• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying a prepaid card using credit card

navonline7

TF Premier
I need to pay my kids' school fees and want to use my AMEX card. The school doesn't accept AMEX cards, so I'm exploring if I can get a prepaid card using my AMEX card and pay the fees. Any ideas or ways around this?

Last edited:

navonline7

TF Premier
2% processing fee is a little high considering that the school fee is more than a lakh. In addition, it looks like prepaid/gift cards may not be the right instruments in this case. If not prepaid/gift cards, any other way out? @Abhishek012

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
2% processing fee is a little high considering that the school fee is more than a lakh. In addition, it looks like prepaid/gift cards may not be the right instruments in this case. If not prepaid/gift cards, any other way out? @Abhishek012
Prepaid gift card limit is - 10k

Prepaid card limit is - 1 lakh.

You can't pay more than 1 lakh via prepaid cards.

If your kid's school added on BBPS system then go to Amazon and pay your kid's school fees here - https://www.amazon.in/hfc/bill/education_fee?ref_=apay_mobhome_EducationFees

All school list added on BBPS system here, scroll down and check all school list - https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/bharat-billpay/product-statistics/live-billers

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Best solution:
Use rent pay to self option in paytm or anything via Amex cc and at school swipe ur debit card minimal charge with paytm in first week of a month.
I need to pay my kids' school fees and want to use my AMEX card. The school doesn't accept AMEX cards, so I'm exploring if I can get a prepaid card using my AMEX card and pay the fees. Any ideas or ways around this?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Can you elaborate "first week of a month"
See my paytm ss below where I am currently getting 1k as offer so even they charge 1% it’s nil for me to 1lakh for wife account or own account transfer.
In month beginning I used to get flat 0.5% for all transactions like rent school fee everything they used to change offers daily and it’s different from all users

Attachments

• 4AB53610-D1E8-4F1C-8B1F-FE1FEB76563D.jpeg
    4AB53610-D1E8-4F1C-8B1F-FE1FEB76563D.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 19