• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best offline spends card? Credit or debit both work

cardz

TF Buzz
Maximum cashback. Preferably LTF but not mandatory

Edit: Almost all that I know offer 1% cashback only. So looking for something better.

Last edited:

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family

Edit: Almost all that I know offer 1% cashback only. So looking for something better.

I would suggest taking a multiple approach.

Group your spends into a few categories and then think -
  • If you have fuel spends when you are using your own vehicles (in metros, people use trains and taxis, so not worth while) then my personal favorite is SBI BPCL Octane Card. There is an annual fee of Rs 1499+gst with a spend waiver of 2 Lacs. Using it, you get-
*Fuel at BPCL bunks and Bharat Gas - 6.25% value Reward points capped at 10k per billing cycle
*Groceries & Movies & Dining - 2.5% value Reward points capped at 75k per billing cycle, works at Dmart and Reliance Fresh. Did not try movies and dining, so cannot comment on the places where it will work.
  • If you use flights a lot, then get a card catering to flights rewards.
  • If you have Airtel connections, then get an Axis Airtel Credit Card.
  • If you use Railways a lot, get any of the IRCTC variants from SBI, BOB, Hdfc or whatever.
  • If you are a lifestyle lover who loves online shopping, get one that caters to it.
  • Other than that as you already said, 1% is what most cards offer, so get an ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card, no conditions attached with LTF for the balance spends
It all depends on where the bulk of your spends go, so choose a card according to that and spend accordingly to get maximum rewards. Using this approach, you should be able to get a decent savings of 3.0 to 4.0 percent on your spends, if you use your cards at a maximum capacity.

Above approach is good, if you have annual spends of 4-5 Lacs. If you are aiming higher, then reconsider your approach and let other members suggest. Even if you balance and rotate everything, you won't be able to save more than Rs 500 per month with a card that gives a flat 1.5% to 2.0% reward rate.

Just what I think.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

CardTox

TF Premier
Have you ever tried this?
Is buying cards not excluded from cashback?
@aakashyadava
Loading pp cards doesn't give any cashback, but fortum is an exception to that..... Though it comes under home firnishing etc, still it gives full cb as like any other murchant... even flipkart gives 1.5% cb as per my last experience, and sbi cb cc 5%.... bt loading is not available as of now.....therefore donn't know the latest status.

Rdspam

TF Premier

HSBC and Standard Charterd both have debit cards that give 5%. HSBC is for salaried account holders and SC one is with 2L AMB

ssrahul96

TF Buzz
i was looking out for the same,

Recently found that SBI prime CC gives 2.4% back on Dining, Groceries, Departmental stores and Movies spends,

But it cost 3k / year and they issue 3k cupons for it.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
How to get 5.14% using AU LIT
Check here

Before you start asking more questions, try searching the forum first. There are existing threads, so don't skip any pages. That's how you search.
Screenshot_20230815_130316_Chrome.jpg