• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to redeem 125,000 Amex Plat points?

redmanc

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I was offered an upgrade to Amex Plat with 125000 bonus points as joining/upgrade offer. I was wondering about what is the best redemption for the same.

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Received the upgrade offer on existing MRCC and applied yesterday. Existing card details were taken but I have not heard anything from Amex yet. Did anyone else apply and received any communication. Thanks.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Received the upgrade offer on existing MRCC and applied yesterday. Existing card details were taken but I have not heard anything from Amex yet. Did anyone else apply and received any communication. Thanks.
Applied on Friday.. not heard anything yet.. checked with customer care twice they saying to wait for 2-3 working days.. this is unnecessary wait.. could have just finished the process in one go..

redmanc

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I filled up and received a mail from AMEX (in 2 days). Soon the same Amex guy, from whose account the mail was sent, did a follow up call. A link was in email using that I had to fill the form (standard AMEX). No KYC is required. He explained me the benefits over the call. I asked for some time (havent filled the form) as I am still debating whether to take this card or not.

theglobalinvestor

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just chking my old emails, this is the 3rd time I have been offered the upgrade in last 3 years.. but this yrs offer is best at 125k MR points.. last year was 55k Taj vouchers.. Year before was 115k MR points.. looks like i might end up taking this year..

Also i chked with customer care, they are only offering Plat Reserve as LTF with Platinum Charge.. they are not willing to convert my MRCC and Plat Travel LTF.. @BestBanker also confirmed the same
What additional benefit does Reserve offer if you already have Plat Charge, Travel and MRCC?

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I filled up and received a mail from AMEX (in 2 days). Soon the same Amex guy, from whose account the mail was sent, did a follow up call. A link was in email using that I had to fill the form (standard AMEX). No KYC is required. He explained me the benefits over the call. I asked for some time (havent filled the form) as I am still debating whether to take this card or not.
Thanks for the update. This card is worth taking (atleast for the first year) if we know how to extract the full value of the joining benefits. With Amex offers and additional memberships combined the first year is easy. Renewal will definitely going to be tricky.

theglobalinvestor

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the update. This card is worth taking (atleast for the first year) if we know how to extract the full value of the joining benefits. With Amex offers and additional memberships combined the first year is easy. Renewal will definitely going to be tricky.
Please advise how to extract max value. I've spent about 10L on it within the 3 months I've had this card and got about 60k points so far.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I still haven’t received any email or anything for them to further move ahead in application. How about you?
Applying for Platinum Charge card itself isn’t turning to be great experience (when they only sent upgrade offer) and with such high fees. Now i am seriously contemplating whether to even take this card with 70k fees if this is the customer service level.

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I still haven’t received any email or anything for them to further move ahead in application. How about you?
Applying for Platinum Charge card itself isn’t turning to be great experience (when they only sent upgrade offer) and with such high fees. Now i am seriously contemplating whether to even take this card with 70k fees if this is the customer service level.
Series of events-
Applied on Monday evening.
Got a call on Tuesday which I missed.
Called the customer care on Thursday to check the application status and they promised a callback.
Immediately got a call from them. The guy explained the details and asked me submit the standard Amex application form.
VKYC was done.
Received the card on Saturday.

Basically it took only 3 days starting from application till card delivery(excluding the days when I missed to respond to their call) Excellent service by Amex. I am impressed. So I would suggest you call them to check.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Series of events-
Applied on Monday evening.
Got a call on Tuesday which I missed.
Called the customer care on Thursday to check the application status and they promised a callback.
Immediately got a call from them. The guy explained the details and asked me submit the standard Amex application form.
VKYC was done.
Received the card on Saturday.

Basically it took only 3 days starting from application till card delivery(excluding the days when I missed to respond to their call) Excellent service by Amex. I am impressed. So I would suggest you call them to check.
I haven’t received any call or email. Already called twice and had chat on app few times. So my experience has been quite opposite of your experience.

vibrant143

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have got the same offer in email but the card comes with a membership fee of 71k including taxes. Is it worth the membership fee?
In my opinion, the card is good for those who frequently stay in 5 star hotel in particular Marriott hotel. This is basically hotel specific card as it offers gold or equal status in marriot Hilton taj etc … . It is good for international travel but just okay for domestic travel. With 125000 points For 1st year as joining benefit is good .
You will get good retention offer only if you spend more than 10lakh on plat charge card.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Basic query - With this card does the existing Marriott account gets upgraded to gold or a new account is created as gold? And if new account is created what happens to Marriott Bonvoy points in existing account?