• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to pay monthly post paid Vi Bill? (Have used Amazon offers so thats over)

insight

TF Ace
Best way to pay monthly post paid Vi Bill? (Have used Amazon offers so that's over)

I currently have:

Magnus
SBI CB (recently got)
Amazon ICICI

Is there better way to pay these monthly? With one time offers or long term discount/ cashbacks?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Best way to pay monthly post paid Vi Bill? (Have used Amazon offers so that's over)

I currently have:

Magnus
SBI CB (recently got)
Amazon ICICI

Is there better way to pay these monthly? With one time offers or long term discount/ cashbacks?
The first thing you should do is switch from Vi. 🤭

It's better to use the Rupay Platinum offer.

Please refer to this thread:

insight

TF Ace
The first thing you should do is switch from Vi. 🤭
Haha! Might go to JIO but so far Vi used to have best signals in Mumbai. USED TO.
It's better to use the Rupay Platinum offer.

Please refer to this thread:

I'll look into that and get back.

insight

TF Ace
You can use the SBI CB to buy Amazon gift vouchers on Amazon and add them to your Amazon Pay balance. You'll get 5% cashback and can pay the bill using APay balance.
I guess the old way to max that is the only way I've been reading about.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
What benefits does it have? % ? Savings?

Airtel has poor signal wherever I have been in Mumbai, since a long time so its a no go until I move elsewhere.
1499 plan (1770 rs after GST)

5 member + Netflix 499 subscription + total 320 GB

Per member cost after deduction Netflix's cost = 254 rs
Per member Data available =60 GB

20 GB extra

Airtel card 300 rs cashback

insight

TF Ace
You can use the SBI CB to buy Amazon gift vouchers on Amazon and add them to your Amazon Pay balance. You'll get 5% cashback and can pay the bill using APay balance.
I heard that SBI CB wasnt working on Amazon GVs anymore?

Does it still work directly?

And the new trick was to buy GVs from a 3rd party GC site. I just did that.

I just did this for experiment to try it out using the "secret"site that we DMed for.

PS: Does SBI CB not directly give 5% directly via Vi App or website or some other site with direct payment?

This is quite a lot of round about :)

drsel

TF Legend
SBI cashback does not give any cashback for utility bill payments directly on Vi or Jio or Airtel app/website, nor for gift voucher purchases.

Hence you have to use the secret site which you should not make public, or else SBI will block it

insight

TF Ace
SBI cashback does not give any cashback for utility bill payments directly on Vi or Jio or Airtel app/website, nor for gift voucher purchases.

Hence you have to use the secret site which you should not make public, or else SBI will block it
Ok. Thanks,

Also, how & where to check this: (PS: I was unwell and on bed for several years due to health medical issue so catching up it seems like an age)

RajeshV

TF Premier
I heard that SBI CB wasnt working on Amazon GVs anymore?

Does it still work directly?

And the new trick was to buy GVs from a 3rd party GC site. I just did that.

I just did this for experiment to try it out using the "secret"site that we DMed for.

PS: Does SBI CB not directly give 5% directly via Vi App or website or some other site with direct payment?

This is quite a lot of round about :)
No, it works for Amazon gift vouchers bought in Amazon itself (they probably aren't reporting the right MCC).

helloworld

TF Legend
1499 plan (1770 rs after GST)

5 member + Netflix 499 subscription + total 320 GB

Per member cost after deduction Netflix's cost = 254 rs
Per member Data available =60 GB

20 GB extra

Airtel card 300 rs cashback

What benefit does postpaid has over prepaid? I'm not understanding why people prefer postpaid when unlimited available for prepaid too //once upon a time that is the major difference.

RajeshV

TF Premier
What benefit does postpaid has over prepaid? I'm not understanding why people prefer postpaid when unlimited available for prepaid too //once upon a time that is the major difference.
Your price is usually locked in with Postpaid unlike with Prepaid.

And ofcourse, there's the free OTT, preferrential support and maybe network priority.

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I currently have:

Magnus
SBI CB (recently got)
Amazon ICICI

Switch to Jio/Airtel according to your Network preference. (Postpaid Preferred : Family Plan is OP)

If going with Airtel then go for Axis Airtel CC otherwise use SBI CashBack CC.

helloworld

TF Legend
Your price is usually locked in with Postpaid unlike with Prepaid.

And ofcourse, there's the free OTT, preferrential support and maybe network priority.

we can pay the differential amount and get same OTT subscriptions. Price, I'm not sure but AFAIK Postpaid has higher chances to go over when things like data exhasusted and consume more etc. where as Prepaid instant disconnection or low speed.

Support, Priority - Maybe, if provided then its good one but I doubt.

Thanks for the points.

RajeshV

TF Premier
we can pay the differential amount and get same OTT subscriptions. Price, I'm not sure but AFAIK Postpaid has higher chances to go over when things like data exhasusted and consume more etc. where as Prepaid instant disconnection or low speed.
I suppose you're fixated on single connection plans. I'm paying ₹999+GST per month for 5 connections.

You can't really go over limit these days, and even if it happens you decide whether to be billed or have it stop access.

insight

TF Ace
No, it works for Amazon gift vouchers bought in Amazon itself (they probably aren't reporting the right MCC).
I would not know but apparently it seems to have stopped or going away on SBI CB so using alternate sources to buy GV is being done.

And that is used for Phone Bill payment via Amazon Wallet.