• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BoB card bill overdue

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
Hello,

I missed my BoB CC bill payment by few days. Due date was on 6th Mar but I paid the bill on 17th Mar. Though it is a late payment, it didn’t exceed 30 days overdue period, so technically it shouldn’t be shown in CIBIL report. Has anyone had same experience ? Suggest me whether it will show in report causing a drop in credit score or just be fixed by a late payment fee of 100rs, which is charged though and I am okay with 100 rupees fee. That is not a big thing compared to CIBIL score hit.

Solution
Hello,

I missed my BoB CC bill payment by few days. Due date was on 6th Mar but I paid the bill on 17th Mar. Though it is a late payment, it didn’t exceed 30 days overdue period, so technically it shouldn’t be shown in CIBIL report. Has anyone had same experience ? Suggest me whether it will show in report causing a drop in credit score or just be fixed by a late payment fee of 100rs, which is charged though and I am okay with 100 rupees fee. That is not a big thing compared to CIBIL score hit.

Payment Due Date: At any cost, they have to receive our payment by this date in their records.

Grace period (as per RBI rule): Due Date + 3 days, to compensate last moment payment credits.

Anything beyond, will result in...

Gaara

TF Ace
Hello,

There's a chance it might not be reported. But it's not guaranteed. Some issuers report any late payment, regardless of how late. To be safe, keep an eye on your credit report in a few weeks.

helloworld

TF Legend
Hello,

Payment Due Date: At any cost, they have to receive our payment by this date in their records.

Grace period (as per RBI rule): Due Date + 3 days, to compensate last moment payment credits.

Anything beyond, will result in late payment charges (it includes everything like billed or unbilled) and a huge impact in CIBIL if they didn't receive minimum due within Due date.

Though it is a late payment, it didn’t exceed 30 days overdue period, so technically it shouldn’t be shown in CIBIL report.

Could you share where you got this information? Because AFAIK its false and would like to know its source. They'll report if they didn't receive Due date + 3 days. 30 days is long and show remark in our CIBIL report.

The following info available in each bank statement, do refer.. and below is from BOB

1710773171760.png

1710773231223.png

There are so many charges you have to pay now, do check the netbanking meanwhile get in touch with bank to avoid CIBIL reports. You can try but its hard to convince them.

Solution

Vishnubs

TF Buzz

Anything beyond, will result in late payment charges (it includes everything like billed or unbilled) and a huge impact in CIBIL if they didn't receive minimum due within Due date.

Could you share where you got this information? Because AFAIK its false and would like to know its source. They'll report if they didn't receive Due date + 3 days. 30 days is long and show remark in our CIBIL report.

The following info available in each bank statement, do refer.. and below is from BOB

1710773171760.png

1710773231223.png

There are so many charges you have to pay now, do check the netbanking meanwhile get in touch with bank to avoid CIBIL reports. You can try but its hard to convince them.
According to this SMA0 will not be tracked ? I saw it in CIBIL score simulator. It gives me option of miss payment by 30, 60 and 90 days. So what I asked. More suggestions welcome.

helloworld

TF Legend
According to this SMA0 will not be tracked ? I saw it in CIBIL score simulator. It gives me option of miss payment by 30, 60 and 90 days. So what I asked. More suggestions welcome.

this is one area, you should not experiment, yet you did and believed that sub par score simulator. anyway, let me know the impact in by next month. Also, do let me know the interest charged etc. by BOB for this missing payment. And, is it worth it?

Note: People who missed 2 days also reported by banks and tanked their score 20 to 50 points depends on overall impact. Anycase, I never tried this so very much would like to know.

And for future reference, whether you believe or not, only one thing matter with CIBIL score and that is "on time payment", remaining all like CUR, cards, accounts all are temporary. Based on my experience with CIBIL and other posts related to it..

girish3456

TF Premier
Hello,

It's all depends on when your bank is going to report the payment status every month to cibil and other credit bureaus in india.

Basically this information will be there in your cibil report. Just check once under last payment update details. You may find it. Few bank report on the same day when the bill gets generated and few report it on the last day of the month. It purely depends on bank to bank.

I have HDFC & IDFC First bank cards which is reporting every month end & PNB credit card which is reporting on 8th of every month i.e., my bill generation date

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024_0320_050741~2.png
    Screenshot_2024_0320_050741~2.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 20

Pk1155

TF Buzz
My uncle had an emi which got deducted two days after the due date even though amount was there in account and auto debit was being used. The payment was late by two days because of an issue on their side and it was still reported to credit bureaus as late payment by 2 days. So I think it might be reported. But it depends on issuer again.

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
It's all depends on when your bank is going to report the payment status every month to cibil and other credit bureaus in india.

Basically this information will be there in your cibil report. Just check once under last payment update details. You may find it. Few bank report on the same day when the bill gets generated and few report it on the last day of the month. It purely depends on bank to bank.

