• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best wat to do HDFC Credit card bill payment (cred vs cheq vs other)

newsed

TF Buzz
Hello,
I just recently got HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit card. I'm new to credit cards, and found out I could also get a cashback when paying credit card bills. I searched the forum, but most answers were outdated or vague. What would be the best way to get cashback while paying the bill for this card? I have an SBI Rupay Debit Card and HDFC Millenia Debit card, if that could be useful.

1) I installed cred, and I got an initial ₹50 cashback, but then it seems to be mostly luck to earn cashback on further payments.
2) I heard Cheq is offering 1% cheq chips back on cc bill payment (1% as in 1% value worth of the amount, ie, if i do ₹100 payment, then ₹1 worth cheq chips or 1 cheq chips?). Os that any good, or better than cred?
3) Any other way? (I tried HDFC Billpay, but HDFC cc os not selectable there)

I don't care about suite of other features, as I am separately tracking all my expenses and don't need any app help for that.

samm255

TF Ace
HDFC billpay doesn't have option to pay HDFC credit cards. If you have IndusInd DCs then they provide upto 0.93% CB on HDFC cards.

Check this thread.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
Hello,
I just recently got HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit card. I'm new to credit cards, and found out I could also get a cashback when paying credit card bills. I searched the forum, but most answers were outdated or vague. What would be the best way to get cashback while paying the bill for this card? I have an SBI Rupay Debit Card and HDFC Millenia Debit card, if that could be useful.

1) I installed cred, and I got an initial ₹50 cashback, but then it seems to be mostly luck to earn cashback on further payments.
2) I heard Cheq is offering 1% cheq chips back on cc bill payment (1% as in 1% value worth of the amount, ie, if i do ₹100 payment, then ₹1 worth cheq chips or 1 cheq chips?). Os that any good, or better than cred?
3) Any other way? (I tried HDFC Billpay, but HDFC cc os not selectable there)

I don't care about suite of other features, as I am separately tracking all my expenses and don't need any app help for that.
Why would HDFC give you 1% for transferring money from their one account (HDFC savings) to another account (HDFC CC) via bill pay it is applicable only for other bank CC's.

Here is what you can do?
1. Get Indusind select debit card and pay via Paytm or Park+ DC route.
2. Get RBL bank Signature+ debit card and pay CC bill via Paytm route.

As @samm255 told you go through the thread he mentioned for detailed info on above methods.