• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to pay credit card bill

Could anyone suggest what is best way to pay CC bill, if bills in lacs. Please note I am aware of below

HDFC Bank debit card for 40k
Mobikwik full payment
Cheq
Cred

I need to pay every month around 1 lac, but not getting proper way for same which is sustainable every month. If anybody aware any platform by which making use of wrong MCC or sumthng & can earn cashback on CC bill payment. Please suggest...

special request for Vishesh Bansal, as you were suggesting 5% cashback on CC bill by wrong MCCa advantage then kindly guide for that... appreciate in advance brother 😃

Kumar93196

TF Ace
Could anyone suggest what is best way to pay CC bill, if bills in lacs. Please note I am aware of below

Mobikwik full payment
Cheq
Cred

I need to pay every month around 1 lac, but not getting proper way for same which is sustainable every month. If anybody aware any platform by which making use of wrong MCC or sumthng & can earn cashback on CC bill payment. Please suggest...

special request for Vishesh Bansal, as you were suggesting 5% cashback on CC bill by wrong MCCa advantage then kindly guide for that... appreciate in advance brother 😃
Use Indie app for additional cb

Use Indie app for additional cb
But does it need to open an account in indusind bank first...or without that as well cashback will be earned..& also will cashback be given as money that could be transferred to some bank account or how it is....just trying to ensure before get it into tht... Pls guide

Kumar93196

TF Ace
But does it need to open an account in indusind bank first...or without that as well cashback will be earned..& also will cashback be given as money that could be transferred to some bank account or how it is....just trying to ensure before get it into tht... Pls guide
Need indusind bank indie Account
Rewards will be earn in reward points form which can be converted to cash in 1:1

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Mobikwik full payment
Cheq
Cred

Open indusind select 50k
Or take RBL signature+ dc

Need indusind bank indie Account
Rewards will be earn in reward points form which can be converted to cash in 1:1
So what I understood is paying bill with their account will fetch gems... And it has capping .. so correct me if my below understanding is not correct:

1) i can pay directly credit card bill payment with indie account, I will earn gems and which has monthly capping.
2) i can use other credit card bill payment platforms like... Paytm, amazon, payzapp etc. ..and there I will use indie 50k debit card... So by those transactions also I will earn gem .. and these gem is not part of capping said in point 1... Correct? And ths has no capping to earn as well...

Kindly help to understand this as well pls

Kumar93196

TF Ace
So what I understood is paying bill with their account will fetch gems... And it has capping .. so correct me if my below understanding is not correct:

1) i can pay directly credit card bill payment with indie account, I will earn gems and which has monthly capping.
2) i can use other credit card bill payment platforms like... Paytm, amazon, payzapp etc. ..and there I will use indie 50k debit card... So by those transactions also I will earn gem .. and these gem is not part of capping said in point 1... Correct? And ths has no capping to earn as well...

Kindly help to understand this as well pls
Indie dc don't offer gems on credit card bill payment.

If you pay bill via indie account inside of indie app you will get max 50 gems on bills of more than 500rs. Like if you have 5 ccs and you pay bill worth 3000(total) you will get 250 indie coins = 250rs.

1lakh on RBL
.75 on hdfc

Where are you spending this much? Rotation? Genuine spends ?
Businessmen?
Yes online shopping/utilities bills/travel tickets payment for friends and relatives...just as my interest & hobby only to find deals online not as a business kind 🙂.. But was indeed not interested much in opening multiple banking accounts... So was primarily looking for some platform...that provide cashback on CC bill payment just merely registering with them like cred, cheq... something like that.. rather taking some products first of them like DC and all then get CB on tht

Indie dc don't offer gems on credit card bill payment.

If you pay bill via indie account inside of indie app you will get max 50 gems on bills of more than 500rs. Like if you have 5 ccs and you pay bill worth 3000(total) you will get 250 indie coins = 250rs.
So if using Indie account debit card to pay CC bill on other platforms, it won't fetch any gem like HDFC millenia & other HDFC dc do... Is it?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes online shopping/utilities bills/travel tickets payment for friends and relatives...just as my interest & hobby only to find deals online not as a business kind 🙂.. But was indeed not interested much in opening multiple banking accounts... So was primarily looking for some platform...that provide cashback on CC bill payment just merely registering with them like cred, cheq... something like that.. rather taking some products first then get CB
If u don't have 10-15 lakh itr
Don't spend that much with cc
Caution

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
As in total annual earning to tht 10-15 lacs...u mean?
If u paying 1-1.5 lakh a month from bank to cc as bill

Someday income tax notice will come for explaining where u got the money from
That day if u r not tax payer ..
U have to pay tax .if u r tax payer
Just use 10-20% more than ur filed ITR .

No prob .

If u paying 1-1.5 lakh a month from bank to cc as bill

Someday income tax notice will come for explaining where u got the money from
That day if u r not tax payer ..
U have to pay tax .if u r tax payer
Just use 10-20% more than ur filed ITR .

No prob .
But if you buy something for someone...so u hav total transaction na... U have transaction of money spent on CC then u hav transaction in account of getting money in account from frnds/relative and then u hav transaction to pay bills of CC... So I think it all end to end answered and track.... But yes this is also only true till.. IT department not considering CB earned on CC also as taxable income 😂

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
But if you buy something for someone...so u hav total transaction na... U have transaction of money spent on CC then u hav transaction in account of getting money in account from frnds/relative and then u hav transaction to pay bills of CC... So I think it all end to end answered and track.... But yes this is also only true till.. IT department not considering CB earned on CC also as taxable income 😂
Cashback earned is taxable @techt after few limitations

+ Sending to relatives is ok but when u get notice
Everything will become red and yellow.

Cashback earned is taxable @techt after few limitations

+ Sending to relatives is ok but when u get notice
Everything will become red and yellow.
Usually it's less than a lac...but sometimes it goes more than 2 as well...when insurance premium and all comes in picture...

Last edited:

Deleted member 30446

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I’ll give you two of the best and most convenient ways to pay:

HDFC Platinum Debit Card via HDFC Billpay: Pay 75000 get back 750.

IndusInd Visa Signature via PayTM: Upto 0.93% when paying a lakh. Maximum earn-able points in a calendar month is 2000. The Mastercard has a limit of 3000 but it is very hit and miss.