• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to apply for Eterna LTF ? (30L+ income)

CardBu5ter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I've heard that Eterna is LTF for people having annual income > 30lakhs.
I have an annual income of 50+ lakhs, and I'm curious to know what will be the best way to apply for Eterna as a LTF card?
Should I apply online or via branch?
If I apply online, will I get an option for LTF?
And if I have to apply via branch, will they acknowledge this LTF offer ie. is every branch aware of this Eterna LTF offer?

Looking for some thoughts on this. Thanks!

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Friends,

One of my early posts on this wonderful forum. Thought I'll mention about the Eterna application.

Had applied for the card on Sep 11th (directly from the portal of BoB and not from the (LTF) link provided here in the forum - I incidentally saw the main thread much later). The in-person verification at my office happened almost immediately in the next 3 days. While applying had requested for add-on card too.

The application was under process all this while till 16th Oct. In the interim, I never received any VKYC kind of link or message as outlined in the main thread here. Surprisingly, on 17th Oct, when I checked got a message that card has been approved. It got delivered by Blue Dart on 20th Oct to my address. Total application to card receipt - almost 40 days. (in between I had called BoB customer care only once - but the lady didn't have much idea on application processing - gave some standard answers - so I decided not to further call or even email them)

My salary p.a. exceeds 30L - had submitted only the bank statement credits of the salary (no salary slips or ITR were submitted) since they weren't asked for during the application. I got the primary as well as the add-on card that I had applied for.

The welcome kit doesn't mention the LTF part- mailed them at BoB eterna email last week to politely enquire about the same (since application was Sep whereas approval was in Oct by which time LTF offer wasn't applicable). They have replied that it is an LTF card:)

Since there is a upcoming devaluation on 15th Nov, thought will use the cards to atleast maximize some benefits before it happens. Purely for the unlimited lounge access (already used both primary and add-on card this week), this is a great card if it is LTF. Even otherwise for other spends if the 5x rewards are applicable for your purchases (post deval), it looks like a good card with the nominal fees of 2.5k. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
VR

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi Friends,

One of my early posts on this wonderful forum. Thought I'll mention about the Eterna application.

Had applied for the card on Sep 11th (directly from the portal of BoB and not from the (LTF) link provided here in the forum - I incidentally saw the main thread much later). The in-person verification at my office happened almost immediately in the next 3 days. While applying had requested for add-on card too.

The application was under process all this while till 16th Oct. In the interim, I never received any VKYC kind of link or message as outlined in the main thread here. Surprisingly, on 17th Oct, when I checked got a message that card has been approved. It got delivered by Blue Dart on 20th Oct to my address. Total application to card receipt - almost 40 days. (in between I had called BoB customer care only once - but the lady didn't have much idea on application processing - gave some standard answers - so I decided not to further call or even email them)

My salary p.a. exceeds 30L - had submitted only the bank statement credits of the salary (no salary slips or ITR were submitted) since they weren't asked for during the application. I got the primary as well as the add-on card that I had applied for.

The welcome kit doesn't mention the LTF part- mailed them at BoB eterna email last week to politely enquire about the same (since application was Sep whereas approval was in Oct by which time LTF offer wasn't applicable). They have replied that it is an LTF card:)

Since there is a upcoming devaluation on 15th Nov, thought will use the cards to atleast maximize some benefits before it happens. Purely for the unlimited lounge access (already used both primary and add-on card this week), this is a great card if it is LTF. Even otherwise for other spends if the 5x rewards are applicable for your purchases (post deval), it looks like a good card with the nominal fees of 2.5k. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
VR
Atleast some appreciation for a good card for it's primary usecase - that is unlimited lounge for both primary and all add-ons with no capping. 🙃🙃

abc.xyz

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
got my LTF premier upgraded to eterna after almost 3 month. Not sure why they are this slow in even acknowledging the acceptance/rejection of application.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Out of nowhere , after 2 month , i received an sms today from BOB saying my upgrade request (premier to eterna) is in process.

When I checked , my current (premier card ) was closed and the limit of my additional card (Snapdeal ) was increased to 2L (earlier 75k same as premier).

Does this mean they have finally upgraded premier to eterna , when I don't want it 😏 ?

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Out of nowhere , after 2 month , i received an sms today from BOB saying my upgrade request (premier to eterna) is in process.

When I checked , my current (premier card ) was closed and the limit of my additional card (Snapdeal ) was increased to 2L (earlier 75k same as premier).

Does this mean they have finally upgraded premier to eterna , when I don't want it 😏 ?
Update. My LTF Premier card has been upgraded to (maybe not LTF) Visa Eterna.

And I'm confused about my feelings 🥺

Premier was just 100% useless. Is eterna worth keeping now ?

One thing is good though , got a limit bump to eterna base of 2L !

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
If they allow (which is currently not mentioned in latest circular) wallet reward points after 15th November, 2022. It's good.

Few areas Eterna still best:
- If that person doesn't have SBI Cashback ( to get best cashback on vouchers and/or utilities ).
- International Spends.

If have SBI Cashback and not needed for Paytm wallet reloads then an alternative card like Snapdeal (~300) is good for Online purchases + BOB discounts + Rupay offers.
Lately many sbi cashback card users are getting 5% even on Paytm wallet load with merchant name as Paytm🤣.

Stevie G

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If they allow (which is currently not mentioned in latest circular) wallet reward points after 15th November, 2022. It's good.

Few areas Eterna still best:
- If that person doesn't have SBI Cashback ( to get best cashback on vouchers and/or utilities ).
- International Spends.

If have SBI Cashback and not needed for Paytm wallet reloads then an alternative card like Snapdeal (~300) is good for Online purchases + BOB discounts + Rupay offers.
Can you elaborate on your 1st point?? If i buy Tanishq vouchers with my Eterna, will i get 3.75% cashback even after its devaluation morms kick in??

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Will try the procedure from here next. When I wrote to BOB Financial CS, they said this:

=====================================
Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings from BOB Financial Solutions Ltd!!
With reference to your mail we regret to inform you that as per our policy since you have Visa select Credit Card, we will be unable to issue new card.
Furthermore if you wish to upgrade ,you can upgrade to Eterna card after one year from the date of Card Issuance only if you meet eligibility criteria of Eterna card.
=====================================