• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB home branch change online.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently opened a Bob B3 plus account. At the time of opening the account only one branch was available to select as my home branch. I decided to go for it and change it after my account gets opened.
Now my account has been opened and there is a option to change branch in net-banking but they are asking me to visit the branch where I want to get my account transferred.
I there any other way to change home branch where there is no requirement of physical visit required and everything can done online.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Bob web we can just update ppf details thru web ppf opening possible only thru branch or bob world app. Bob to my surprise CC got connected in less than 1 min. Took 5 mins for hdfc and 10min minimum for icici always 😅.

Icici wealth u never know if they have provision to open on one time fund allocation to account.

Hdfc in my case showing in app and not in website. CC OF hdfc is pathetic. They dont know whats happening.
When did you try bob world ppf? The app don't work after 9pm.
Try tomorrow then or visit the branch.😅

kjs

TF Premier
When did you try bob world ppf? The app don't work after 9pm.
Try tomorrow then or visit the branch.😅
No i tried in the afternoon. Tried with Android app it shows branch as blank when filling ppf details and with iOS it throws error. I am not opening as there are chances it cN get stuck some where and I dont want to visit branch again for ppf thing.

This ppf account related issues have a long story. It was 1993 account which was used till 2019 and then inactive and was transferred to city B from A in 2019 and then from B to C in 2023 with lot of efforts over email and then at C planned to start payed all dues till 2019 then bank ppl telling it was unused aftr 2019 so need to close and open a new one. So visited 3 times already. The branch that i go is a passbook branch its like ppl come to fill only their passbooks most of the time what i have seen and its always crowded

AritraSaha

TF Legend
No i tried in the afternoon. Tried with Android app it shows branch as blank when filling ppf details and with iOS it throws error. I am not opening as there are chances it cN get stuck some where and I dont want to visit branch again for ppf thing.

This ppf account related issues have a long story. It was 1993 account which was used till 2019 and then inactive and was transferred to city B from A in 2019 and then from B to C in 2023 with lot of efforts over email and then at C planned to start payed all dues till 2019 then bank ppl telling it was unused aftr 2019 so need to close and open a new one. So visited 3 times already. The branch that i go is a passbook branch its like ppl come to fill only their passbooks most of the time what i have seen and its always crowded
Thats how most psu work.
I am not sure if the ppf account can be closed in that way. It works in 5years blocks.
Plz create a thread, so that appropriate ppl can help you.🙏

Reactions: kjs

kjs

TF Premier
Thats how most psu work.
I am not sure if the ppf account can be closed in that way. It works in 5years blocks.
Plz create a thread, so that appropriate ppl can help you.🙏
It was last rewened is 2019 after that not used so ideally there should have been a transaction till 2020(1yr) if not then it has to be closed as per govt rules as informed by bank. Will try open today if it doesn't then will open in some other bank no patience of going agin to branch.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I opended a BOB Advantage SB account today, vkyc done, Acc. no. and CIF no. got through SMS. But cannot login through BOB World app, since debit card is not availiable (not applied), and I don't have the user ID either that I can login to netbanking. What should I do now ? The 'Forget user ID' option gives error.

romilq

TF Ace
I opended a BOB Advantage SB account today, vkyc done, Acc. no. and CIF no. got through SMS. But cannot login through BOB World app, since debit card is not availiable (not applied), and I don't have the user ID either that I can login to netbanking. What should I do now ? The 'Forget user ID' option gives error.
Welcome to BOB!

pprakash11

TF Prestige
New Users can't login to BOB World app, until further notice from RBI till the ban is lifted.

Also since you don't have DC, you first need to apply by visiting branch, and then Only you will be able to create and login to net banking.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
New Users can't login to BOB World app, until further notice from RBI till the ban is lifted.

Also since you don't have DC, you first need to apply by visiting branch, and then Only you will be able to create and login to net banking.
Damm, like just login is restricted ? I thought only onboarding through BOB world is, the B3 accounts. The account opening was completely through website. Probably will recieve welcome kit too, since Advantage SBA. Thought BOB was doing better in terms of PSU banks, but branch supremacy still exists.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Damm, like just login is restricted ?
Yes. New on boarding of any kind of accounts is suspended, also existing users if deregister (like me), aren't able to register again.
I thought only onboarding through BOB world is, the B3 accounts. The account opening was completely through website. Probably will recieve welcome kit too, since Advantage SBA.
If DC will be there in welcome kit, then no issues.
Thought BOB was doing better in terms of PSU banks, but branch supremacy still exists.
It's doing better no need to visit branch for DC issuance. But first time to problem hota hi hai

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Yes. New on boarding of any kind of accounts is suspended, also existing users if deregister (like me), aren't able to register again.

If DC will be there in welcome kit, then no issues.

It's doing better no need to visit branch for DC issuance. But first time to problem hota hi hai
Can you confirm if the User ID and CIF is same in BoB SB acc ?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I
Damm, like just login is restricted ? I thought only onboarding through BOB world is, the B3 accounts. The account opening was completely through website. Probably will recieve welcome kit too, since Advantage SBA. Thought BOB was doing better in terms of PSU banks, but branch supremacy still exists.
I learned it the hard way.
While trying to reset the app login/tpin it defaults to mobile app deregister in netbanking.
Now I cannot use the app anymore 😕

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I have gained access to Bob internet banking, but cannot login to Bob world app, since I have no debit card. I was planning to get a virtual debit card. Is it possible to get virtual debit card from internet banking?