I have HDFC & IDFC First bank cards which is reporting every month end & PNB credit card which is reporting on 8th of every month i.e., my bill generation date
My last payment was updated on 29 Feb by Bank of Baroda, and due date for last bill was Mar 6th and I made payment on Mar 17th. So next when they update it by 30 th Mar, assuming end of month, I cleared dues including late fee of 100 rupees. So I think there are chance it doesn't come in report considering due is cleared by the time they report on 30 March. My guess could be wrong, but a hope. Should I call BoB now ask to waive off late payment fee so that it doesn't get updated in CIBIL as late payment ? Or should I just leave it as it is now, doing nothing ? Thought of sending them email asking to NOT report to CIBIL but it would be like triggering them to report late payments when the matter seems normal now. No idea how to approach. Some one share your thoughts.

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
My uncle had an emi which got deducted two days after the due date even though amount was there in account and auto debit was being used. The payment was late by two days because of an issue on their side and it was still reported to credit bureaus as late payment by 2 days. So I think it might be reported. But it depends on issuer again.
My last payment was updated on 29 Feb by Bank of Baroda, and due date for last bill was Mar 6th and I made payment on Mar 17th. So next when they update it by 30 th Mar, assuming end of month, I cleared dues including late fee of 100 rupees. So I think there are chance it doesn't come in report considering due is cleared by the time they report on 30 March. My guess could be wrong, but a hope. Should I call BoB now ask to waive off late payment fee so that it doesn't get updated in CIBIL as late payment ? Or should I just leave it as it is now, doing nothing ? Thought of sending them email asking to NOT report to CIBIL but it would be like triggering them to report late payments when the matter seems normal now. No idea how to approach. Some one share your thoughts

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
When was the due date and when was the date reported to CIBIL by Bank ?

Hello,

I missed HDFC card payments 4 times intermittently. Delay was below 5 days. It still shows in my CIBIL REPORT

Pk1155

TF Buzz
When was the due date and when was the date reported to CIBIL by Bank ?
The due date was on 10th, the payment was done on 12th due to auto debit issues. But still it reflected in the next month credit score. I think you can contact your bank and ask them not to report late payment as a one time gesture, I'm pretty sure they'll oblige if you're convincing.

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
The due date was on 10th, the payment was done on 12th due to auto debit issues. But still it reflected in the next month credit score. I think you can contact your bank and ask them not to report late payment as a one time gesture, I'm pretty sure they'll oblige if you're convincing.
Yeah, I wrote a mail asking not to report. Let's see how they respond.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello,

Bob reports to cibil on 30/31 of the month.. by April 1st - 2nd you see any effect in CIBIL score

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
I asked BoB Financials to NOT report it as a late payment and this is how they replied to my email. Now what does that mean ? Will it gaurantee that late payment don't come in CIBIL report or it's just a reversal of charges ? Not sure. I asked them something and they replied saying they will waive off the charges, but didn't say anything about reporting to CIBIL. Also, do late payment fee waiver show in CIBIL again as written / waived off ? That would even worsen my profile.

Dear Cardholder,

Greetings from Bobcard Limited

With reference to the trail mail, we wish to inform you that we are reversing the charges of Rs.137.10/-which was charged in your card account.

The reversal will reflect in your next month billing statement.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Card Operations
Bobcard Limited

helloworld

TF Legend
I asked BoB Financials to NOT report it as a late payment and this is how they replied to my email. Now what does that mean ? Will it gaurantee that late payment don't come in CIBIL report or it's just a reversal of charges ? Not sure. I asked them something and they replied saying they will waive off the charges, but didn't say anything about reporting to CIBIL. Also, do late payment fee waiver show in CIBIL again as written / waived off ? That would even worsen my profile.

Dear Cardholder,

Greetings from Bobcard Limited

With reference to the trail mail, we wish to inform you that we are reversing the charges of Rs.137.10/-which was charged in your card account.

The reversal will reflect in your next month billing statement.

Thanks & Regards,

Card Operations
Bobcard Limited

this mail is only about reversal of charges, nothing related to CIBIL. They may or maynot report it, as per their wish. YOu can reply ask the same. Written-off usually after 3 months, if bank not able to recover.

Last edited:

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
this mail is only about reversal of charges, nothing related to CIBIL. They may or maynot report it, as per their wish. YOu can reply ask the same. Written-off usually after 3 months, if bank not able to recover.
"Written-off usually after 3 months, if bank not able to recover." - This doesn't apply to Late payment charges right ? It's just the fee which bank is waiving off.

Vishnubs

TF Buzz
Got a reply like this:-

Dear Sir,

Greetings of the Day !!

We refer to below e-mail, we would like to state that the CIBIL/other CICs are updated for the total card base once in a month after billing. The last month Payment history has been updated in the current month & current month's payment history will be reflected in the CIBIL next month i.e.Apr'24.

We request you to check the same after 12th of April'24 month and confirm us about the resolution.

Thanks & Regards
Card Operations
BOBCARD LIMITED.
(formerly known as BoB Financial Solutions Limited)