• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Apple Product Purchases with Points on Infinia Smartbuy Portal: Best Time, Pricing, and Rewards

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Has anybody bought an Apple product using points on the Infinia Smartbuy Portal in the past 1/2 Years? My questions are: What is the best time to make a purchase, and are AirPods Pro 2 currently priced at 26,900 points? Do the prices usually decrease over time? Additionally,Although I wish an Apple Watch was available, redeeming with a 1:1 ratio seems to be the best option. Not in a hurry, I can wait until later this year. During the last Black Friday sale, Apple AirPods Pro 2 were available for 19,000 with HDFC card and other discounts, but I didn't make the purchase. This time, on Amazon Prime, the price is only 2,000 less with an HDFC card, and on Flipkart, it is listed at 21,990. Thank you. Screenshot 2023-07-14 155602.png

Last edited:

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Then thing smartbuy take around 6 month or so depend on the product from apple whether it regular model or model for that to buy through reward point and 30% card payment.

Ohh, I did not know this. If HDFC brings the products only after 6 months, that easily devalues it by 20%, because apple products after 6 months can be bought at 20%(Non-pro things, of course)

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Let considered if I had to use magnus on flipkart what would airpod pro 2 would have got me in term of reward point?

If you would have used grab deals:

20500 sale price

1224 regular edge rewards
4896 grab deals edge rewards (if the txn is recognised, big if)
1224 you can easily get 0.8 value out of it (vistara or accor)
4896 you can get 0.4 after devaluation
Total: 1224 * 0.8 + 4896 * 0.4 = approx 2935.

Hence you would have got it for 17565.
If it wasn’t recognised by grab deals, then 19520.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
If you would have used grab deals:

20500 sale price

1224 regular edge rewards
4896 grab deals edge rewards (if the txn is recognised, big if)
1224 you can easily get 0.8 value out of it (vistara or accor)
4896 you can get 0.4 after devaluation
Total: 1224 * 0.8 + 4896 * 0.4 = approx 2935.

Hence you would have got it for 17565.
If it wasn’t recognised by grab deals, then 19520.
Oh thanks for explaining I totally forget about grab deals. I Actually wanted to redeem my infinia reward point I would still have like jan of 2024(2yr validity last redeem in jan of 2022) to redeem these point and I didn't wanted to redeem for amazon voucher at 50/70 paisa so I went with these. Thanks for explaining

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Oh thanks for explaining I totally forget about grab deals. I Actually wanted to redeem my infinia reward point I would still have like jan of 2024(2yr validity last redeem in jan of 2022) to redeem these point and I didn't wanted to redeem for amazon voucher at 50/70 paisa so I went with these. Thanks for explaining

Yeah that makes sense. It definitely depends on each individual, how they can use it to their best.

FYI, Infinia and Diners black have 3 years rp expiry (best to my knowledge) but yeah it’s good to keep redeeming reward points. Nobody knows what will get devalued when.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
What'

What is the steps to redeem? Can we choose the delivery address?
It simple! Add apple product/ other some amazon voucher and checkout. And address would be the same as per communication address you have given to hdfc during application. If you hold account then you can update the address but then don't keep changing just to receive one order.

Oh I did redeemed 13880 point and paid 13020 and earned 2150 on it for airpods 2 pro though. IMG_5097.jpeg
hi, could you please let me know how many days did SmartBuy take to deliver the AIRPODS to your address from the date of placing the order using your points redemption ? What was the courier used and was there any communication regarding where to track the order status, shipment, and the courier AWB Number ? Thank you in advance :)