• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
80k in a single tnx or multiple? So, the reward rate is almost as per the OP
Nope
Paytm won’t allow big amounts in single go
I split 20k X 4 times and effected one by one when the previous payment gets settled
Once I did 75k in hdfc platinum bill pay I took IndusInd for testing and yes as per OP it’s fine true but I prefer straight hdfc till 75k once it’s threshold met in a month then to use this funda to get 0.9%

ULTRA-MAGNUS

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Nope
I split 20k X 4 times and effected one by one when the previous payment gets settled
Once I did 75k in hdfc platinum bill pay I took IndusInd for testing and yes as per OP it’s fine true but I prefer straight hdfc till 75k once it’s threshold met in a month then to use this funda to get 0.9%
Are you confirm about getting cashback on platinum debit card via paytm for cc bill payment? Does paytm categorize this as utility payment?

rishav05

TF Buzz
Which account I need to open to get Exclusive/Select Debit Card free of cost? What is the MAB criteria? Can anyone help me provide more details to get 0.93% reward on it.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Any specific goal behind using HDFC Bill Pay instead of using Paytm, Mobikwik, Cred (50k+)?
Because I find Cred to be the easiest to use and it gets credited immediately in most of the cases and you can easily track which credit cards are left to pay the bills and how much.

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Is Indusind Bank offer is still there to open Joint account with Zero MAB by just giving 4 lakh initial deposit?
How's Axis Bank Liberty Saving Account option for paying CC Bills?
How can I use my friend's and family members HDFC Platinum DC for bill payment?
HDFC:
Most of us know that the best way to pay Bills for the Credit Card is the HDFC Bill Pay Portal, it allows us 1% reward rate for max 750 per month.
A person has to use the HDFC Bill pay portal via Netbanking/Mobile Banking for the same. (Using Easyshop Platinum Debit Card)

IndusInd:
The second best way is premium Indusind Debit Cards, i.e., Select/Exclusive Debit Card, it offers upto 0.93% reward rate and could be beneficial for those who frequently exhaust the HDFC limit,
Note: Paytm does not accept the mastercard variant of these cards, so in my experience Mobikwik does and gives the reward. For Visa Variant, paytm would work.
Unlike HDFC, Indusind offers incremental rewards for Credit Card payment, the rewards you get are (Brackets for total monthly spend):

Spend 5k - 0.35% - Rs 17
Spend 10k - 0.43% - Rs 43
Spend 20k - 0.56% - Rs 112
Spend 30k - 0.67% - Rs 201
Spend 40k - 0.72% - Rs 288
Spend 50k - 0.78% - Rs 390
Spend 60k - 0.83% - Rs 500
Spend 80k - 0.88% - Rs 704
Spend 100k - 0.92% - Rs 920
Spend 112.5k (Max) - 0.93% - Rs 1050
Here the max limit for Cashback is Rs 1050 a month as a person can get max 3000 reward points (1 RP= Rs 0.35)
Is Indusind Bank offer is still there to open Joint account with Zero MAB by just giving 4 lakh initial deposit?

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

1) No, the IndusInd offer is closed. Wait till next month, they will probably have a Valentine's Day offer for the Partner account
2) Read this post & then the thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-liberty-bank-account-suggestion.1504/post-87673
3) You won't get any benefit. The account holder gets the benefit. Read this: https://www.technofino.in/community...c-bill-payment-portal-and-get-1-cashback.879/

kshitij_0

TF Ace
1) No, the IndusInd offer is closed. Wait till next month, they will probably have a Valentine's Day offer for the Partner account
2) Read this post & then the thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-liberty-bank-account-suggestion.1504/post-87673
3) You won't get any benefit. The account holder gets the benefit. Read this: https://www.technofino.in/community...c-bill-payment-portal-and-get-1-cashback.879/
Thank you so much for replying. Few more doubts to be cleared
Any specific goal behind using HDFC Bill Pay instead of using Paytm, Mobikwik, Cred (50k+)?
Because I find Cred to be the easiest to use and it gets credited immediately in most of the cases and you can easily track which credit cards are left to pay the bills and how much. I find HDFC Bill Pay to be difficult to use than Cred Paytm Mobikwik etc, in that you need to register a biller first and wait for sometime and there are chances of declining the transaction. Then why one should prefer HDFC Net Banking/ any other bank's bill pay?

