• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to buy Apple product > 1lakh?

Looking to buy Ipad Pro costing 1.2lakh. Not much difference between US rates (Post tax) and Indian rates. (10k difference only) so thinking to buy in India only.

Got couple of cards - Axis Magnus, HDFC diners black, HDFC Millennia, ICICI Sapphiro, ICICI Amazon Pay, Amex MRCC.

What are ways to maximize points/cashback?
1. Buy 50k Amazon shopping voucher via Magnus and 15k Amazon Shopping voucher via HDFC Diners black and pay rest with Axis Magnus to reach 1lakh milestone
2. Any offer on AMEX MRCC or Millennia?
3. Any other offer?

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guys need a suggestion. I have Infinia & Magnus both. Need to buy a Macbook Air today and have come to the following 2 conclusions:

1. Infinia through Imagine Store: Rs 85914 - 5000 (Card Cashback) - 10360 Pts (Points Reg 2860 + Acc Pts 7500) = Net Rs 70554

2. Axis Magnus through Flipkart Grabdeals: Rs 84490 [Regular Rewards: 6000 + Acc Rewards 10000 + Milestone 25000 = GT 41000]
(Assuming rest Rs 15500 balance will be spent before 30th April for Milestone Rewards)

Which one is a better bet ?
Will you not be able to complete milestone without this purchase?
25k points should be considered only if you cannot complete without making this txn.

birususama

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Looking to buy Ipad Pro costing 1.2lakh. Not much difference between US rates (Post tax) and Indian rates. (10k difference only) so thinking to buy in India only.

Got couple of cards - Axis Magnus, HDFC diners black, HDFC Millennia, ICICI Sapphiro, ICICI Amazon Pay, Amex MRCC.

1. Buy 50k Amazon shopping voucher via Magnus and 15k Amazon Shopping voucher via HDFC Diners black and pay rest with Axis Magnus to reach 1lakh milestone
3. Any other offer?
Even I recently bought Ipad using DCB. My method was buying amazon voucher and flipkart voucher. Using amazon voucher you can buy a flipkart voucher on amazon. So now you have two flipkart vouchers worth Rs 10k each. Also flipkart has 3k instant discount if you use HDFC card. Rest of it directly buying as the RPs on DCB as there is only 2x RPs by using DCB.

On the other hand many suggested to use your points on smartbuy to buy but as far as I know smartbuy devalues your points atleast for DCB when you buy apple products. So it wont be a smart way to buy.

To maximise the discount you can also wait till end of calender month and buy vouchers again on 1st of next month.

Amrish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

3. Any other offer?
I'm also planning to buy the macbook air m2. I have the infinia, magnus and neu infinity so evaluating which card/ voucher combo to use. I'm planning to use the zero emi option on hdfc. Had a couple of questions (sorry if they have been discussed earlier, but went through the entire chain and didn't get a clear answer)
1. Zero emi also earns the 3x on flipkart and 5x on imagine stores right? And are the reward points calculated on total amount upfront or on the monthly installments. Monthly installments would be better to by pass the daily limit restriction
2. Somebody mentioned to use infinia reward points to purchase on imagine store. My understanding is that points can be used on the infinia rewards portal and not on SmartBuy - imagine store. And the price on the infinia reward portal is much higher so won't make sense anyway. Is my understanding correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
one more way is to buy physically from Croma. buy vouchers worth 86k (whatever is croma price) from axis gyftr.. u will get 5x on all vouchers so 25800 points plus 25000 milestone benefit.. no grabdeals cap of 10k points

just chk gyftr allowing you buy vouchers worth 86k.. croma allows using multiple vouchers for offline purchase

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try it out soon.
Will you not be able to complete milestone without this purchase?
25k points should be considered only if you cannot complete without making this txn.
Mine is already exhausted so will use a family member’s Magnus.
Combine this benefit with spend based offerings so that double dip but u have to postpone purchasing till that
Can you please elaborate?

JSFinance

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can someone please let me know if it is possible to buy 1 lac worth of Croma vouchers using Magnus from Axis Gift Edge platform in a single month ? I can select only 10 vouchers at a time of worth 50k. So, I just need to be sure before moving with this plan. Thanks in Advance.

manzb

TF Premier
Can someone please let me know if it is possible to buy 1 lac worth of Croma vouchers using Magnus from Axis Gift Edge platform in a single month ? I can select only 10 vouchers at a time of worth 50k. So, I just need to be sure before moving with this plan. Thanks in Advance.
Buy it thrice. Someone from the community here used 30 vouchers at the store for 150K.

JSFinance

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Buy it thrice. Someone from the community here used 30 vouchers at the store for 150K.
Cool thanks !! I also called up Gyftr customer care and they also suggested the same. We can buy any number of voucher in multiple transactions. Just we can buy 10 vouchers at a time.
Also, i checked with Croma / Reliance digital that we can apply unlimited number of vouchers in their stores.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Just one addition here - Imagine store via smartbuy, you can also buy on no cost EMI. In that way daily cap of 7500 points can be overcome. However, there will be an additional GST component on the interest that will be applicable, but is net off by the 5x points.
Any idea on when the offer renew for same card on Smartbuy imagine store?

I bought an iPhone 2 months back, but still it is not allowing me for second transaction even for other model.

I'd like to mention that if you're a student, you can save an additional 5 to 20K, depending on your purchase. Access Unidays to claim this offer online. I've also included two screenshots: one reflecting the student discount and the other without the discount. Screenshot_20231124-085210.png Screenshot_20231124-085232.png

rdov

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Any idea on when the offer renew for same card on Smartbuy imagine store?

I bought an iPhone 2 months back, but still it is not allowing me for second transaction even for other model.
Not sure about this. Their chat support I feel is fairly responsive. You can check with them. Don't think there should be any cool off period for offer ideally.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Not sure about this. Their chat support I feel is fairly responsive. You can check with them. Don't think there should be any cool off period for offer ideally.
Chat support said to ask hdfc bank. Infinia support asked to contact conceirge, conceirge support asked to contact Gyftr conceirge, Gyftr conceirge asked to contact hdfc. Now sent mail to Infinia customer care 😅.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Chat support said to ask hdfc bank. Infinia support asked to contact conceirge, conceirge support asked to contact Gyftr conceirge, Gyftr conceirge asked to contact hdfc. Now sent mail to Infinia customer care 😅.
Finally got reply that offer is once in entire card lifetime 😂.

Do they send card with different number when we do block and replace? And any issuance charges for that?

insight

TF Ace
I'd like to mention that if you're a student, you can save an additional 5 to 20K, depending on your purchase. Access Unidays to claim this offer online. I've also included two screenshots: one reflecting the student discount and the other without the discount.
What is required to prove the student eligibility? ID card or Email or some other way to do so?

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Finally got reply that offer is once in entire card lifetime 😂.

Do they send card with different number when we do block and replace? And any issuance charges for that?
what does that mean? We can buy only one apple product through SmartBuy ?

You bought the iPhone from Imagine Store or through redemption of points?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
what does that mean? We can buy only one apple product through SmartBuy ?

You bought the iPhone from Imagine Store or through redemption of points?
One per category. One iPhone and one watch is possible.

Via Smartbuy imagine store card payment.

U can buy more, but instant discount won't apply. Or maybe, it won't allow at all, as portal works like that.

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
One per category. One iPhone and one watch is possible.

Via Smartbuy imagine store card payment.

U can buy more, but instant discount won't apply. Or maybe, it won't allow at all, as portal works like that.
that's really weird. Can anyone else also confirm this?