• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:

smuff

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Been a while more than a month. It won’t allow me always throws error. Even customer care don’t know they just send basic email which doesn’t help. I have two difficulties Cust Id one for account and one for credit card.
I had similar issue. If you already had credit card and then opened savings account then linking them will be issue. Here is the workaround:
1. Create internet banking user id for savings account.
2. Login and link your credit card.
3. Wait for a day or two then link savings account to credit card in mobile app. You should see success message.
4. After this wait for 2-3 days to see account and credit card linked in mobile app.

KLB@96

TF Premier
I had similar issue. If you already had credit card and then opened savings account then linking them will be issue. Here is the workaround:
1. Create internet banking user id for savings account.
2. Login and link your credit card.
3. Wait for a day or two then link savings account to credit card in mobile app. You should see success message.
4. After this wait for 2-3 days to see account and credit card linked in mobile app.
OKay, thanks will follow this

skvignesh

TF Premier
#HdfcPlatinum - Did points redemption & bill payment made on Saturday & Sunday take time to settle?

I didn't got any points or cashbacks.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Part 2
(Maximum value of transaction, Maximum CB)

HDFC Platinum(75000,750)
HDFC Millennia(40000,400)
Indus MC World(112500, 1050)
Indus Visa Sign(112500, 1050)
Indus Visa Platinum(79267, 700)
Thnks for this analysis! I have one question:
I currently have HDFC Millenia DC, and also have option to upgrade it to Preferred Platinum DC.
Can I use both/either of these cards on the HDFC Bill pay portal to pay "any banks CC bill" and get 1% cashback (upto the capping limit)?

Also, I read this in Millenia DC page. Does this Credit Card payment refer to direct CC payment (and not through HDFC Bill Pay)

1693287724637.png

@kshitij_0 @TheMentalist

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I currently have HDFC Millenia DC, and also have option to upgrade it to Preferred Platinum DC.
Can I use both/either of these cards on the HDFC Bill pay portal to pay "any banks CC bill" and get 1% cashback (upto the capping limit)?

Also, I read this in Millenia DC page. Does this Credit Card payment refer to direct CC payment (and not through HDFC Bill Pay)

1693287724637.png

@kshitij_0 @TheMentalist
Only one card will be active at a time.

Direct payment.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Only one card will be active at a time.

Direct payment.
Thanks @4uziaul. I just wanted to confirm (since haven't explored/exploited) this method...... If this works for all other Credit Cards (ones listed in hdfc billpay portal), the I'll get my Millenia upgraded to Platinum (hold a preferred account, so should be free and easy) to extract better value.

I realized my wordings were a bit confusing....like using 2 DCs....... i meant to ask if the cashback thing is applicable for Millenia as well as Platinum, right?

palen

TF Premier
Thanks @4uziaul. I just wanted to confirm (since haven't explored/exploited) this method...... If this works for all other Credit Cards (ones listed in hdfc billpay portal), the I'll get my Millenia upgraded to Platinum (hold a preferred account, so should be free and easy) to extract better value.

I realized my wordings were a bit confusing....like using 2 DCs....... i meant to ask if the cashback thing is applicable for Millenia as well as Platinum, right?
Not sure about millennia but works with platinum.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

If you are going to use HDFC BillPay use Platinum Debit card for the 1% CB.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

1693287724637.png

@kshitij_0 @TheMentalist
For CC bill payments, you can use both HDFC Billpay and Mobikwik for getting CB on both Millennia and Platinum DC, as these merchants are classified under Utility Bill payments and hence not excluded
Millennia DC will give 2.5% upto 400 pm (credited in 90-120 days) and Platinum DC will give 1% upto 750 pm (credited in 1-3 days usually)

Last edited:

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For CC bill payments, you can use both HDFC Billpay and Mobikwik for getting CB on both Millennia and Platinum DC, as these merchants are classified under Utility Bill payments and hence not excluded
Millennia DC will give 2.5% upto 400 pm (credited in 90-120 days) and Platinum DC will give 1% upto 750 pm (credited in 1-3 days usually)
Thanks a lot for the explanation... Made the doubts very clear!
Since I use my CC for most of the online/offline purchases, and DC is used rarely for ATM and minor here/there txns... I believe I should upgrade to Platinum, without much thought. Was sticking to Millenia bcz of the 2.5% on online thing, but already have Atlas (4%), SBI CB (5%) that take care of online spends!

Thanks @TheMentalist

Thanks a lot for the explanation... Made the doubts very clear!
Since I use my CC for most of the online/offline purchases, and DC is used rarely for ATM and minor here/there txns... I believe I should upgrade to Platinum, without much thought. Was sticking to Millenia bcz of the 2.5% on online thing, but already have Atlas (4%), SBI CB (5%) that take care of online spends!

Thanks @TheMentalist
This is a cc forum bro, no one here uses dc for shopping. Its totally meant for paying cc bill after shopping with cc.🤣🤣

another

TF Buzz
Visa Signature I got with Indus Partner account isn't getting rewards. I checked (cash) redemption page, points are zero with message that card is not eligible for this redemption instead asks me to go to indusmoments. At Indusmoments, it doesn't show any point in this card. (Paid about 50K bill from mobikwik last week)