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you so much for replying. Few more doubts to be cleared
Because I find Cred to be the easiest to use and it gets credited immediately in most of the cases and you can easily track which credit cards are left to pay the bills and how much. I find HDFC Bill Pay to be difficult to use than Cred Paytm Mobikwik etc, in that you need to register a biller first and wait for sometime and there are chances of declining the transaction. Then why one should prefer HDFC Net Banking/ any other bank's bill pay?
You only get the reward points on CC Bill Payment using the Platinum debit card when using HDFC Bill Pay. And by far, the platinum debit card is the best way to pay off CC bills. 1% without any hassles for most bank's CCs. Biller registration needs to happen just once and you can pay 2 hours later even if it shows Pending. As long as you pay your bills at least a week before, it always gets credited to the CC account in time. Plus, I have always received the reward points without any hassle, in most cases 2 days later

kshitij_0

TF Ace
You only get the reward points on CC Bill Payment using the Platinum debit card when using HDFC Bill Pay. And by far, the platinum debit card is the best way to pay off CC bills. 1% without any hassles for most bank's CCs. Biller registration needs to happen just once and you can pay 2 hours later even if it shows Pending. As long as you pay your bills at least a week before, it always gets credited to the CC account in time. Plus, I have always received the reward points without any hassle, in most cases 2 days later
So you are saying if we use HDFC Plat DC anywhere else apart from HDFC Bill Pay(like Cred, Paytm, Mobikwiw etc), i won't get any cashback of 1%?
I have been using Cred for bill payments using my HDFC DC and I never bothered to check whether I am getting CB or not? Also I have added money in Airtel payments bank and kotak bank using my HDFC DC multiple times and didn't check whether I got any cashback or not.
So, Cred paytm and mobikwik is only to be used in case of Indus bank DC? Or it won't give cashback in that case also? Is there any benefit of using any bank's debit card in case of Cred Paytm etc?

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So you are saying if we use HDFC Plat DC anywhere else apart from HDFC Bill Pay(like Cred, Paytm, Mobikwiw etc), i won't get any cashback of 1%?
I have been using Cred for bill payments using my HDFC DC and I never bothered to check whether I am getting CB or not? Also I have added money in Airtel payments bank and kotak bank using my HDFC DC multiple times and didn't check whether I got any cashback or not.
So, Cred paytm and mobikwik is only to be used in case of Indus bank DC? Or it won't give cashback in that case also? Is there any benefit of using any bank's debit card in case of Cred Paytm etc?

Whether or not you got cashback when you used it at those other places depends on the MCC. The rules are below. Also, more importantly, the reward cashback needs to be converted to actual statement cash credit else it will expire. So do login to Netbanking immediately and convert any existing points else you'll lose them depending on if & when you earned them
These are the rules
  • Get 1 Cashback point on every Rs. 100 spent on Telecom, Utilities.
  • 1 CashBack point on every Rs. 200 spent on Groceries & Supermarket, Restaurant & Apparels, Entertainment
  • Maximum cap of Rs. 750 per card per month
  • No cashback points for all other categories apart from the one above.
  • Customers will receive cash back points on eligible MCC (Merchant Category Code) only. Click Here to Know More.

I'm almost sure (particularly in the add money cases) that you haven't received any cashback

I haven't tried payments using the IndusInd DC yet. You should be able to use it in the apps you mentioned. The last few pages of this thread itself have comments by someone who has used it.

I currently have an RBL Signature+ card and I should hopefully be able to report regarding the reward points (1% in the form of vouchers) by the middle of this month

satviksehgal

TF Premier
I have been using the RBL Signature + Debit card for over 2 months now. Pretty smooth, and highly recommended. Cashback vouchers are sent to you mid month for the previous months transactions.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Nope
Have you tried cred?