• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to redeem 125,000 Amex Plat points?

redmanc

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I was offered an upgrade to Amex Plat with 125000 bonus points as joining/upgrade offer. I was wondering about what is the best redemption for the same.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
also, if might ask, what feature of plat is most appealing to you? i might not go ahead with the upgrade but just wanted to know whats the benefit people see in getting such premium cards! :)

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
also, if might ask, what feature of plat is most appealing to you? i might not go ahead with the upgrade but just wanted to know whats the benefit people see in getting such premium cards! :)
Elite tier memberships that are offered especially the gold status with Marriot bonvoy and Hilton honours apart from them you also get Radisson and Taj Epicure membership , also PP lounges in busy airports like Dubai etc are pretty crowded , it’s better to have other options , also the 3x rewards on international spends .
And also to be frank the status quo associated with plat charge .
If I were to give above 50k for a credit card then I think I would also be going in for the status associated with the card .

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Elite tier memberships that are offered especially the gold status with Marriot bonvoy and Hilton honours apart from them you also get Radisson and Taj Epicure membership , also PP lounges in busy airports like Dubai etc are pretty crowded , it’s better to have other options , also the 3x rewards on international spends .
And also to be frank the status quo associated with plat charge .
If I were to give above 50k for a credit card then I think I would also be going in for the status associated with the card .
Still I will only upgrade if given those 1.25 lakhs MR points , if not then won’t proceed

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So I opted for the upgrade and clicked on the email link but instead of asking for income details, pan no etc it just asked for card no and dob like normal offers registration and i got an email saying thanks for enrolling of upgrade offer similar to email we get for registration of offers like insurance etc.. when i had used upgrade for mrcc to plat travel few months back, i was asked all income details, pan and vkyc was done..

Others who have got this offer and if using the offer can you confirm what’s happening in your case?

@BestBanker you have any idea on this? Thanks

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Checked with customer care, this is the normal process for this offer. They will capture current card details, generate application no at backend in few days and get back for more documents if required.

Also i read the detailed t&c, this was mentioned

b. For Cardmembers who opt for an upgrade through their existing American Express Credit Cards (viz. American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card, American Express® Platinum Travel Credit card, American Express® Membership Rewards Credit Card etc.): Cardmembers would be required to apply through an online application process through a web link provided by American Express and accordingly a new American Express Platinum Card Account would be issued to them. As part of this offer, any one American Express Credit held by the Cardmember (In the priority order American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card / American Express Membership Rewards® Credit Card / American Express SmartEarn™ Credit Card ) held by a Cardmember would be made complimentary for life as long as, the Cardmember maintains the Upgraded American Express® Platinum Card. In case the American Express® Platinum Card is cancelled/not renewed, annual fee would start getting levied on the Card which was converted to a Lifetime Complimentary Credit Card.

So this means Platinum Travel will become life time free as long as one holds Platinum Charge card.