack card with limit upto 50k.
If you have patience to wait for 6-9 months then the offer will be upgraded to Millenia/Regalia with limit upto 1L.

Or, try increasing the limit of your already available card by doing more FD (50k would be ok) and apply via C2C method. BTW, which card do you have?
hdfc preapproved freedom card , it was my mistake because i chose low varaint card that why i got low limit i got 3 option indail oil , money back and freedom i should chose money at least i would got some more limit and i got preapproved offer with 28 days of account opening

danish

TF Ace

i will use kotak bank card till 20 january if limit increase ok or else i will close

danish

TF Ace

after that i got debit card emi it was around 70 k i used 15 k , at that time was keeping my account balance upto 60 k , but as soon as i lowed by balance around 8k , they removed my remaing preapproved limit ,

danish

TF Ace
when i had high balance an my debit card spending was also high every month i would get an preapprove offer my account is only 4 months old but i am attached to classic banking program. but as of now i am having low balance it has been a months no offer till now

doraemon

TF Ace
I had kotak fd 811 card but 2 years ago I closed it... now I want this fd credit card again but I unable to do that every time error came u have already kotak credit card holder ..can anyone help me how to get kotak fd credit card 2nd time is this possible online or its only possible via branch ?
Did u got any answer to that question dude?