• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Private Sector Bank 2023

BiggBoss

TF Select
It's time to recognize the private sector bank that sets the standard for excellence! In an era where banking is more integrated into our daily lives than ever, the quality of services provided by private banks plays a significant role. From seamless online transactions to supportive customer care, and from innovative banking products to user-friendly mobile apps, each aspect contributes to the overall banking experience.

Criteria:

• Online Services: Efficiency, security, and the range of features available through the bank's internet and mobile banking platforms.
  • Customer Support: The availability, promptness, and problem-solving ability of the customer service team.
  • Banking Products: The variety, innovation, and competitiveness of products like credit cards and debit cards.
  • Mobile App: The ease of use, features, and reliability of the bank's mobile application.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Tough call this. Axis has good products even after their mad devaluation spree this year. But they have the most godawful mobile app and a developer team that is totally out of tune with the 21st century tech realities. The customer service is not great either.
HDFC has an overall portfolio that is good, the website is alright. The mycards app is not really an app but a shortcut to a webpage with limited functionalities and the mobile app is not available to card only users. Pretty bad in terms of customer service as well. Federal Bank is been excellent to me on so many counts, but the scales are smaller, and the card work that is mostly outsorced, isn't in the best hands. So many issues technically and otherwise there. Hope they get their, but not really there.
ICICI mobile app has regressed so much and their tech team isn't responsive to customer feedback. Card portfolio is pretty average and the entire business seems to be carried by the AmazonPay card.
The IDFC cards aren't the greatest after the devaluations, but still decent. Their customer service, and tech support in my experience, is pretty good. The scale aren't quite there, but they have the right attitude... So on potential, my vote is for them.

anonymuos

TF Ace
- Axis no bcoz they still cheat people with hidden unexplained consolidated charges and reject CCs for no reason. e.g. denied me Neo on Visa LTF and did too many spam calls+SMS for pre-approved Neo FYF on RuPay 🙄
- HDFC no bcoz their netbanking is dead at night for few hours, UI is bad, PayZapp pwned people, they don't give CC LEs nor LTF card upgrades despite spends😂
- ICICI no bcoz they're downgrading Wealth accounts, Pockets devalued & APay offers not given equally to all😂

My pick would be IndusInd for giving me greatest rewards on DCs and CCs, best banking products, best FD rates

Online services: IndusInd, RBL
Customer support: IDFC
Banking products (and Rewards): IndusInd
Mobile app: RBL
Best overall: IndusInd 👑

Last edited:

Tarun239

TF Premier
According to me it's axis, their burgundy account is much better than hdfc premium accounts. Axis according to me gives u overall package their burgundy debit card plus select credit card combo is really great. Hdfc I had the worst experience, to get spouse added to family banking program was a nightmare, took 8 mths, multiple complaints. Would like to know opinion off fellow members on federal and yes bank accounts .

taskmaster

TF Select
Will share my experience with almost 10+ banks.

Online Services (UI Experience): Kotak, IDFC, AU
Customer Support: ICICI(maybe because of wealth customer), IDFC.
Banking Products:
HDFC, Axis.
Mobile App
: IDFC, AU, Kotak, ICICI.

Bank Wise Exp:

HDFC Bank: Doesn't value existing customers, decent digital infrastructure. Good account benefits wrt mab required, one of the best DC's.

ICICI Bank: Products are loosing charm and totally not value for money, slowly following the path of HDFC of not valuing existing customers, great phone banking app net banking can be improved.

Kotak Bank: Normal, nothing out of the box except 811 account which is one of a kind. Decent app and good net banking.

Axis Bank: Coming up with good products but unnecessary cheap tactics like consolidation charges here and there are ruining the overall experience. Pathetic customer support. Decent app and net banking.

Indusind Bank: Nothing good except their FD rates and DC's. Customer support is too slow.
Decent app and net banking.

IDFC Bank: Emerging good as of now coming up with new products, good app and net banking but the products doesn't seems to appeal the masses. Overall it good.

AU Bank: Pretty decent, good app and net banking.

SBI & BOB: I don't think PSU needs any explanation. But still SBI app has been good with recent updates making it sweet and simple.

Overall HDFC and IDFC seems to be a good choice considering the overall experience.
Kotak has amazing CC for Privy league